Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there is the risk of giving oxygen to him, the club should decline Barrett taking out membership from 2020 onwards.

He's basically been operating as a PR virus in terms of North Melbourne's brand this year, it's about time he was cut free to enjoy his own negativity without having the ability to pull any high moral ground on the club.

I really like this idea. All of us who know people inside the club should suggest it.

It's not just this year that he's been a PR virus against us, it's been a few years now. I recall that he was stirring s**t over Boomer and Wells when they were with us (when he was being fed info).

I really like this idea. All of us who know people inside the club should suggest it.

It's not just this year that he's been a PR virus against us, it's been a few years now. I recall that he was stirring s**t over Boomer and Wells when they were with us (when he was being fed info).

Back home members of the 'cheer squad' would set his car on fire and have some heavies threaten to kidnap his family.

Tends to work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's done innit mate?

What more could be stated now?

I think there's much to be discussed about why we accepted such levels of mediocrity and how his science based program left us unfit and poorly skilled. And how much can we improve with a decent system in place. And why the * we're paying him out 400K if he can't find work, and he's not really looking...

But ya probably right.

I think there's much to be discussed about why we accepted such levels of mediocrity and how his science based program left us unfit and poorly skilled. And how much can we improve with a decent system in place. And why the fu** we're paying him out 400K if he can't find work, and he's not really looking...

But ya probably right.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sunday footy show Nth. v Melb.

75 secs on the game then Damo trade talk re Mase & Higgo. Total 120 secs.

I often wonder whether our media coverage is designed to facilitate a long term weakening of the club.

Could well be time for the club to invest more money in its media department to be able to produce a lot more content. Cost-cutting and laziness has, as we have all seen, had a big effect on the quality of sports journalism. Clearly we're not a big club and the media won't rush to watch us change a lightbulb, unlike with Collingwood, but if we can produce a greater amount and range of content then the same sheer laziness would probably see them use said content. Failing that just run a shitload of clickbait stories with misleading headings and photos of Lachie Hansen up a tree.

I often wonder whether our media coverage is designed to facilitate a long term weakening of the club.
Maybe our own media team do a pretty average job as well. Unfortunately even though general stream media are predominantly flogs, we do pay a penalty for not engaging.

I agree.

I wish we had a strong personality in the club to call out all the bulls**te.
Yeah our "never wrestle with a pig" approach doesn't work when the entire AFL is already full of mud and s**t. The problem is if you call out the boys club you're no longer in it or protected by it. Well all know that if you play nice with the AFL you have a job for life. Even perennial *-ups like Fevola are continually welcomed back to suckle at the AFL's tit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back