Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Thought it was pretty accurate. Our draftees for the most part have been flops. Certainly not helped by what I see as poor development.
Nah too many negatives. Didn’t state any positives .. a lot of our draftees have done good when given a go . Under Scott though they were shelved ..

Really I thought it was quite a s**t article we had heaps of injuries and some to our younger player . Eg scott EVW . Any way crap article ..
Injuries to Scott and EVW were the issue that derailed our year :rolleyes:....good to know as this is an easy fix then.

I thought it was something more serious than that - you know drafting, coaching, development....but NO - injuries to Bailey and VDub were the issue. Could have really kept Scott and his team then. Why did we bother going through all these expensive changes...

Injuries to Scott and EVW were the issue that derailed our year :rolleyes:....good to know as this is an easy fix then.

I thought it was something more serious than that - you know drafting, coaching, development....but NO - injuries to Bailey and VDub were the issue. Could have really kept Scott and his team then. Why did we bother going through all these expensive changes...
No he mentioned the team was the 6th oldest in the league. Add those 2 and the age average comes down I never said it derailed our season you’re just speaking out of your arse .. i wanted Scott gone 6 years ago . He never played the young guys enough. So stop talking s**t ..

North Melbourne

If the Roos blinked on Goldstein's initial contract offer ...
then they'll probably blink on first thoughts on Higgins. Still don't know who is making these calls, given they keep telling us the footy department boss won't be starting until December 1.

North Melbourne

Ifthe Roos blinked on Goldstein's initial contract offer ...
thenthey'll probably blink on first thoughts on Higgins. Still don't know who is making these calls, given they keep telling us the footy department boss won't be starting until December 1.

This article is the single worst regular piece of football communications.

poorly written 90% of the time with a stunning inability to link two thoughts together - appalling!

Add to that a clear agenda to challenge/embarrass/ undermine/ discredit North - get lost

not sure why we even share it on here tbh.

This article is the single worst regular piece of football communications.

poorly written 90% of the time with a stunning inability to link two thoughts together - appalling!

Add to that a clear agenda to challenge/embarrass/ undermine/ discredit North - get lost

not sure why we even share it on here tbh.
BF 'media watch.' "WLB" is the current focus.

North Melbourne

Ifthe Roos blinked on Goldstein's initial contract offer ...
thenthey'll probably blink on first thoughts on Higgins. Still don't know who is making these calls, given they keep telling us the footy department boss won't be starting until December 1.

VS

Carlton

If the Blues missed on Coniglio ...
then they had to go a little higher on Martin. Well played.

Damo just cant say anything positive about us

Little ****** swine, cannot wait until this piece of **** is off the media for good

Well played???? WTF?? His petulance is now affecting his judgement.

The only justification for this is he's now trying to win over Carlton supporters because he realises everyone else has only contempt for him.

Sucked in, only some Carlton supporters are as shallow as you, Damo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard an interesting story about our Nick Larkey and Cameron Zurhaar that took place last night. A video is out there that i hope isn't leaked. Its quite humorous. But its also not. Delistee Dec Watson also involved i believe.

Heard an interesting story about our Nick Larkey and Cameron Zurhaar that took place last night. A video is out there that i hope isn't leaked. Its quite humorous. But its also not. Delistee Dec Watson also involved i believe.
Boris kind of not funny?
Jack Watts kind of not funny?
Could it all get blamed on the delisted housemate if it did come out?

Jabba in trouble for ticket gouging again. Flogging off tix to the birdcage over the cup carnival.

Seriously who would want to go to the Crocmedia Marquee anyway, let alone pay $2200 for the privilege? You'd have to hang out with choads like jabba and Barrett.

Crocmedia in strife over Birdcage ticket gouge

Jabba in trouble for ticket gouging again. Flogging off tix to the birdcage over the cup carnival.

Seriously who would want to go to the Crocmedia Marquee anyway, let alone pay $2200 for the privilege? You'd have to hang out with choads like jabba and Barrett.

Crocmedia in strife over Birdcage ticket gouge

I don't suppose it's an actual birdcage and you're paying to see the two of them locked in? Because if so then tickets are on me.

Mark Brayshaw could be our next CEO I’ve heard

I hope our CEO replacement process is more exhaustive than our coach replacement process. I was against Dilena being a board member and CEO at the same time as you need the CEO to be a visionary of where the organisation is going to be in the future and he has developed a strategic plan on how to get the organisation there. It is very rare to have such a gifted CEO that can perform both the roles of CEO and a board member and despite us enjoying a period of financial stability, the only real grass roots building that has occurred is that which has been undertaken as part of the future fund involvement with the AFL, we have shown a lack of initiative on our own.

I am not sure MB would be any better in the area of leadership, Buckley has seemed to have taken a back seat being based in NSW and has only got his hands dirty recently (I could be wrong on that part), but I don't think leadership has been our strong suit.

Our long-term aim should be to have 100k members with half of them being full 11 home game memberships, we need to ensure demand far exceeds supply and that we have the capacity to fill Docklands if it is to be our home indefinitely. Anyone who puts their hand up to lead the club must have an exit strategy for Tasmania in the near future as they want their own team and must have a grass roots strategy to build the supporter base taking advantage of what we have learned from our work with Wyndham.

We do not really need any risky moves or radical steps, we just need good leadership that can take what has worked and what hasn't from our recent developments and put together and fund a strategy that will take advantage of the significant migration to Victoria expected over the next 40-50 years.

I hope our CEO replacement process is more exhaustive than our coach replacement process. I was against Dilena being a board member and CEO at the same time as you need the CEO to be a visionary of where the organisation is going to be in the future and he has developed a strategic plan on how to get the organisation there. It is very rare to have such a gifted CEO that can perform both the roles of CEO and a board member and despite us enjoying a period of financial stability, the only real grass roots building that has occurred is that which has been undertaken as part of the future fund involvement with the AFL, we have shown a lack of initiative on our own.

I am not sure MB would be any better in the area of leadership, Buckley has seemed to have taken a back seat being based in NSW and has only got his hands dirty recently (I could be wrong on that part), but I don't think leadership has been our strong suit.

Our long-term aim should be to have 100k members with half of them being full 11 home game memberships, we need to ensure demand far exceeds supply and that we have the capacity to fill Docklands if it is to be our home indefinitely. Anyone who puts their hand up to lead the club must have an exit strategy for Tasmania in the near future as they want their own team and must have a grass roots strategy to build the supporter base taking advantage of what we have learned from our work with Wyndham.

We do not really need any risky moves or radical steps, we just need good leadership that can take what has worked and what hasn't from our recent developments and put together and fund a strategy that will take advantage of the significant migration to Victoria expected over the next 40-50 years.
I take it you didn't want Shaw.

I take it you didn't want Shaw.

I don't really have an opinion on Shaw. I don't think there is any way to know if a coach is going to be able to execute, but there have been a number of high profile candidates in the waiting who we didn't even talk to which I find surprising. it has a similar feel to the appointment of Scott which while wasn't a horrible choice it was a choice made through a lack of professionalism. You should at least give a chance for all interested candidates to give a presentation. You might still go with the person you liked in the first interview but I don't think we were in a position where we needed to rush to a decision.

Shaw might become a great coach and if he starts to get results and particularly addresses our weaknesses I am all for giving him more time, but feel we only gave him 2 years so his contract would expire the same time as Clarkson and if he doesn't s**t out a golden egg in 2 years then he is going to get the chop regardless if he is going to be the best coach in the AFL in 10 years time.

lol we called 3 guys who were contracted beyond this year and only interviewed the one guy we gave the job to a week later and claimed it was an exhaustive process. I've seen more rigorous recruitment for janitors.

I don't know much about the future fund but surely Carl's contribution to grass roots should be applauded;
  • eliminated our debt
  • Record membership levels
  • Upgrade to Arden St facilities to a world class training facility
  • Upgrade to Arden Street ground to VFL/WVFL lvl including lighting
  • Introduction of VFL stand alone team
  • Introduction of VFLW/AFLW teams
  • Home games at Arden St for all three teams
  • Proposal to redevelop and double the size of Arden St home - https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2017-05-09/norths-bold-plan
I'm not certain what your definition of grass roots building is but I think Carl has done an amazing job and having been to most VFL games and become an AFLW North member - I am more engaged than any time in the last 20 years

lol we called 3 guys who were contracted beyond this year and only interviewed the one guy we gave the job to a week later and claimed it was an exhaustive process. I've seen more rigorous recruitment for janitors.

Do we really know?? Do we know what was done? I hope its not about taking Caro's word for it?

I don't trust the media at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back