Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last weeks performance showed people employed by the club don’t even care so I wouldn’t be expecting people outside the club to care.
Yeah but who cares about any team except their own? I know I don't.
Well he’s right. What reason would anyone have to care? If you can weather a first quarter you can beat us easily. We suck

Agree with all that and I’m glad someone finally come after us.

BUT he was going down the North are irrelevant path. I hate when the campaigners in the media start calling us irrelevant. Do they do that to other clubs? No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with all that and I’m glad someone finally come after us.

BUT he was going down the North are irrelevant path. I hate when the campaigners in the media start calling us irrelevant. Do they do that to other clubs? No.
At the moment we are the absolute textbook definition of irrelevant.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn’t Sheahan a Melbourne supporter? I would have thought they are just as irrelevant.
To be fair, the comparison was just with Carlton. And also to be honest, most of us have found it a bit frustrating that each awful North loss this year has concided with a big club being hopeless and attracting all the media attention.

Interesting that Sheahan has come out with this the week that - despite Carlton's weekend - voices are growing in the the media saying that Scott should be and is actually now under pressure and even (Tom Browne so who knows) likely to be elsewhere for next season. Are they running as a pack based on the sniff of a real story? or just because they are generally lazy and that's how they operate?

This seasons performance aside our biggest obstacle to being relevant is when we have been “good” largely we’ve really been ok . You saw it when we went on that winning streak for a while, even the saints got exposure when they started the season well. The lower profile clubs have to win to be relevant (at least in the way we want), it’s just the nature of the beast. I’d argue a large part of Carlton/Melbournes relevance is that they have been appallingly bad for such a period of time, yes Carlton have had a history of flags but since the comp went national, there only period of dominance was aided by the brown paper bag

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also mentioned north has been in front the least of all teams at 30%.
Won only 12 quarters of football.
I’m also glad he bought the sledgehammer but pissed me off saying no ones cares .dont like that mr Sheehan.

Yeah, but if we kicked the first 20 goals every game people would be talking about all the positives. - Brad Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back