Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have grown to like Hutchy after listening to his podcast all year. His Footy Classified persona is largely an act like Sam Newman's on The Footy Show. There are few more knowledgable or powerful people in footy than Hutchy now, reckon the show will actually be the most watchable it has been in years.

(Not that I expect to be watching much)

Sarcasm?

I was a hater too, but I put it aside and listened to The Sounding Board. Best new podcast I've heard this year. So many incredible behind the scenes anecdotes from his years in footy plus genuinely interesting insights on footy and the media. It's a genuinely fantastic listen.
Is that you Craig?

Down the gurgler the show goes.
It's been down the gurgler for years I reckon and the Hutchy appointment is indicative of just how terrible the majority of football "journalism" is.

It's been down the gurgler for years I reckon and the Hutchy appointment is indicative of just how terrible the majority of football "journalism" is.
Totally agree. He is the absolute bottom of the gutter, scum of football journalism. He exists still, purely and only because his company Crocmedia has picked the bones out of the regional, sporting interests, to the point that no-one can fire him. He's clever obviously, but he's a campaigner and a worm.

Again, I haven't watched the show regularly in years, it genuinely is a s**t program, however it's crazy that a television network would employ this guy as their front man for a flagship program. Channel 9 and this muppet deserve each other and hopefully it signals the end of this embarrassment sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And as I posted on Nov 13th, JB will be commentating on Fox Footy.

Following Eddie in every sense... Except the fact that he knew when to pass on the reins at club level.

I can't believe channel 9 thinks anyone wants to watch hutchy. Staggering.

What's worse? Hutchy hosting the Footy Show or BT calling Friday nights? The only conclusion I can make is that commercial TV wants us to hate football.

Commercial TV aren't exactly making us like anything they have on tbh. Try following any drama around the schedule from week to week.

I know it's a massive boys club, but how many flogs are in on it? Does everyone in football media actually think BT is a great caller? That Hutchy has a head for primetime TV?
That Rompingwins has a voice for radio?
It doesn't make sense.
How did we get to the point of having a talent pool so diluted this is the best we can come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back