Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Snake.

I wondered if I was being clear enough in the point I was trying to make. Like KT notes I was referring to the act he is describing as sexual assault not the comment.

I have max respect for you old timer, It's just that I have become hyper vigilant of the contemporary encroachment upon free speech.

Last edited:
I think I get what you are saying Harris 10.

I thought about my response carefully & honestly replied to your question. I am genuinely outraged and sickened by his comments.

I am not preparing a march, writing letters to the radio or tweeting an outrage storm.

I replied within the safety of a forum that I consider my online community because I thought it was important enough to put my hand-up to say honestly how it made me feel.
Good for you. Your comments have actually made me think more about why it matters - I haven't listened, but from the bit I read last night, I just thought it was gross and confirmed my already poor opinion of him. I guess the context would make a difference, and your comments have backed up responses from a few people I respect who don't usually get angry like they did about this.

Really?

Agree, his comments are idiotic, not funny and totally inappropriate for radio and the appropriate action was taken.

We have plenty of really issues in society that deserve people’s outrage not what some bonehead said who shouldn’t have been in the media to start with.

I understand and agree with the fact that there are indeed more pressing issues people face every day as I deal with things regularly in my profession.

That said it is simply not good enough and totally unnecessary to even go there. They are paid for their educated opinions and share their vast experiences and knowledge on football.

Not there crass comments, uneducated and immature views on the details and processes of dilation, child birth and sexual misconduct.

The listeners don’t want to hear it. They tune in because of the footy and that’s what they should here. What the MMM broadcast team want to discuss in their own time is up to them and should be kept in private not on air.

Like many, I am scrutinised everyday for the things I say and do. I always try and be professional and am totally accountable for my actions. The media and ex-footy players need to realise that they need to be too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think I get what you are saying Harris 10.

I thought about my response carefully & honestly replied to your question. I am genuinely outraged and sickened by his comments.

I am not preparing a march, writing letters to the radio or tweeting an outrage storm.

I replied within the safety of a forum that I consider my online community because I thought it was important enough to put my hand-up to say honestly how it made me feel.

Fair enough.

It’s not worth my energy getting upset over what the bonehead says. If anything I’m more outraged about why the idiots keep employing this bloke and others like him.

Last edited:
Something can't be a sexual assault if it didn't happen.
You're completely missing the point. It's the fact that everyone laughed at a joke that describes a sexual assault. The lot of them should be sacked for allowing the conversation to start and continue.

There's free speech and then there is stuff that as a society we have say is unacceptable. This certainly crossed the line. Hiding behind the free speech line is bullocks.

You're completely missing the point. It's the fact that everyone laughed at a joke that describes a sexual assault. The lot of them should be sacked for allowing the conversation to start and continue.

There's free speech and then there is stuff that as a society we have say is unacceptable. This certainly crossed the line. Hiding behind the free speech line is bullocks.

It's a crass joke. Would you use government to censor such things?

I have max respect for you old timer, It's just that I have become hyper vigilant of the contemporary encroachment upon free speech.

I agree that society’s obsession with politically correct morale outrage is beyond a joke. To be honest, I am more concerned about the total lack of journalistic standards in this country that, ironically, produce both the moronic commentary of dimwits like Hall and the hysterical outrage that follows it.

Edit: Refer Bleeding heart Kate Seear (sic) above

I agree that society’s obsession with politically correct morale outrage is beyond a joke. To be honest, I am more concerned about the total lack of journalistic standards in this country that, ironically, produce both the moronic commentary of dimwits like Hall and the hysterical outrage that follows it.
And let Tyson Otto have a "dabble" in AFL like it's a high school project

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a crass joke. Would you use government to censor such things?
Of course not. MMM have set the standard that is acceptable by sacking Hall. Argument is that they could go further by giving the others some form of punishment. Should they all be sacked? Maybe. But I bet they get hauled over the coals by management.

Triple M did the 100% correct thing. They put him on show and made him look like a goose for eternity. This isn't some example of the decline of civilisation.

Montagne has form too...

Wasn't he the dude that let Milne 'slip in' on the girl he was seeing causing the rape case?

Also, wasn't he front and square in the dwarf burning incident too?

The only one that really escapes any recourse here I think is Barrett. He just laughed while the rest threw their 2 bob in...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Montagne has form too...

Wasn't he the dude that let Milne 'slip in' on the girl he was seeing causing the rape case?

Also, wasn't he front and square in the dwarf burning incident too?

The only one that really escapes any recourse here I think is Barrett. He just laughed while the rest threw their 2 bob in...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ordinary footballer and an ordinary bloke. The perfect pedigree for a role in the footy media.

Off topic, anyone know why we are f.t.a. on ch. 7 Sunday. Will be 4th game they have televised.

Because of bye or because * home game ?
Was going to listen to the wireless.

Article from Sarah Olle on Barry Hall. Did not blame Montagna once. Interesting...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Getting called the ‘f*** bitch’ whilst taking the footage is disgraceful, she does miss the point that taking your camera out to film things these days is fraught with risk regardless of gender or age etc given the willingness of Outlets to publish and more often than not without context. Once the footage is out it is impossible to get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back