Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldy on 360 opened with something along the lines of 'footy takes a backseat, we'd like the 4 points but that's not what the day is about'.

**** me sideways, we are a professional Football Club. Not professional fund raisers.

I hate hearing stuff like that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Is that seriously what he said!
If it is then listen up Goldilocks. The fans, who adore this footy club, believe every single game is front and centre and that 4 points is what is coveted every f%$#ing game.
When you retire a wealthy man, you can rattle the tins on flemington road and start up your own charity. Good for you.
But until then,
Win this bloody game of football. Put your bloody body on the line. Smash some packs so your teammates win the ball. Take some marks around the ground. Get some campaigner in ya. And feel the adrenalin and righteousness when we beat these bunch of gazumping drug cheating campaigners!
Nuff bloody said

Is that seriously what he said!
If it is then listen up Goldilocks. The fans, who adore this footy club, believe every single game is front and centre and that 4 points is what is coveted every f%$#ing game.
When you retire a wealthy man, you can rattle the tins on flemington road and start up your own charity. Good for you.
But until then,
Win this bloody game of football. Put your bloody body on the line. Smash some packs so your teammates win the ball. Take some marks around the ground. Get some campaigner in ya. And feel the adrenalin and righteousness when we beat these bunch of gazumping drug cheating campaigners!
Nuff bloody said
You'd hope the message coming from our club has the positive effect.
Being fortunate in having good health, good genetics and the dream opportunity of playing footy, ( can't think of a better aussie male dream life) that you will:
A
make the most of your opportunities and talents and play out of your skin

and not
B
there's more to life then footy and it's only a game

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Goldy on 360 opened with something along the lines of 'footy takes a backseat, we'd like the 4 points but that's not what the day is about'.

**** me sideways, we are a professional Football Club. Not professional fund raisers.

I hate hearing stuff like that.

What a great message Goldy sent.

Would you have preferred he said 4 points is more important than raising money for sick and dying children.

FFS, let’s get real.

Last edited:

Would you have preferred he said 4 points is more important than raising money for sick and dying children.

FFS, let’s get real.
Beat me to it. I think we can safely assume the boys will be going 100% without having to admit it. A massive crowd raising bucket loads of cash and awareness is a good thing for the kids / hospital and dare I say it ultimately North.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:
FMD the empty headed numpties are up and about this week. First floggard and now this campaigner.

Someone needs to call him out that vilifying minorities is similar to the being racist.

Are you racist Brian?

No.

Then why do you think that just because a club isn't as big they are less deserving of prime time exposure? It's the same as vilifying any minority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He reveals his truer self with comments like this.

He's more interested in how many people show up (ratings), rather than the contest itself, and it shows out in his infantile, vapid commentary.

FFS, let’s get real.
Beat me to it. I think we can safely assume the boys will be going 100% without having to admit it. A massive crowd raising bucket loads of cash and awareness is a good thing for the kids / hospital and dare I say it ultimately North.
No need to take it to the extreme. Everyone gets what Goldy is saying but he went about it the wrong way. He definitely should emphasis the importance of the game and the purpose (raising money etc.), however, he should have still placed importance on the game. For instance:

"the day is about x....it's important to highlight that...we've taken a lot of motivation from these young children...they're fighters, every one of them...and that is what we try to be at North Melbourne...always fighting, no matter what the odds are...that's what shinboner spirit is all about...so not only are we here to help these children, but they've been able to help us - by reinforcing to the playing group that you never give up when faced with adversity. So come, donate, and support these young brave children, and If we show 1% of the fight these children show everyday...well, *essendon won't stand a chance!"

He's more interested in how many people show up (ratings), rather than the contest itself, and it shows out in his infantile, vapid commentary.
Yep. He'll be soaking up all of the attention too when he comes dressed as a bunny rabbit. AFL - the only sport in the world that not only lets you ask stupid questions in a locker room and hold the mic while others interview players, but it'll also give you a segment with a cartoon mock-up and interview players basic on their thoughts on 'roaming Brian' :drunk:

Yep. He'll be soaking up all of the attention too when he comes dressed as a bunny rabbit. AFL - the only sport in the world that not only lets you ask stupid questions in a locker room and hold the mic while others interview players, but it'll also give you a segment with a cartoon mock-up and interview players basic on their thoughts on 'roaming Brian' :drunk:

Disneyfication: a term which describes the transformation of something, usually society at large, to resemble The Walt Disney Company's theme parks. The term appears in Andre Kehoe's book, "Christian Contradictions and the World Revolution": "This bogus culture imposed hour after hour on the people by the media is a serious interference with free thinking and therefore free action". The term is generally used in a negative way, and implies homogenization of consumption, merchandising, and emotional labor. It is used more broadly to describe the processes of stripping a real place or event of its original character and repackaging it in a sanitized format.

Why are we posting stories from an irrelevant public figure printed in a dying newspaper?

Headlines like that belong in 2007. The final laugh will be when the next broadcast rights shafts 7 because TV doest pay anymore and Netflix/Online streaming services are the go on top of the Herald Sun going into receivership. Why else did shitcampaigner Murdoch sell Fox Studios lol
Good times are a coming

I will miss hearing him quote our crowd size on Friday because I will be at the ground where all good posters who bitched and moaned about us getting Good Friday prior to 2017 should be!

You know I saw the headline and my heart sank. In a week that’s good for our club on the back of all the hard work that the club has done and then this. I don’t have any interest whatsoever in listening to him on the podcast or ever for that matter but I’m just so sick and tired of this horrible attitude. Yep let the big clubs just get bigger and let the small clubs just keep struggling. It’s beyond belief.

Biggest flog of all time
As soon as roaming Brian comes on that's when the tv gets turned off
You are the worst commentator of all time none cares what you have to say you goose
We should be having Heath declare a Fatwah on bwian and put a boycott on all North players talking to him until he makes a public apology about his insult to the club, players and supporters.

FFS, let’s get real.
Obviously nobody thinks football is more important than lives, but we are a Football Club. We're not a charity. Supporters don't follow clubs because of their philanthropy.

At the end of the day we exist to play and win football games. What our representatives should be doing is highlighting the importance of such causes without minimising the football or our desire to win.

Did Goldy mean differently and I'm overreacting? Possibly. But this minimisation seems to be creeping more and more into football and our club. I'm very proud of the causes our club supports and think we do a fantastic job off the field, but I'd trade the lot in a heartbeat for a premiership.

We should be having Heath declare a Fatwah on bwian and put a boycott on all North players talking to him until he makes a public apology about his insult to the club, players and supporters.

You know they're too "nice" down there these days to do anything like that.

They'll just release a video clip in 9 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back