Opinion Commentary & Media II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree Daisy Pearce is very good and has a great understanding of the game.

She also doesn’t make it about herself like most of the other commentators.
100% agree. First heard her doing our game v Gold Coast last year and she nailed her analysis of our players in a way I could only dream of the regular commentators coming up with.

I’ve seen this peanut spread like a virus across all mediums of footy media and he doesn’t look like slowing down.

In all that time I’ve never respected anything that Sam McClure says, wears, eats or thinks.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I agree Daisy Pearce is very good and has a great understanding of the game.

She also doesn’t make it about herself like most of the other commentators.

I agree Daisy is a total pro and her analysis leaves some of the jockocracy for dead -also has a friendly demeanour

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

20180527_140109.jpg

I’ll mention it here because I can’t find his player thread. Is Sean Atley the player who has quietly slipped under all our radars so far? His tackling and pressure acts have been through the roof. He’s notching the odd goal too. Really happy for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bump. I'm guessing he's not flying under our respective radars anymore.... A very special player may just have finally arrived.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Just watching that silly thing with Dunstall and the aptly named "spud" and something has occurred to me.

When did Andrew Gaze take up smoking meth?

Just watching that silly thing with Dunstall and the aptly named "spud" and something has occurred to me.

When did Andrew Gaze take up smoking meth?
He became head coach of the Sydney Kings post SEN radio commitments with Andy Maher

Tough life

8. North's twin towers could be the AFL's best duo

Coming back from concussion, Fremantle defender Joel Hamling did an excellent job shackling Ben Brown at Optus Stadium on Sunday, but with the Coleman Medal leader held to just one goal in wintry conditions it was his sidekick Jarrad Waite who got off the leash. Waite's second half was pivotal in the Roos becoming the first interstate side since Sydney in round one to come away from Perth with victory. The 35-year-old booted two crucial goals in the third stanza and opened the final quarter with his third, giving North enough breathing space to hold on for a gritty win. Waite (22) and Brown (32) have combined for 54 majors this year, bettering the 49 majors from West Coast stars Josh Kennedy and Jack Darling – albeit with Kennedy missing the first three rounds – and have been key reasons in the Roos' surprising push for finals this year. - Travis King

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-27/eight-things-we-learned-from-round-10#/

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
8. North's twin towers could be the AFL's best duo

Coming back from concussion, Fremantle defender Joel Hamling did an excellent job shackling Ben Brown at Optus Stadium on Sunday, but with the Coleman Medal leader held to just one goal in wintry conditions it was his sidekick Jarrad Waite who got off the leash. Waite's second half was pivotal in the Roos becoming the first interstate side since Sydney in round one to come away from Perth with victory. The 35-year-old booted two crucial goals in the third stanza and opened the final quarter with his third, giving North enough breathing space to hold on for a gritty win. Waite (22) and Brown (32) have combined for 54 majors this year, bettering the 49 majors from West Coast stars Josh Kennedy and Jack Darling – albeit with Kennedy missing the first three rounds – and have been key reasons in the Roos' surprising push for finals this year. - Travis King

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-27/eight-things-we-learned-from-round-10#/

Brown kicked 2.

Robbo's like

9. GUTSY KANGAROOS

We look for legitimacy by the week and North Melbourne over the past four weeks have beaten Sydney, GWS, Fremantle and pushed Richmond to 10 points. That’s legitimate. Make no mistake, beating the Dockers away is a significant victory. So much to like about North. Kayne Turner’s toughness, Shaun Atley’s clean hands in the slop, Jarrad Waites brilliance, Jamie Macmillan at the back, Jack Ziebell at the front and Ben Jacobs was solid on Nat Fyfe. On the road, in the wet, ran away with it in the final quarter ... this was massive for the Kangaroos.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
^ what a w***er. He thinks he's being outrageous with his defiance of conventional dress standards, but in fact it just confirms to the masses that he's a mega-tool.

The suckhole would lag you for double parking.

Who dresses this clown? His grandma?

DeH8idLUQAA90nY.jpg

He makes Blue and White look s**t which is a magnificent achievement. I'd be pretty happy to see him get hit in the head by a football full of lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back