Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s baffling the faith channel 7 put into him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It really does defy all logic. With the conclusion of the footy season I assumed I would get some respite from his gross incompetence, so imagine my surprise and utter repulsion when I awoke at 5:30 the other morning to find that campaigner on my telly filling in for Koch-head. Let me tell you his is a mug you most definitely don't want to see first thing in the morning.
Having said that, courtesy of the miracle of the "ugly friend effect", when he is sat next to that stuck-up, vindictive, backstabbing bitch Samantha Armytage, Basil actually isn’t as unattractive as I remember him being. Doing Sunrise could really be a good move for both his career and his self-esteem, as compared to her he also comes across as knowledgeable, personable and good at his job.

It really does defy all logic. With the conclusion of the footy season I assumed I would get some respite from his gross incompetence, so imagine my surprise and utter repulsion when I awoke at 5:30 the other morning to find that campaigner on my telly filling in for Koch-head. Let me tell you his is a mug you most definitely don't want to see first thing in the morning.
Having said that, courtesy of the miracle of the "ugly friend effect", when he is sat next to that stuck-up, vindictive, backstabbing bitch Samantha Armytage, Basil actually isn’t as unattractive as I remember him being. Doing Sunrise could really be a good move for both his career and his self-esteem, as compared to her he also comes across as knowledgeable, personable and good at his job.
It defies logic that you (or anyone for that matter) actually watch Sunrise.

What can you tell me about SA, JJ? I thought she was lovely!

It defies logic that you (or anyone for that matter) actually watch Sunrise.
Yeah fair point. The television is one of my alarms in the morning and for some reason it is set to channel 7. Once I'm properly awake it promptly gets switched off. Having said that, it beats waking up to that robot Stefanovic trying not to malfunction and pretending that he can express real-life human emotions. I think he needs his hardware upgraded again.

What can you tell me about SA, JJ? I thought she was lovely!
If I am being truthful most of my disdain toward her is probably out of jealousy that she gets paid upwards of 500k a year to do a job that monkeys could do and do better I might add. The rest of my disdain toward her is due to her apparently being a fairly ordinary individual. Ex-Sunrise host Mel Doyle had a few issues with her, as did well respected journalist and presenter Chris Bath. There is plenty more rumour and innuendo about her antics, most of which I don't necessarily believe, but like the saying goes where there's smoke there's fire.

If I am being truthful most of my disdain toward her is probably out of jealousy that she gets paid upwards of 500k a year to do a job that monkeys could do and do better I might add. The rest of my disdain toward her is due to her apparently being a fairly ordinary individual. Ex-Sunrise host Mel Doyle had a few issues with her, as did well respected journalist and presenter Chris Bath. There is plenty more rumour and innuendo about her antics, most of which I don't necessarily believe, but like the saying goes where there's smoke there's fire.

So you're problem is envy then.

It's obvious that there is a big swing towards positive North articles after JMac's interview (especially by AFL paid journalists). Such dramatic swings are usually due a 'directive' that's been passed down.

Together with the CEO's of the clubs the AFL discusses the economics side of footy; such as how to protect it, how to grow it, promote the game, etc as is their job - and I'm guessing the flavour of the week is North.

It won't last long but I do think this it's normal as we've seen it been done many times before when they want to steer away from certain topics.

Well done JMac.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's obvious that there is a big swing towards positive North articles after JMac's interview (especially by AFL paid journalists). Such dramatic swings are usually due a 'directive' that's been passed down.

Together with the CEO's of the clubs the AFL discusses the economics side of footy; such as how to protect it, how to grow it, promote the game, etc as is their job - and I'm guessing the flavour of the week is North.

It won't last long but I do think this it's normal as we've seen it been done many times before when they want to steer away from certain topics.

Well done JMac.
Well done to JMac, but a group of stories like this is more likely to mean our media team has fed good content to the voracious footy media. Bontempelli's haircut got a run, so it's not like a high bar to provide something they will publish, but out guys have put some good stuff out there - best way to hit back at lazy idiots like Ralph is to fill the airwaves with positive stories. Also, JMac is a smart guy and I'd be very surprised he went with the "pissed off" interview without discussing and planning it to some extent in advance. So well done, Heath and team.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-18/young-and-restless-who-are-your-clubs-upandcomers

NTHMELB-2.jpg

The Kangaroos' group is very inexperienced. Injuries meant 2014 draftees Sam Durdin, Daniel Nielson and Ed Vickers-Willis did not make their debuts until this year, while 2015 draftees Ryan Clarke, Declan Mountford, Mitch Hibberd and Ben McKay are still finding their feet at senior level. North is focused on injecting more speed and class into its midfield and Jy Simpkin, Josh Williams and former Bomber Alex Morgan look capable of filling that need, while 2014's No.7 draft pick Paul Ahern was the complete on-ball package before two knee reconstructions halted his progress. Clarke, Mountford and Hibberd are elite endurance runners suited to the modern game, while North will be hoping talls Durdin, Nielson, McKay and Nick Larkey can show next year they can be long-term players. Ruckman Braydon Preuss shapes as Todd Goldstein's successor, possibly as early as next season, while defender Vickers-Willis has shown strong signs of being a future leader.

On the list: 17

AFL experience: Ryan Clarke (21 games), Jy Simpkin (13), Declan Mountford (12), Sam Durdin (8), Braydon Preuss (8), Daniel Nielson (7), Ed Vickers-Willis (7), Mitch Hibberd (4), Cameron Zurhaar (4),

Nick Larkey (2), Josh Williams (2), Ben McKay (1), Paul Ahern (0), Tom Jeffries (0), Oscar Junker (0), Alex Morgan (0), Declan Watson (0)

The standout: Jy Simpkin
One to watch: Paul Ahern

- Nick Bowen

Sitting in the Qantas club in Radelaide and Hutchy is at the table next to me. Can confirm he looks just as punchable (and a little fatter) in person

Sitting in the Qantas club in Radelaide and Hutchy is at the table next to me. Can confirm he looks just as punchable (and a little fatter) in person

******* well get in his face about being relocated off the footy show.

The Sounding Board should ne more accurately called The Water Board.

Pure torture.
Some of their segments are pretty crap. I havent listened to it this year but they had one last year, which they claim was popular, where you had to sell them some idea or something like that. Was crap and they were really into it rofl.

If he got the names correct he wouldnt be too bad. But after years of trying it seems he can't.

If he got the names right, dropped the cheesy puns/jokes, was up to speed with the game. He's be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back