Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the sacking then, in your opinion, at what annual salary would you start to feel uneasy at?
I'm not really sure what you're driving at, and why.

He'll be coach for the rest of 2017. IF, he and the club decide to part ways at the end of the year (which I think is unlikely), then I assume they'll negotiate a form of severance pay. What percentage of his contracted 2018 salary it might be is purely speculative. My point is, whatever it is, I'm confident they'd find a happy middle ground, so to speak.

I'm not really sure what you're driving at, and why.

He'll be coach for the rest of 2017. IF, he and the club decide to part ways at the end of the year (which I think is unlikely), then I assume they'll negotiate a form of severance pay. What percentage of his contracted 2018 salary it might be is purely speculative. My point is, whatever it is, I'm confident they'd find a happy middle ground, so to speak.
Pretty good timing for swallow with the vfl team being announced. We could do a whole lot worse than have swallow in the guts with his leadership qualities in our VFL team next year.

rehash? wow lets see how many things i have to repeat just from this response:
1. i was trying to get some actual facts, not constant opinions about his commitment, you still haven't provided any - you've only copied opinions of scum journo's.
I have not copied a single opinion, and if you insist on this line its just going to make me angry (which must be your objective). I have not and do not take my opinions from journo's. I'm not going to tell you again, so unless you can show me the comments by the journos I am quoting then step off mate.

Fact 1 - Brad fails to deny manager talked to brisbane about getting another job.

He plays a lot of word games to suggest he never approach them, but doesn't ever say his manager didn't speak to them. Clearly he would know by now (unless you believe they have never spoken since last year). If your going to be so 'honest' then fess up.

Fact 2 - Hutchy asks brad if he can 'Commit here tonight if you want to be the coach of north melbourne for the long haul from here on', and because brad didn't answer him directly, he then says "But is that you" Brads response was "Right at the moment it is, I'm really comfortable as my ability as a coach, so if thats north melbourne, then fantastic, and if they still want me and I still feel I'm the best person for the job then thats where I'll be". Its worth mentioning that brad had just made comments about re-assessing his position at the end of the year.

If you are fully committed to being the coach for NMFC for the next rebuild, then you can say "Yes, I am committed to the long haul". Its a very simple question. As a test, imagine you had a new coach you just employed (where there would be no question of commitment), what do you think a new coach would say? Yeah thats right, he certainly wouldn't continue to stonewall on the answer, certainly not open with 'Right at the moment', certainly not say qualify statements with IF thats north, or IF I still feel i'm the best person.

To me, its super clear that IF you are committed, you dont say that.

2. you've just said we're top 8 (7th) for age, i already said under scott he's never dumped in bulk youth (other than rnd when it was required due to injuries), he's phased them in. I don't know how many times the media questioned north's age demographic in recent years and thought that teams like the pies had a better list with youth and talent - yet today they're closer to a premiership age demographic and even the media rate north higher.

What is your point? You are not answering any question of mine, nor are you asking me a question. Around the age bracket, all I said was that we should assess brads performance this year based on the age of the list he plays, like all teams should be assessed. What have the pies got to do with it?

3. freo are clogging up their list because they have SENIORS playing in the 2nds that will be delisted, while we have youth in the seniors and at werribee developing. and i'm comparing us to freo because their fans (like you) were bitch moaning and complaining about the exact same stuff, as well as the fact that lyon never seems to be questioned as a coach and scott is always questioned.

So you tell me I am bitch moaning? Are you really just using freo as a platform to denigrate me? Because facts are that freo have played younger than us, and have a total overall younger list than us, and if they are giving up AFL time to young guys I fail to see how this has any bearing on what we are talking about... Apart from you using it to attack me personally of course, as you are with the whole scum journo's opinion thing.

Also, what's wrong with being in the top 8 for age exactly? should age = place on ladder? well lot's of teams aren't performing according to that rule....we're 7th and we're not performing too far from that position.
I dont know, you tell me??? Did I say there was a problem with top 8 for age? Again, what I said was that near the end of the year the team should be assessed for its performance based on the age of the list used across the year.

Take care how you respond from here on, cause I'm not up for more attacks and I suggest you keep to comments on football, and not on me.

LT as humble as usual.

Were you there that bigfooty sponsor gig where we met LT & Matty Cambpell very early on - I think year 1 for them? Could barely get him to meet people's eyes and that was with a group that was there with stars in their eyes. He's a massively impressive bloke and I'm proud of him no matter what happens from here on.

Were you there that bigfooty sponsor gig where we met LT & Matty Cambpell very early on - I think year 1 for them? Could barely get him to meet people's eyes and that was with a group that was there with stars in their eyes. He's a massively impressive bloke and I'm proud of him no matter what happens from here on.
Wasn't it at some restaurant? If so, yes I was there.

Thought the same - his whole story was about the support he got from other people, the way he tells it.

What's great is that there is no chance whatsoever that he doesn't mean it. Lot's of us say what we think people want us to hear rather than what we truly believe. LT is 100% straight from the heart IMO. It's written all over his face, it's why I have so much time for him. I admire his honesty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and BTW. I don't watch much in the way of footy media nowadays but the Marngrook show is infinitely better than just about everything else on TV around footy. They ask actual questions, questions with some modicum of depth, both emotional and about footy. WTF is wrong with mainstream footy media (and arguably ourselves who apparently keep encouraging it) that this has to be a shining light?

FoxFooty / CH7 etc. Get your house in frigging order.

Also, i find it interesting that he doesnt really want to find extra mid field time as i reckon he is the type that would benefit us greatly atm if he spent 10mins a quarter in there...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/and...e/news-story/64aeb0d2697eb25ebe09576e282dacd6

Andrew Swallow and Lindsay Thomas omissions could start the ‘second wave’ at North Melbourne

FORMER North Melbourne star Nick Dal Santo believes the omissions of veterans Andrew Swallow and Lindsay Thomas for this week’s clash with Gold Coast could be the start of a “second wave” of high profile axings at the club.

The veteran pair were dropped ahead of Saturday night’s clash at Etihad Stadium due to poor form, with Swallow averaging only 16.2 disposals per game this season and Thomas kicking just two goals throughout the first five weeks.

With Swallow set to turn 30 later this year and Thomas just a year younger, both are among the most senior players at North Melbourne and are contracted through to the end of 2018.

However, with the club going through a list rebuild after three straight finals appearances, it’s beginning to look likely they will shed more experience at the end of this year.

The Kangaroos lost almost 2000 games worth of that experience last year when it delisted Dal Santo, along with fellow club greats Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie and Michael Firrito.

And Dal Santo believes Brad Scott’s latest decision could kickstart the next series of strategic choices that will undoubtedly impact the club’s more senior pros.

“This might be the second wave of that coming through,” Dal Santo told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“I was part of the decisions last year and I actually agreed with it.

“Yes, I feel like I could’ve helped going forward. But I actually understood the direction the whole club needed to go, in regards to young kids needing to play games.

“Unfortunately there were a few casualties and I was part of it, but this might be the second wave and I think if Andrew and a few of the other players are realistic, you can see it coming.”

Dal Santo believes that the experienced group of North Melbourne players that were culled last season could have made an impact during the club’s winless start to the season, but said that in the long run it wasn’t “right for us to be there”.

He also revealed his belief that, on merit, Swallow and Thomas perhaps don’t deserve to be in North Melbourne’s best 22 following their disappointing start to the year.

“In some ways it’s not a surprise,” Dal Santo said.

“Sometimes in football you have to deal with facts and the facts are neither of those two boys have been playing good enough football to represent the club.”

Really hope he can find form and confidence so he can earn his spot back in the side, fantastic person and player. Also it seems like he is an excellent leader to the young players in the team so he is still a very valuable player to have in.
Quality to turn up and do the job interview. Not been happy with his form but much respect spect for that performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back