Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassed by our club’s supporters.
My partner and her mum were in the Vic Park crowd the day Nicky Winmar raised his jumper. I guess this feels somewhat similar.

Spent that miserable day in our cheer squad, me and a friend, getting into arguments as we tried to remind people Jack had asked for no booing and it was a s**t way to represent our club. Even tried to drown them out cheering Goodes and I bloody hate the Swans. Felt so helpless and disappointed and embarrassed. Never been back in the cheer squad since, quit my membership. I might not have been able to stop them but at least I could stop offering them any kind of support.

I’ll bet most of them are still feeling pretty satisfied with their behaviour. On the day they were like kids who felt they’d been given permission to be naughty. Which of course they were, thanks to a bunch of media troglodytes.

I thought of you during the Sam Newman clips.

How simple life must be when you can fit everything in to some canned cliche.

I doubt you have exhibited an independent thought in a decade.

IF - I don't keep concocting talking points that have the potential to sow discord amongst a fanbase...

THEN - I'll be writing player profiles in the footy record within a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The snipes about Archer offering jobs willy nilly and upsetting other clubs have been around for a while, not just from Barrett. Would be interested to know more details as the allegations are very broad. Time for some facts or STFU.

Jimmy Krakouer had the capacity to light up Subiaco Oval like few others. Now he is bringing WA’s former home of football down.
With hard hat and high-vis outfit, Krakouer is part of the deconstruction team tearing Subiaco Oval apart in much different fashion than he did as a highly-skilled rover alongside younger brother Phil.

My partner and her mum were in the Vic Park crowd the day Nicky Winmar raised his jumper. I guess this feels somewhat similar.

Spent that miserable day in our cheer squad, me and a friend, getting into arguments as we tried to remind people Jack had asked for no booing and it was a s**t way to represent our club. Even tried to drown them out cheering Goodes and I bloody hate the Swans. Felt so helpless and disappointed and embarrassed. Never been back in the cheer squad since, quit my membership. I might not have been able to stop them but at least I could stop offering them any kind of support.

I’ll bet most of them are still feeling pretty satisfied with their behaviour. On the day they were like kids who felt they’d been given permission to be naughty. Which of course they were, thanks to a bunch of media troglodytes.

Like all clubs, we have a lot of boofheads (Robbo's apt term) who went with the "you can't tell moi what to do!" defence. Not overtly or proudly racist, just that casual racist who isn't quite smart enough to realise it. But it's a strange time when the perpetrators of racism are acting more offended at being called out for racism than the targets of their racism. In other words, it's worse to be called a racist than it is to have racist slurs thrown at you. Apparently.

Like all clubs, we have a lot of boofheads (Robbo's apt term) who went with the "you can't tell moi what to do!" defence. Not overtly or proudly racist, just that casual racist who isn't quite smart enough to realise it. But it's a strange time when the perpetrators of racism are acting more offended at being called out for racism than the targets of their racism. In other words, it's worse to be called a racist than it is to have racist slurs thrown at you. Apparently.

Be careful.

Your perceived "depth" might just turn out to be a pompous delusion.

... and what a great job our Rhyce is doing. What’s more, he appears to be enjoying the whole ride. I have never seen a coach so relaxed in the face of a constant barrage of “tricky” questions, designed to trip him up. He’s loving it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

K.I.S.S.

Give those vampires NOTHING.

May it never change.

I hope one day someone has the fortitude to turn the Krakouer story into a Documentary
Brother Boys by Sean Gorman is a tremendous read about the Krakouer's.

image.jpg

"Do my biceps look fat in this?"

Be careful.

Your perceived "depth" might just turn out to be a pompous delusion.

Yeah, nah, pretty sure I'm bang on the money on this one. I think you know I am too. The whole issue was just dumb-arsery of the highest order and no-one came out of it looking particularly clever. Frankly, I have more respect for open racists than the idiots booing just because they were asked not to.

Yeah, nah, pretty sure I'm bang on the money on this one. I think you know I am too. The whole issue was just dumb-arsery of the highest order and no-one came out of it looking particularly clever. Frankly, I have more respect for open racists than the idiots booing just because they were asked not to.

I'll put my hand up and state that I haven't seen this "doco" yet, but if it runs parralell with what has come before it, then's its predominately propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back