Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article is by Chris Pelchen...........

Pelchen is in competition with Buckenara & Wallace for the title of the biggest AFL impostor of contemporary times.

BloodyFoxtel. Looking to see the highlights of last nights game.

Saw the replay of the NRL all stars game four times, not a mention of the game.

Bloody troglodytes, you are the broadcaster and well.....

You can stream the whole match or just the highlights from AFL.com

Every AFL list rated, and premiers West Coast are seventh
From https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...s-west-coast-are-seventh-20190215-p50y21.html

Our spiel:
11. NORTH MELBOURNE

North Melbourne were one of the surprises of 2018 – they threatened to play finals for much of the season, only falling short at the final hurdle. Their improved performance came from a balanced and even spread of talent. While there's no doubting the star quality of Jack Ziebell, Shaun Higgins, Ben Brown and Ben Cunnington, it was the continued development of players such as Trent Dumont, Jed Anderson, Jye Simpkin and Luke Davies-Uniacke which provided hope for the future. The arrival of mature-age recruits in Jared Polec, Jasper Pittard, Aaron Hall and Dom Tyson will provide greater depth and flexibility through the midfield although more attacking options are needed with the retirement of Jarrad Waite. The Kangaroos still have some way to go but they have reversed their reliance on only a handful of players and will offer stern resistance.
Movement from 2018 rankings: up seven spots (18th)
Three-year projected list ranking (2022): 15th

The article is by Chris Pelchen, and his 8 are, in order: Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood, Adelaide, GWS, Essendon, West Coast and Hawthorn.
“I got North completely wrong last year. So this year, with the improvements to the list, I have moved them up three spots from the wrong place I had them last time.”

We will be continually underrated by media. We could win the flag and be underrated the following year. And so it goes.

We will be continually underrated by media. We could win the flag and be underrated the following year. And so it goes.

Been that way for 150 years.

I actually burst out laughing at that Pelican guff.

Did you check out his 3 year predictions?

2022 ladder

Melbourne - (Garlett, Hibberd, Jetta, Jones, Lewis retired) - maybe
GWS - Okay
Collingwood - (Beams, Dunn, Goldsak, Pendlebury, Mayne Reid, Varcoe & Wells retired) - Doubtful
the scum (Bellchambers 33, Hooker 34, Myers 33, Hurley 32, Zaka 32) - Will be lower
Richmond (Riewoldt retired, Cotchin 32, Rance 32, Martin will be 31) - Will be lower
Brisbane - Okay
West Coast - (Kennedy, Hurn, Masten retired, Natanui & Shuey 32) - Will be lower
Adelaide - (Betts, Douglas, Jacobs, Jenkins retored, Lynch 33, Sloane and Walker 32) - Will be lower
Sydney - (Franklin, Grundy, McVeigh, Jack, Smith retired, Rampe 32) - Will be lower
Carlton - maybe
Hawthorn - (Birchall, Bruest, Burgoyne, McEvoy, Puopolo, Roughead, Shoenmakers, Smith retired, Stratton 32) - Will be bottom 4
Western Bulldogs - Will be higher
Fremantle - okay
Geelong - (Abblett, Sellwood, Taylor, Touhy retired, Dangerfield, Henderson and Scott Sellwood 32) - Will be bottom 4
North - (Goldstein, Higgins, Thompson retired, Tarrant 33) - Will be higher
Port - (Boak, Gray, Ryder, Westhoff retired, Rockliff and Ebert 32)
StKilda - maybe
Gold Coast - maybe

Now I ask anyone to consider the differences between the scum 4th, West Coast 7th and North 15th and work out where 8 to 11 positions are decided.

Geelong would be my raging tip to be on the bottom and Hawthorn won't be far away from them! Sydney are also going to be requiring some more gifting from headquarters.

Last edited:
Did you check out his 3 year predictions?
Hah, * no.

I don't mind reading moronic, uninformed opinion on here as we aren't getting paid for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Roos coach gave the example of a recent North match practice session when 'Team A' took a 10-goal lead into the final break only for 'Team B' to kick a series of quick goals at the start of the last term to get back into the game.

Sounds familiar....

pffft, old news

it's a bullshit rule that is going to cause more blow outs because teams can't go defensive when they need to. New tactics will be introduced where teams will go with different formations inside the F 50. I Formation, 1 in goal square with 5 wide etc. Also mean defense will now play either zone or man on man depending on the situation and commentators will come up with new catch phrases.

All this will change the way the game looks and it will piss off the AFL off so they will have to introduce a new rule like Offside!

Hah, **** no.

I don't mind reading moronic, uninformed opinion on here as we aren't getting paid for it.

And I for one appreciate you reading my thoughts.

Am I the only one who finds discussions about who has the best list really ******* boring?

I'd love to see someone put the time into doing some pre and post season ratings of these lists and predictions. Something like +1 point for every position an individual team finishes above or below your prediction. Lowest overall tally is best, be fascinating to see who is the most accurate but - what I suspect would be more obvious - is which teams are blind spots for commentators, both individually and across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back