Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree re Caro. As much as I dislike her North hatred she is actually a nice enough person in real life. Have worked with her (indirectly) at one stage of my career and she was fine. Don't know Whateley, and Eddie is another bloke who is very good to work with. Only done a few events with Eddie over the years but always a very generous bloke to perform with.
Of the above, GW has the poorest rep from 2nd-hand stories I've received.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caro Whateley and Waleed

The reasons being the first two are flogs on and away from the camera.

Waleed I find just cant shake the pompous I went to Wesley college persona.

Molloy apparently isn’t too bad away from the camera and Eddie grew up in Broadmeadows in the same vain.

Oh Waleed has a tremendous sense of his own importance in the world.

Don't agree re Caro. As much as I dislike her North hatred she is actually a nice enough person in real life. Have worked with her (indirectly) at one stage of my career and she was fine. Don't know Whateley, and Eddie is another bloke who is very good to work with. Only done a few events with Eddie over the years but always a very generous bloke to perform with.

Caro - untrue

Eddie - true

From ESPN

can you smell the stink. we all know its coming - but this is the most overt reference i have seen to date.

MW: There's a lot of chatter about Tasmania getting its own team in coming years, and we know the financial windfall the Roos get for their games in Hobart, so how does North begin to safeguard its future if these games dry up? Remember, they also (nobly) don't rely on pokies.

Watch the population of media vultures circling North increase as the Tasmanian push gets legs.

From ESPN

can you smell the stink. we all know its coming - but this is the most overt reference i have seen to date.

MW: There's a lot of chatter about Tasmania getting its own team in coming years, and we know the financial windfall the Roos get for their games in Hobart, so how does North begin to safeguard its future if these games dry up? Remember, they also (nobly) don't rely on pokies.

Watch the population of media vultures circling North increase as the Tasmanian push gets legs.

Hence seeking a CEO with a hard arse commercial background not so much a footy background.

Makes sense.

From ESPN

I couldn't get past the fact the writer's name is Niall Seewang.

From ESPN

0% surprising in any of that mate. We keep vultures in careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh Waleed has a tremendous sense of his own importance in the world.
Yep.
That’s my gripe with him.

Then there’s bogan Australia who can’t stand that he’s an educated brown man.
And FR Australia who can’t stand that he’s a wealthy brown man.

Yep.
That’s my gripe with him.

Then there’s bogan Australia who can’t stand that he’s an educated brown man.
And FR Australia who can’t stand that he’s a wealthy brown man.

1572608417467.png

He's actually quite a good presenter on both radio and TV. Except his one burning desire is to be the smartest guy in the conversation.
He doesn’t take the piss out of himself to become more likable.

But his intelligence gets attacked continually and it shows such a shallow shortcoming from his detractors.

He’s an uptight Richmond supporter.

His skin color, smarts and religion are irrelevant.

But his intelligence gets attacked continually and it shows such a shallow shortcoming from his detractors.

Why do you rate him as specifically intelligent?

IMO, he's downright generic.

Profile of the Sociopath
  • Glibness and Superficial Charm.
  • Manipulative and Conning. They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
  • Grandiose Sense of Self.
  • Pathological Lying.
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt.
  • Shallow Emotions.
  • Incapacity for Love.
  • Need for Stimulation.
Sound familiar?

Medication run out?
Posts becoming more and more delusional by the day. Hope someone close is watching over you.

What does being female have to do with anything?

I have no particular like or dislike for Meadows as a media performer, when she is weighed up against her peers.

Contemporary AFL media people predominately consists of scripted, sterilised zombies, exhibiting very little in the way of any individual analytical point of difference, and Meadows certainly sits amongst the ranks of that lot.

As I have stated already, I have no issue with her getting the flick, what I do question is how 20 other plastic automatons didn't get the flick with her.

Taking the specific gender issue out of the equation the baffling thing is that it means fox can no longer boast of having the best X while also depriving the competition of it. Just seems a bizarre move from a marketing point of view. I simply have to assume she wanted more than they thought she was worth.

Then when you consider the gender aspect it becomes more baffling, because firstly the talent pool is so small, secondly they typically have much different personalities and approaches than the stereotypical ex-AFL player or egotistical male MSM hack which is a refreshing change for many, and thirdly because there will be some number of viewers who will see it solely as Fox axing an already under represented demographic in favour of 'the most privileged' demographics and then throw a tanty and potentially stop using some services.

It's all just a bit odd tbh. Bit of a 'watch this space' event.

And while I don't personally care too much about her being female, it does irk me that they're backing in the same old cliche and ego driven frauds that they have for decades. Different isn't always good. but in this case her approach to her job and personality was a nice change of flavour in a stale product that is well past it's best-before date. I don't even really rate her super highly as a presenter overall, it's more a case of her male contemporaries and the tactics of the media/broadcast companies being ******* awful, seemingly as a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back