Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely David King is taking the piss? He's reading stuff into comments that aren't there........ farcical discussion with Slobbo & McLure. Whatley at least has some common sense...

I couldn't believe what Kingy was going on about. Brad said nothing like what Kingy thought. It was like he heard a totally different interview. Forget about Whateley, even Slobbo and Maclure were wondering what on Earth he was going on about.

Back to the final two minutes, wouldn't we want our best two ball-winners around the stoppage?

If Mundy pressed forward, we should have been pushing wings and small forwards back, not the guys who can prevent a forward thrust from even starting. Perhaps that was on Cunners to communicate, but I wouldn't have wanted him back at that stage.
i agree

Also ppl seem to forget we were only 1 point in front - They won that contest (which they shouldn't have with an extra being cunners at the stoppage) if they got the ball anywhere near the 50m mark they would've bombed it for a point and it would've been a draw, or worse a goal and we lose.
If its all bullshit, then its persistent bullshit, and he's had plenty of time to speak to his manager so that he can come back and say 'I spoke with Craig, and I can he denies that he ever spoke to Brisbane', instead you get the line 'If he did it was without my knowledge'. This is kinda like saying he expects us to believe he never discussed it with his manager. How stupid does he think we are? But its not evidence in itself that he was looking, just that he is BSing about his manager.

He suggests that he's show significant loyalty to us, and quite clearly gets upset about that being questioned, and then goes on to suggest its his loyalty that made him drop the senior players.... That if he was only worried about himself he would of kept those seniors players on.... PLEASE HOLD ME BRAD, YOUR LOYALTY KNOWS NO BOUNDS.

Bah, i'm just ranting now. But I can see why coaches going through a list refresh can go bad, because clearly they are looking at the next job and the look W/L and how to keep propping a side up at the cost of the clubs future. I hope this does not happen. I just wish instead they would accept the new challenge and embrace if fully and ignore the W/L when it comes to selection. If you are going down, lets bounce rather than hover like we did during the laidly/brad years.

isn't he embracing that now? he said himself if he was looking for wins he would have kept them on.

re; his management and brisbane, i'd believe brad anyday over caro and barrett, they're full of bullsh***, the only true stories they come up with are ones that have already been broken.

Wat?

63+3=69
61+4= 69
3+2=69

You own the number on here ...yet cannot see the true equations.
The only way you can get a 69 is if a 6 is added to a 9. Once you do some Sex Ed you'll get it. Anyways back to the topic at hand. Who are these 3 BBB you speak off? :stern look

If we had of won the these 3 close games and we were 3-2 & sitting in the 8 what would these " experts " be saying ???

It wouldn't be how well North are playing or Norths kids are better than we thought .

It would be how the cats , dogs and freo played poorly / they didn't come to play .
Or that North had a 5 goal lead and nearly gave it up when the opposition switched on .

Just as bad had we given boomer another year like Kingy wanted it would've been the only reason North got up was because boomer was there to influence the outcome . North are still too reliant on a 39 year old .

There's no pleasing these muppets when it comes to the NMFC

If we had of won the these 3 close games and we were 3-2 & sitting in the 8 what would these " experts " be saying ???

It wouldn't be how well North are playing or Norths kids are better than we thought .

It would be how the cats , dogs and freo played poorly / they didn't come to play .
Or that North had a 5 goal lead and nearly gave it up when the opposition switched on .

Just as bad had we given boomer another year like Kingy wanted it would've been the only reason North got up was because boomer was there to influence the outcome . North are still too reliant on a 39 year old .

So true! Haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ifs and buts, candy and nuts.

Mind sound a little odd but we are probably getting more positive press being zip and 5 than if we had scraped a few wins in and were "making up the numbers in the eight" which has been a common theme over the past few years.

Mind sound a little odd but we are probably getting more positive press being zip and 5 than if we had scraped a few wins in and were "making up the numbers in the eight" which has been a common theme over the past few years.

Consensus after round 9 2016... North making up the numbers in the 8.

Wakka is a bit like molly without having to fall of a ladder. He is a little funny though in his qakka kind of a way. Lik when he got booted off big brother.
I didn't know how to take him. He blames his ex-wife for his demise moving from Sydney to Brisbane . Then blames Mark mickan the bears captain for being resentful over his pay and kicking torps over his head and not passing to him.
Lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I couldn't believe what Kingy was going on about. Brad said nothing like what Kingy thought. It was like he heard a totally different interview. Forget about Whateley, even Slobbo and Maclure were wondering what on Earth he was going on about.
Yeah. I reckon this joint goes overboard with reading too much into Scott's comments but FFS it looks like they didn't even bother to watch the whole 10 minutes, just the 30 seconds the producers stuck in front of them. If you've watched even a handful of Scott's interviews you know that's how he always answers these kind of questions, because, well, it's the truth and he's a ******* grownup.

Whatever his failings as a coach, I've never had a problem with his sit-down interviews. Goes into autopilot in pressers but is thoughtful and forthright in these settings.

Yeah. I reckon this joint goes overboard with reading too much into Scott's comments but FFS it looks like they didn't even bother to watch the whole 10 minutes, just the 30 seconds the producers stuck in front of them. If you've watched even a handful of Scott's interviews you know that's how he always answers these kind of questions, because, well, it's the truth and he's a ******* grownup.

Whatever his failings as a coach, I've never had a problem with his sit-down interviews. Goes into autopilot in pressers but is thoughtful and forthright in these settings.

100% spot on. And to be honest, probably fair enough. There's a reason (besides sulking :() that I usually try to keep my mouth shut for an hour or two post a crushing loss - the emotions get in the way of the thinking straight and talking sense.

isn't he embracing that now? he said himself if he was looking for wins he would have kept them on.

re; his management and brisbane, i'd believe brad anyday over caro and barrett, they're full of bullsh***, the only true stories they come up with are ones that have already been broken.
Is he embracing that? I'm not sure. He is certainly doing it to an extent, but they way he sounds it out he is being forced. I just don't think he has the right mindset for the rebuild. The media he gave shows him with one foot in and one foot out, his ongoing post games are about its youth that are exposing us yet our out actual 22 playing lists we are still in the top half of the field for age - IMO he still prefers to select experience over youth even when those players are clearly not showing enough.

His comment about his desire to play experience over youth because experienced players are easier to train... I mean that just makes me sit in wonder... If you shy away from youth because its hard then is it any wonder why half of us baffled by the non selection of the likes of mason in 2015 and the start of 2016, or EVW late last year, or the continued selection of Petrie and McKenzie. Not only was he choosing experience over youth, he was choosing it over form (or even some about to be delisted!)

Comments, opinions and assumptions aside, the facts are that all the players that are left are his players now, pretty much only ever trained under brad, so its ALL him now, and looking at the age numbers the playing 22 are about par for other lists vying for the top 8. Brads youth development of every one of our players under 28 is on show right now.

Back to opinions, I think that probably goes a long way as to why he would come out publicly looking for work.

Is he embracing that? I'm not sure. He is certainly doing it to an extent, but they way he sounds it out he is being forced. I just don't think he has the right mindset for the rebuild. The media he gave shows him with one foot in and one foot out, his ongoing post games are about its youth that are exposing us yet our out actual 22 playing lists we are still in the top half of the field for age - IMO he still prefers to select experience over youth even when those players are clearly not showing enough.

His comment about his desire to play experience over youth because experienced players are easier to train... I mean that just makes me sit in wonder... If you shy away from youth because its hard then is it any wonder why half of us baffled by the non selection of the likes of mason in 2015 and the start of 2016, or EVW late last year, or the continued selection of Petrie and McKenzie. Not only was he choosing experience over youth, he was choosing it over form (or even some about to be delisted!)

Comments, opinions and assumptions aside, the facts are that all the players that are left are his players now, pretty much only ever trained under brad, so its ALL him now, and looking at the age numbers the playing 22 are about par for other lists vying for the top 8. Brads youth development of every one of our players under 28 is on show right now.

Back to opinions, I think that probably goes a long way as to why he would come out publicly looking for work.

since i remember with brad our age demographic has always been older, it shows he's never been one to berth youth as early as other clubs do. if by one foot in and one foot out you mean balance, then yes, there is a balancing act between playing youth and the older players, there is a large grey area, it's not all black and white, he can't just dump all the older players for youth.

His desire is to win, and he knows what he'll get from the older guys, even when they're not performing. From past experience all our older players have responded the following week when they've played poorly, and they are easier to teach as they're not as overwhelmed by the pace and can think clearer during play. Other teams playing bulk youth are doing so because they're filled with first round picks that have the talent to compete, for the rest of the clubs that don't tank year in year out takes years for a player to debut.

If you follow fremantle for the first 2 weeks lyon did the exact same, and all freo fans were infuriated by him playing the same older players - These issues always arise during rebuilds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back