Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CROCMEDIA boss Craig Hutchison has looked after one of his own with Jack Heverin to replace Mark Fine as SEN’s evenings host.

Heverin has been with CrocMedia since 2012 and impressed as a host and caller, even filling in for Hutchison on his show ‘Off The Bench’.

Fine was fired on Monday after 13 years at the sports station.

The evening program will be renamed ‘The Sporting Capital’ with a push to incorporate more live sport in the 7pm to midnight time slot.

“I am excited to be part of the new-look SEN and bring listeners a hybrid show that features live action which I can’t wait to call, as well as everything else that’s happened that day or drops that night when we’re on air,” Heverin said.

“We could be calling live from the NBL or A-League, or back at SEN headquarters. We’ll be where the action is.”

Fine, who hosted the 7pm to midnight shift, as well as a program after the footy and on Sunday mornings, was philosophical today.

“I wouldn’t have an ego if I didn’t think it was the wrong call, but I respect their right to make the decision,” he told the Herald Sun.

“I’m looking forward to the next challenge.”

Fine developed a cult following for his “Evenings With Finey” show.

In other developments a new one-hour show hosted by Sam McClure will run between 6-7pm.

McClure had been a part of the SEN’s revamped breakfast show last year with Garry Lyon and Tim Watson as its resident newsbreaker.

Ironically he will now go head-to-head against 3AW’s Sports Today — hosted by Gerard Healy and Dwayne Russell — the show which gave him his start in the industry.

Fine is the latest host to go after David Schwarz and Mark Allen’s The Run Home show was cancelled.

Mark Robinson has also left the station.

Gerard Whateley will come in to fill the 9am show, with Kevin Bartlett shifted to an afternoon program with Dr Turf.

Andy Maher will be on from midday, and the station has stuck with contracted morning show stars Garry Lyon and Tim Watson, who began this week.

The sweeping changes come as former Footy Show host Hutchison puts his stamp on the line up after taking over as CEO on a salary of $883,752.

Fine said that he would move on with his life.

“KB and I were the only originals on the station, we were there for 15 years,” he said.

“I think they can’t play mates, the board was brought in to make changes and I didn’t have a contract.

GARRY LYON, TIM WATSON MAKE RETURN TO SEN

CROCMEDIA TO BUY CONTROLLING INTEREST IN SEN

“I reckon they’ve made a blue, at night you are talking one on one to the listeners and you become part of their lives.

“But I love the station, and I love the game and I will remain a fan. I’m listening to it right now.”

He will now enjoy spending evenings at home with his wife and four children, he said.

CROCMEDIA boss Craig Hutchison has looked after one of his own with Jack Heverin to replace Mark Fine as SEN’s evenings host. with Dr Turf.

The sweeping changes come as former Footy Show host Hutchison puts his stamp on the line up after taking over as CEO on a salary of $883,752.

Nice salary Hutchy, right down to the $2 at the end.

Spitta is moving to Byron... well I'll be.
Smart move IMO. Profit on house is more than a few years salary of not playing afl. And growing kids in that backyard! My utmost respect and wishes of god luck to Andrew and family. All reports say that he did everything he could for the club. Achilles got him. Should be revered IMO

Nice salary Hutchy, right down to the $2 at the end.
That salary is because the station will become insolvent and he will sell the rights that he has gained in the mean time to somebody else. Maybe himself in a different vehicle. He only sees sport as money. His last word will be 'rosebud'.

Look I like Jack......but he aint no Finey.

And McClure? Seriously? Wtf. haha this station is now screwed. Every night this station helps me get through it working late at night. But its going to turn to crap. I avoided that twit in the morning most times but now one hour every day from that moron.

Sounds like they'll be putting a lot of live sport I am not interested in as well. Looks like I will be listening to more music then I guess.

It half ruins a lot of the fun in the football season, for me.

Last edited:
Smart move IMO. Profit on house is more than a few years salary of not playing afl. And growing kids in that backyard! My utmost respect and wishes of god luck to Andrew and family. All reports say that he did everything he could for the club. Achilles got him. Should be revered IMO

He's a gun and an absolute legend. But he'll spend alot of that money on something worthwhile up here.

I can just imagine rocking out to Jimmy Willing, singing Preacherman Blues ( with Spitta at the Rails.

And McClure? Seriously? Wtf. haha this station is now screwed. Every night this station helps me get through it working late at night. But its going to turn to crap. I avoided that twit in the morning most times but now one hour every day from that moron.

Sounds like they'll be putting a lot of live sport I am not interested in as well. Looks like I will be listening to more music then I guess.

C'mon, surely you'll jump on the ratings bonanza that will be live NBL.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finey was a tremendous assistance to North fans during the Roosistence and gave us a heap of time to get on air and lobby.

He was virtually the only media person to publicly support the retention of North in Victoria and in my opinion no historical account of the fightback should ever leave his name out.

Craig Hutchison and Crocofshitmedia can go and take a flying ****!

Finey was a tremendous assistance to North fans during the Roosistence and gave us a heap of time to get on air and lobby.

He was virtually the only media person to publicly support the retention of North in Victoria and in my opinion no historical account of the fightback should ever leave his name out.

True - there were two media supporters. Fine and Damian Barrett (then at Hun). Jon Anderson at the Hun also helped our cause.

The patience and respect Finey showed towards that North supporter who used to phone up every week and ask when they were going to meet for coffee was a measure of his humanity I thought. It was one of his many unique features I couldn't help loving him for. Sacking Finey was dumb as dogshit. I hope their ratings plummet.

At least he aint on mornings now! Thank F***!

Last edited by a moderator:

He'd from time to time bring up that North website about Caro and her agenda to move us to the GC.

He'd always bring up from time to time, but rarely, that his show from certain times were the highest rating at the station.

And if that clown Steven J Peak stays theres no one to take the piss out of him. Though he does a good job of doing it to himself.

The patience and respect Finey showed towards that North supporter who used to phone up every week and ask when they were going to meet for coffee was a measure of his humanity I thought. It was one of his many unique features I couldn't help loving him for. Sacking Finey was dumb as dogshit. I hope their ratings plummet.
Rob from Mt Eliza. He'd always get first caller every Sun night. Finey had a good heart towards the less fortunate. And supported Recclink.

Organized and went with Rob to meet North players at training etc.

C'mon, surely you'll jump on the ratings bonanza that will be live NBL.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Heh....well plenty attend the games and NBA is going well and I highly doubt it will rate well.

Having said that; they've had a few games already so maybe it has. But we'll see how long for....people are kind of bored AF when its been on.

Are you serious?

He basically ran the evenings.

That is a stupid move IMO.
Jabba the hutch has basically left a talent pool available to start a rival and better sports radio station/network. I hope someone does this with the ex SEN talent and leaves Hutch watching SEN burn.

Also I read somewhere that the fat campaigner is on over $800K as CEO of SEN.

Jabba the hutch has basically left a talent pool available to start a rival and better sports radio station/network. I hope someone does this with the ex SEN talent and leaves Hutch watching SEN burn.

Also I read somewhere that the fat campaigner is on over $800K as CEO of SEN.
"$883,752"

I've been wobbling as a listener. More of that peanut "newsbreaker" foetus will push me right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back