Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bag Daisy in this process? Couldn't she replace Brian or Ling?

Daisy stays on topic and avoids the hyperbole and bullshit of her colleagues.

Last time I checked there wasn't a maximum quota on females per coverage team.
There was one televised game in particular in which Daisy impressed me by explaining an occurrence on the field that couldn't be identified by the viewer due to camera angels. I also can't recall her injecting talk of her own playing career into the commentary.

There was one televised game in particular in which Daisy impressed me by explaining an occurrence on the field that couldn't be identified by the viewer due to camera angels. I also can't recall her injecting talk of her own playing career into the commentary.
Hmm those camera angels they can be a bit tricksy

Strongly agree KC, Daisy is great. Refreshing to not have the ego driven nonsense flat stick every broadcast

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The great thing about Daisy, apart from the fact she has a really good tactical knowledge and feel for the game, is that she doesn't buy into all the forced, inside-jokey banter with the likes of BT etc.

I think the night we played Hawthorn was her first game back after having her twins and all BT and the boys wanted to ask her about was whether her husband was doing the baby sitting, with the clear implication that he'd probably stuff it up as, nudge nudge wink wink, it's not really bloke's work. She just played a straight bat and made them look like the bunch of out of touch, peurile creeps that they are.

The great thing about Daisy, apart from the fact she has a really good tactical knowledge and feel for the game, is that she doesn't buy into all the forced, inside-jokey banter with the likes of BT etc.

I think the night we played Hawthorn was her first game back after having her twins and all BT and the boys wanted to ask her about was whether her husband was doing the baby sitting, with the clear implication that he'd probably stuff it up as, nudge nudge wink wink, it's not really bloke's work. She just played a straight bat and made them look like the bunch of out of touch, peurile creeps that they are.

Does this mean Trent Cotchin minding his own children wasn't humanity's greatest achievement since the wheel?

Melbourne radio station Macquarie Sports Radio to close
Scott Gullan and Brianna Travers, Herald Sun
October 29, 2019 4:20pm

Subscriber only
Macquarie Sports Radio has gone under after just 18 months.
Staff were told this morning that the station would be winding up after failing to find its mark in the tough local radio market.
The Herald Sun understands the station will finish up on Friday.
Embarrassingly, the station announced yesterday AFL hall of fame legend Kevin Bartlett was joining the station.
Bartlett, who parted ways with SEN three months earlier, was to return to the airwaves with David Schwarz and Mark Allen for the spring carnival.

Schwarz and Allen, who are no strangers to being turfed, remained tight-lipped but acknowledged the disappointing news on-air on Tuesday afternoon, saying it’s “how the cookie crumbles”.
All staff have been advised of a meeting on Wednesday morning, to be held at 8.30am with Macquarie Media’s executive chairman Russell Tate.
The internal email, issued to all Victorian staff said: “Please make yourselves available.”
The company had tried everything to improve ratings, broadcasting a range of sports including international cricket, AFL and rugby league, but it failed to raise the numbers.

Former SEN stars Schwarz and Allen were the big name recruits for the drive program when Macquarie Media launched the station with much fanfare in April last year.
The station chopped and changed with its talent a lot as it struggled to gain traction with the Melbourne-based breakfast show dumped.
Geelong champion Jimmy Bartel, Collingwood premiership captain Tony Shaw and Tony Leonard were the original breakfast line-up.
It was replaced by the network’s Sydney outfit with Bartel kept on to add the local Melbourne content.

Other sports stars to feature on the station include Darren Lehmann, Ian Chapell and Andrew Gaze.
The station was among several caught up in an “illegal” broadcast drama with Indian company Sports Flashes during the cricket World Cup.
After learning the Sports Flashes commentary did not comply with its rights deal with ICC, Macquarie Sports replaced the feed with coverage from Melbourne led by Lehmann and Darren Berry.
In August Macquarie announced it had secured the EPL broadcast rights for three years.

There has been no announcement from management about whether it will relaunch the station.

Russell Tate, Macquarie Media Limited chairman, confirmed the news in a statement.
“Macquarie Media Limited today announced that development of its Macquarie Sports Radio stations in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane will be paused and reviewed over the summer months and that the current schedule of sport talk programs will cease as of 11pm, Friday 1 November.
“Over the coming months, Macquarie Sports Radio will continue live sport broadcasts including all scheduled Test Match, BBL, One-Day Internationals & International T20 Cricket matches as well as its English Premier League coverage. The stations will draw an increased amount of content from local and international partners, including Macquarie Media’s News Talk stations and Nine, and will continue to access Macquarie National News services for constantly updated sporting news.”

Melbourne radio station Macquarie Sports Radio to close
Scott Gullan and Brianna Travers, Herald Sun
October 29, 2019 4:20pm

Subscriber only
Macquarie Sports Radio has gone under after just 18 months.
Staff were told this morning that the station would be winding up after failing to find its mark in the tough local radio market.
The Herald Sun understands the station will finish up on Friday.
Embarrassingly, the station announced yesterday AFL hall of fame legend Kevin Bartlett was joining the station.
Bartlett, who parted ways with SEN three months earlier, was to return to the airwaves with David Schwarz and Mark Allen for the spring carnival.

Schwarz and Allen, who are no strangers to being turfed, remained tight-lipped but acknowledged the disappointing news on-air on Tuesday afternoon, saying it’s “how the cookie crumbles”.
All staff have been advised of a meeting on Wednesday morning, to be held at 8.30am with Macquarie Media’s executive chairman Russell Tate.
The internal email, issued to all Victorian staff said: “Please make yourselves available.”
The company had tried everything to improve ratings, broadcasting a range of sports including international cricket, AFL and rugby league, but it failed to raise the numbers.

Former SEN stars Schwarz and Allen were the big name recruits for the drive program when Macquarie Media launched the station with much fanfare in April last year.
The station chopped and changed with its talent a lot as it struggled to gain traction with the Melbourne-based breakfast show dumped.
Geelong champion Jimmy Bartel, Collingwood premiership captain Tony Shaw and Tony Leonard were the original breakfast line-up.
It was replaced by the network’s Sydney outfit with Bartel kept on to add the local Melbourne content.

Other sports stars to feature on the station include Darren Lehmann, Ian Chapell and Andrew Gaze.
The station was among several caught up in an “illegal” broadcast drama with Indian company Sports Flashes during the cricket World Cup.
After learning the Sports Flashes commentary did not comply with its rights deal with ICC, Macquarie Sports replaced the feed with coverage from Melbourne led by Lehmann and Darren Berry.
In August Macquarie announced it had secured the EPL broadcast rights for three years.

There has been no announcement from management about whether it will relaunch the station.

Russell Tate, Macquarie Media Limited chairman, confirmed the news in a statement.
“Macquarie Media Limited today announced that development of its Macquarie Sports Radio stations in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane will be paused and reviewed over the summer months and that the current schedule of sport talk programs will cease as of 11pm, Friday 1 November.
“Over the coming months, Macquarie Sports Radio will continue live sport broadcasts including all scheduled Test Match, BBL, One-Day Internationals & International T20 Cricket matches as well as its English Premier League coverage. The stations will draw an increased amount of content from local and international partners, including Macquarie Media’s News Talk stations and Nine, and will continue to access Macquarie National News services for constantly updated sporting news.”

Ta kt. Geezus. I enjoyed flicking between that and SEN when either spoke about crap I don’t care about.

Ta kt. Geezus. I enjoyed flicking between that and SEN when either spoke about crap I don’t care about.
When all you have in SA is 5AA there is no flicking! I listen via the apps and it’s hard to flick. And I find listening to Radar rather difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why bag Daisy in this process? Couldn't she replace Brian or Ling?

Daisy stays on topic and avoids the hyperbole and bullshit of her colleagues.

Last time I checked there wasn't a maximum quota on females per coverage team.

She was off the boil during this years Finals with an inability to tell the viewer wat was happening re Injuries

Macquarie Media has just been taken over by Nine. Suspect they are all over the shop in there at the minute. Lots of changes.
Yep. All the real decisions being made in Sydney. Doesn't auger well for Melbourne radio. There are some very experienced radio folk who are very nervous and unsettled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back