Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I keep checking Twitter to see if someone at the club has the balls to pull the trigger.

It appears we have Varys in charge.
It think the suggestions on the Carlton game are on the money. No where to hide if we lose the next two.

A building like that deserves only to be refurbished to it's original glory imo.

The cretins took a chunk of the floor out(100 year old hardwood), destroyed a section of lath & plaster Inc. Rose for the arse ugly pod and put the living room in the basement lol They couldn't even look out of the ******* windows! Lol

It looked to be a mish mash of s**t they found at 2nd hand reno store with rooms fragmenting off one another. You got to see people's ankles from the basement windows in the living area...

It's the type of place their 'friends' would roll up too and then laugh their **** off to in the car on the way home.

"WTF were they thinking!"

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couldn't agree more, watched the episode. The pod was a total disaster, with the stainless steel mesh curtain. From a beautiful high ceiling'd open plan room they've created a disconnected, disjointed shambles where you spend most of your time going up and down stairs.. The architects got it so wrong. A nice big open plan NY style apartment was definitely the way to go. The only decent area was the courtyard, and the poor bugger still didn't get his vegetable or herb garden.

Does anyone else find this absolutely ridiculous. There are some jobs your can do remotely, bossing a footy club doesn't feel like one of them?

Kochy does it for Port. Eddie was living in Sydney while he ran 9. Of course, the difference with them is they are only in the job due to their media profile. BB doesn't have that going for him.

It think the suggestions on the Carlton game are on the money. No where to hide if we lose the next two.
The real question is why wait.

What would winning the next two games show?

We're so far away from anything. The one win we had was riddled with horrendous errors.

The last game we played have the players looked like the cbf being there.

What are we waiting for? More of the same? Which will prove what exactly?
A turn around? That's a million to 1.

Take account of our position right now.
Make hard decisions.
Change the narrative of the season to future focused.

If the pay out is an issue, seriously consider coming to the rank and file and asking them to front the cost. I'd suggest they'd do it in a heartbeat to move us forward.

You're right it would not achieve anything, but I worry about how 'simple' some of our supporters are. I was shocked at how many of us were up and about after that incredibly underwhelming, ugly win agienst Adelaide. If we win the next 2 games I garentee a percentage of our supporter base will 'forgive and forget' so to speak.

On hold on sen for 30 mins now,

Whateley stringing out the means test to spout positivity, and saying he will get to the losers soon.

Gonna put the kingy mckernan tweet in the limelight

At the end of the day he talked about all the players who are uncontested and reckons Scotts needs more time.

You're right it would not achieve anything, but I worry about how 'simple' some of our supporters are. I was shocked at how many of us were up and about after that incredibly underwhelming, ugly win agienst Adelaide. If we win the next 2 games I garentee a percentage of our supporter base will 'forgive and forget' so to speak.

As soon as we were completely undone in round 1 we were cooked.

Everything from here is a bland monstrosity of vanilla sameness.

There is no lever left for Brad to pull to alter where we're going. The board need to pull the levers at their disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? More time? You've got to be f****** joking!

His final summation was that you can’t just sack Scott on outrage.

And that we need to see a response and quickly.

Liked that he sized up Joyce, and said the game plan is shithouse and that’s on scott.

Didn’t rate that he potted three new blokes without having any aim at the fixed mainstays that are s**t

We're so far away from anything. The one win we had was riddled with horrendous errors.

The last game we played have the players looked like the cbf being there.

What are we waiting for? More of the same? Which will prove what exactly?
A turn around? That's a million to 1.

Take account of our position right now.
Make hard decisions.
Change the narrative of the season to future focused.

If the pay out is an issue, seriously consider coming to the rank and file and asking them to front the cost. I'd suggest they'd do it in a heartbeat to move us forward.
You need to prepare for a coup. Sure, some things might be happening behind the scenes, but you are dreaming if you think something is going to happen this week.

You need to prepare for a coup. Sure, some things might be happening behind the scenes, but you are dreaming if you think something is going to happen this week.
Point being the current admin would. Likely avoid a coup by taking action right now.

Does anyone else find this absolutely ridiculous. There are some jobs your can do remotely, bossing a footy club doesn't feel like one of them?

The chairman doesn't run the club, that's the job of the CEO - or managing director, in our case.

There's actually a strong argument to suggest you don't want the chairman there on a day to day basis. The board's job is to set the strategy, appoint the key people and make sure they are accountable.

But it's now the time for the chairman and board to act.

The chairman doesn't run the club, that's the job of the CEO - or managing director, in our case.

There's actually a strong argument to suggest you don't want the chairman there on a day to day basis. The board's job is to set the strategy, appoint the key people and make sure they are accountable.

Exactly, nobody had an issue with it until now.
But like you said we need some action now.

The reasons the chairman lives where he does include the fact his business and kids, including two younguns, are there. He attends all games Aus wide at his own expense and all board meetings in Melbourne while remaining in constant dialogue with Carl, Bard and co, plus his fellow board members. I suspect his phone would be running hot since Good(ness gracious me we’re crap) Friday.

Last edited:
My spidey senses tingled at this and it felt like he was just saying this to be a little balanced in his view. For me, it seemed like Kingy feels similar sentiments to most of us.

Well then he needs to put his shinboner hat on and not be a pea heart by trying not to hurt peoples feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back