Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lehmo and Fev to host the new look Footy Show.

Channel 9 exec 1: Our dumbed down footy show is failing, what should we do?

Exec 2: Dumb it down even further?

Exec 1: Bloody brilliant idea.

Off air by the end of the year

As far as I’m concerned, it’s now official, North Melbourne will not get decent coverage in the media, no matter what their teams do. It’s taken the AFLW to finally hammer that message home to me. I had always thought if NM (women or men) put together an exciting mix of players and performed well, we’d get the appropriate column inches in the press. Our AFLW team tick all the boxes (star power, skill, performance, flair). Yet, in the papers, we only seem to rate one line mentions of “the apparently unbeatable Kangaroos”, while they’re busy extolling the virtues of Melbourne, Bulldogs, Geelong and Carlton at length. What gives?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stop stop it's already dead.

defibrillator-paddles.gif

As far as I’m concerned, it’s now official, North Melbourne will not get decent coverage in the media, no matter what their teams do. It’s taken the AFLW to finally hammer that message home to me. I had always thought if NM (women or men) put together an exciting mix of players and performed well, we’d get the appropriate column inches in the press. Our AFLW team tick all the boxes (star power, skill, performance, flair). Yet, in the papers, we only seem to rate one line mentions of “the apparently unbeatable Kangaroos”, while they’re busy extolling the virtues of Melbourne, Bulldogs, Geelong and Carlton at length. What gives?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe gone a bit early on that. Fairly big spread in the Hun, back page photo. Quite the write up

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just contacted by people at 'The Footy Show' HQ about providing expert opinions. Finally, North Melbourne could have had a marketable presence in the media. Might wear the North polo with the orange on it. I'm an honest guy, so if I'm asked to give any expert North opinions, I'll let them know that North will win the flag, but only will if Goldstein is dropped.

Last edited:
Just contacted by people at 'The Footy Show' HQ about providing expert opinions. Finally, North Melbourne could have had a marketable presence in the media. Might wear the North polo with the orange on it. I'm an honest guy so if I'm asked to give any expert North opinions I will let them know that North will win the flag but only will if Goldstein is dropped.
With such grammatical mastery you should fit right in with Lehmo and Fev.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a piece on Majak yesterday, contracts talks and our women's team
Majak Daw’s manager, Shane Casley, says North Melbourne is positive about his long-term future at the club.

But discussions on a new deal are not likely to take place until later in the year as he continues his comeback from injury.

North Melbourne will kick off its pre-season on Saturday against St Kilda in the JLT Series and include as many as six new faces.

ROUND 1: WE BREAK DOWN THE 2019 OPENING ROUND

PREVIEW: WHO TO WATCH AT YOUR CLUB IN JLT

PHOTO: SMILING MAJAK’S “JOYFUL” NORTH RETURN

The club expects Jared Polec, Dom Tyson, Tarryn Thomas, Aaron Hall, Jasper Pittard and rookie Tom Campbell to play in the clash at Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval after strong pre-seasons.

Daw, who is making strong progress after his fall from the Bolte Bridge, is out of contract at the end of this season and becomes a free agent.

He is said to be keen to play football later this year, but there are no timelines on a comeback given the severity of his hip and pelvis injuries.
Majak Daw with Ben Brown and Ben Cunnington. Picture: David Caird

Daw was coming off a sensational end to last year and was rated an elite intercept marking defender by Champion Data.

Casley told the Herald Sun both parties were focusing on his rehabilitation but the intent was there later in the season to work on a deal past 2019.

“We have had some discussions and dialogue but more about making sure Majak gets right physically and mentally,” he said.

SHOCK: MAJAK DAW FALLS FROM BOLTE BRIDGE

ALL SMILES: DAW RETURNS TO NORTH AFTER BRIDGE FALL

“At the appropriate time we will sit down and talk.

“Both sides are positive that hopefully he will get back to where he needs to be and hopefully at that time we will sit down and have a chat.

“He is ticking boxes stage by stage. It is all about ticking boxes and once he does that he might be in a position to play this year or at least we will know how he is tracking.
Majak Daw with his teammates at the club’s team photo day. Picture: David Caird

“Especially after that breakout year, normally once a player gets to a point in their career where they know they belong, they go on with it after that.

“That is the positive we have to look forward to.”

The Roos have a quartet of free agents this year, with Sam Wright, Todd Goldstein and Scott Thompson out of contract alongside Sam Durdin and Marley Williams.
RELATED CONTENT
North Melbourne team photo. Majak Daw returns to the line up. Picture: David Caird
Majak on the mend ahead of contract talks
Majak on the mend ahead of contract talks
2017 AFL Football Round 16: Collingwood vs. Essendon at the MCG. Jamie Elliot in action. Picture: Mark Stewart
Injury-plagued Pie a make or break free agent
Injury-plagued Pie a make or break free agent

OUT OF CONTRACT: TOP FREE AGENTS FOR 2019

North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell said recently that Daw was keen to get back to football this year but was unsure how likely that was.

“He’s loving being back at the footy club as well, which is awesome to see,” Ziebell said.

“A footy club is a great place to be around and no doubt Maj is enjoying his time at the moment.

“We’ll have to wait and see. I know he really does want to play but he has to jump a few hurdles.”

With such grammatical mastery you should fit right in with Lehmo and Fev.
Last time I checked, when you are on-screen you speak...not write. If I get a chance to I will sign the camera lens just for you Kangatime. Write into the show and I'll pull some strings to get you tickets. Always good to meet fans face to face.

Just contacted by people at 'The Footy Show' HQ about providing expert opinions. Finally, North Melbourne could have had a marketable presence in the media. Might wear the North polo with the orange on it. I'm an honest guy so if I'm asked to give any expert North opinions I will let them know that North will win the flag but only will if Goldstein is dropped.
You’d think they would go for someone with a bit of integrity, some footy IQ and a basic grasp of the English language, but instead...

God help us

😀

Last time I checked, when you are on-screen you speak...not write. If I get a chance to I will sign the camera lens just for you Kangatime. Write into the show and I'll pull some strings to get you tickets. Always good to meet fans face to face.
The fact you don’t under stand the role grammar plays in phonetics helps to explains why you put such ignorant faith in kangatech.

My guess is you’ll sign a tv monitor thinking you’re signing the camera.

The fact you don’t under stand the role grammar plays in phonetics helps to explains why you put such ignorant faith in kangatech.

My guess is you’ll sign a tv monitor thinking you’re signing the camera.
When you are important you have editors to check your work. I'm a scientist, not an English major. Also, it's big footy...i have no one to impress and 99.9% of the time i don't even check what I've written because i don't care. Myself and kangatech will always stay relevant thanks to fans like you that take the time out of your schedule to check how kangatech places at national conferences. That's what's sad
You check up on my status whereas i wouldn't even know or care if you disappeared tomorrow. Xx

7k+ posts in 2 years
and now you tell us

When you are important you have editors to check your work. I'm a scientist, not an English major. Also, it's big footy...i have no one to impress and 99.9% of the time i don't even check what I've written because i don't care. Myself and kangatech will always stay relevant thanks to fans like you that take the time out of your schedule to check how kangatech places at national conferences. That's what's sad
You check up on my status whereas i wouldn't even know or care if you disappeared tomorrow. Xx

Majak Daw’s manager, Shane Casley, says North Melbourne is positive about his long-term future at the club.

But discussions on a new deal are not likely to take place until later in the year as he continues his comeback from injury.

North Melbourne will kick off its pre-season on Saturday against St Kilda in the JLT Series and include as many as six new faces.

ROUND 1: WE BREAK DOWN THE 2019 OPENING ROUND

PREVIEW: WHO TO WATCH AT YOUR CLUB IN JLT

PHOTO: SMILING MAJAK’S “JOYFUL” NORTH RETURN

The club expects Jared Polec, Dom Tyson, Tarryn Thomas, Aaron Hall, Jasper Pittard and rookie Tom Campbell to play in the clash at Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval after strong pre-seasons.

this is getting interesting
wasnt really thinking TT wld be able to walk into the 1s but this is going to let us have a good look at him

happy to give Pittard a go, plenty of spots available in the back half on last yrs form
not sure about Hall inthe backline, has no interest in sticking on a bloke from wot ive seen of him
and campbell looks pretty good...Goldy will need to get his act together

7k+ posts in 2 years
and now you tell us
Ii just read who is hosting and that Rance and co will be panel members...

I thought it was going to be a serious show. It should just end tbh. No way I'd want to be part of anything with Fev hosting. Is Australian media that bad we need to resort to people like him? Jesus. Burn it with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back