Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
It seems Tarryn Thomas will be labelled the same way Simpkin is.

In no way is he line breaking.

He's actually on the slower side.

I wouldn't take too much notice, he's labeled Pittard as an elite kick!

His short-range kicking was pretty good, if he sticks with that and hits targets I think he will be more useful than other guys we have played down back who couldn't consistently hit blokes 30m away by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a load of BS

I saw this at the time and thought it would end this way. A classic 1 match penalty for any player that isn't well known. It was pretty textbook - I'm not sure any tackle can completely avoid the chance of a head knock. Stiff IMO.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I saw this at the time and thought it would end this way. A classic 1 match penalty for any player that isn't well known. It was pretty textbook - I'm not sure any tackle can completely avoid the chance of a head knock. Stiff IMO.
If there is any consistency we are going to see a couple of suspensions in almost every match from this time onwards.

Better to ban tackles and bring in rock paper scissors from AFLX to decide disputed ball situations.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
This infuriates me. Might as well go work on an oil rig. Lets cut wood, nail stuff, and lift heavy items in our free time...what could possibly go wrong :drunk:

The intense side-job might actually help their football. Fwiw Spud held a job on an oil rig and flew choppers when he could. But he said the nightlife nearly drove him round the bend.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The intense side-job might actually help their football. Fwiw Spud held a job on an oil rig and flew choppers when he could. But he said the nightlife nearly drove him round the bend.
Hopefully Mason Wood works there. Think of the marketing opportunity...the puns...the sexy tradie calendar we could sell to our members.

As a believer in the ancient Chinese philosophy of Yin and Yang I think if you put Mason and Garner in a dangerous environment it might actually cancel out their injuries - 2 wrongs making a right. Either that or we can turn it into 'Final Destination 7' with Garner pulling a hammy whilst putting on his hard hat :drunk:

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1551745934969.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back