Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingy "you can get some flukey wins in Tasmania" when asked why Adelaide were beaten by North and Melb.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-17/we-created-a-mini-football-club

"Banned from the game they loved, 12 Essendon players were faced with an almost impossible dilemma as they confronted a season without football. They could have followed their initial instincts and walked away from the sport, but instead they drew on each other's inner strength, and dedicated themselves to a tough training regime as they focused on a return to the AFL. With the Bombers closing on a possible stunning return to the finals, Peter Ryan tells their remarkable story of resilience and redemption."

giphy.gif

Kingy "you can get some flukey wins in Tasmania" when asked why Adelaide were beaten by North and Melb.
That first quarter must have been a pretty incredible series of flukes.

To his credit he went one with a bit more detail. Said when we kick with the wind we go shorter with our kicks and hit up CHF so that we can then kick over any loose man in defense. He said we play the conditions better than anyone.

You'd make a good AFL journo, only giving half the story to fit the narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To his credit he went one with a bit more detail. Said when we kick with the wind we go shorter with our kicks and hit up CHF so that we can then kick over any loose man in defense. He said we play the conditions better than anyone.

Whoa, whoa, whoa ...

does this mean ...

The coach know what he's doing tailoring an actual game plan for the conditions?

Doesn't sound like a fluke then

Trackies, gym shorts and away guernsey = $142 with free postage. Winning.
Awesome deal. I had to write an email because the order went through without the white training top (i was charged for it). They cancelled that order and put it through again. Got home...2 packages.

Have a chinese exchange uni student that has worked in our office for a few months. His birthday next week. Can't wait to see his face when he opens up a package with a north hat, trackies,and home jumper. Welcome to north kiddo.

Whoa, whoa, whoa ...

does this mean ...

The coach know what he's doing tailoring an actual game plan for the conditions?

Pity he cant come up with a game plan that works under the roof...or in Adelaide!

Doesn't sound like a fluke then

Just re-read Jindrrk post, I'm pretty sure King said flukey WINDS!! Hence why he went on to talk about how to play the wind.

Nothing like a lynch mob formed from false information!

Pity he cant come up with a game plan that works under the roof...or in Adelaide!

Just re-read Jindrrk post, I'm pretty sure King said flukey WINDS!! Hence why he went on to talk about how to play the wind.

Nothing like a lynch mob formed from false information!

He typed flukey wins, on further reflection he may have meant winds, but in the Adelaide game they had the advantage for at least a quarter, Melbourne and west coast we defended into it, so there is some kind of good planning there.

But yeah the inability to win in Adelaide shits me too

He typed flukey wins, on further reflection he may have meant winds, but in the Adelaide game they had the advantage for at least a quarter, Melbourne and west coast we defended into it, so there is some kind of good planning there.

But yeah the inability to win in Adelaide shits me too
I'm not denying this. What Kingy was saying was that with the winds being flukey its hard for opposition teams to adapt to it, while we play it well. King probably meant gusty as opposed to flukey but either way I'm pretty sure Jindrrk missed the point!

Sorry to squash this round of King bashing, I know its fun!

Apologies if brought up already but SEN just posted an article saying Saunders is going to leave at the end of this year

Is Saunders the first domino to fall at North Melbourne?

Steve_saunders.jpg

SEN news breaker Sam McClure says North Melbourne is set to part ways with its highly credentialed fitness guru Steve Saunders.

Saunders has been privately and publically lauded as one of the most crucial figures at the club, but has been working in a reduced capacity in 2017, spending only three days a week at Arden St, while living in Adelaide with his family.

He is a confidant of coach Brad Scott, and is highly sought after, with his previous work taking in roles with the US Olympic ski team, Cricket Australia, Athletics Australia and the Australian Ballet.

Upon hearing the news, Garry Lyon described it as a big call, and recalled the high esteem former chairman James Brayshaw held Saunders in.

He also believes the conspiracy theorists would read from the decision that there is a very good chance that Scott will move to the Gold Coast.

“That is a really big call, I know when James Brayshaw was the chairman of North Melbourne he rated him as highly as almost the coach, in terms of importance to that side,” Lyon said.

“The conspiracy theorists would read a lot into that, (they would say) Brad Scott is off to the Gold Coast, so Steve Saunders is off as well.”

Scott is currently a short-priced favourite to become the next coach of the Suns, having been backed in from as much as $41 in some markets.

Apologies if brought up already but SEN just posted an article saying Saunders is going to leave at the end of this year
Says Sam McClure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back