Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGuane’s a bit more then that though. He’s got a great footy brain. He’s often on the radio providing analysis. Can’t believe he hasn’t been given a full time gig either in the afl coaching ranks or media.

Maybe he doesn’t kiss enough backsides?
He doesn’t want an AFL gig.

Believe me if he did want it and fully committed to it, he would have clubs jumping all over him. His footy brain is second to none and success seems to follow him.

Perhaps it is long standing rumours of bad habits

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He has acknowledged that coaching at AFL level isn’t for him, he loves a punt and a beer too much.

But in saying that, it doesn’t mean he isn’t a great footy brain. Coaching at AFL level isn’t for everyone, the demands on the individual and their family can be overwhelming.

Pretty sure he has said previously he much prefers working with amateur players and doesn't have interest in the professional ranks.

Believe me if he did want it and fully committed to it, he would have clubs jumping all over him. His footy brain is second to none and success seems to follow him.

That’s a shame

So, we’ll never know whether he’d be good or a bust.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone heard Brenton Speed commentating ? I watch a fair bit of nrl as well and amazed at his knowledge of both codes . He just calls it like it is without all the bulkshit tripe that others come out with
He’s brilliant.

Has anyone heard Brenton Speed commentating ? I watch a fair bit of nrl as well and amazed at his knowledge of both codes . He just calls it like it is without all the bulkshit tripe that others come out with
Yes he is one of the best commentators.

I wonder how George Gregan would go at commentating. He was seriously good at refereeing whilst he played :)

Well said CM.
I agree but Turner should be delisted. He is in a creative position and he is not creative. He can't kick and is not a goal threat. He should be told that he is playing VFL unless there are injuries. These kissed on the d*** players drive me nuts!

When things are not working you change them?

(A) yes
(B) no, back them in

If you can drop Ahern and Simpkin you can drop Turner. The messaging has been all wrong. You can rotate positions as Ziebell taking Higgins spot shows.

I want a more creative team with more options forward, creating more space, with footballers who have skills and sometimes make the coach reassess their presumptions.

Does the A-League and some soccer internationals as well. He’s one of the only well researched professional sports commentators remaining who isn’t displaying bias and talking a game down. Originally from Gippsland but has been living in NSW for years and has a complete understanding of multiple sports as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back