Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and he's a fatty. You should only be on TV if you are below a certain level of fatness.

Parents have been complaining about advertising junk food during kids programs after school and here we are putting obese people on free to air television.
Let me have men about me that are fat,
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights.
Yond Groin has a lean and hungry look,
He Does too many squats; such men are dangerous.

I missed that particular bit of hyperbole until you pointed it out. But she’s a good operator and her footy credentials are no worse than most of the other non-ex-players in the media. She at least plays women’s ammos.

I'm not knocking her because she's a woman mate, I'm knocking the entire notion that a woman who commentates is somehow worthy of special consideration. I hope she's an improvement on most of the dung that commentates now. It wouldn't take much. May she turn out to be as elite as Emma Quayle is in her field (elite, because Emma is an elite operator, not because Emma is a woman)

You're not special or a "trailblazer" because you share the chromosomes of half of the human population and can commentate a football match.

Marie Curie = special.

You have massive personal issues that you need to address.

We understand. And.. NTTAWWT. We embrace you brother and we'll 'block out all the nasty noise.' - B Murphy 2018

No Cunnington in Slobbo's top 50. Brown 30, Higgins 33.

I must have missed when Jack Viney passed Cunners as a footballer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The biggest insult was he put Daniher at 50.

The man has two utensils. He's too silly to be continually pulling only one of them.

We understand. And.. NTTAWWT. We embrace you brother and we'll block out all the nasty noise.

Sorry but....................who are you?

No Cunnington in Slobbo's top 50. Brown 30, Higgins 33.

I must have missed when Jack Viney passed Cunners as a footballer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Eh, love Cunners, but Viney is almost as good as him on the inside and far more dynamic outside the contest. A far better pressure player and tackler through the middle as well.

I'm not knocking her because she's a woman mate, I'm knocking the entire notion that a woman who commentates is somehow worthy of special consideration. I hope she's an improvement on most of the dung that commentates now. It wouldn't take much. May she turn out to be as elite as Emma Quayle is in her field (elite, because Emma is an elite operator, not because Emma is a woman)
Yeah, the idea that any journalist of either gender making a minor adjustment to their freelance workload is newsworthy is ... extremely Slow News Week.

Yeah, the idea that any journalist of either gender making a minor adjustment to their freelance workload is newsworthy is ... extremely Slow News Week.

It's actually demeaning to a woman who excels in any field to make mention that it's even more special because she's a woman.

All this gender bullshit has messed up people's heads.

Eh, love Cunners, but Viney is almost as good as him on the inside
Yeah can't agree there at all. Inside the contest Ben is top 5 in the comp, minimum, Viney is good, he has a way to go on that front though.
and far more dynamic outside the contest. A far better pressure player and tackler through the middle as well.
Pressure? No doubt. Tackler? No.

Plus he's a genuine, no sock w***er that plays for a privileged sh*tstain club that should have been arseholed years ago.

Jesus KS, come on man.

Yeah can't agree there at all. Inside the contest Ben is top 5 in the comp, minimum, Viney is good, he has a way to go on that front though.Pressure? No doubt. Tackler? No.

Plus he's a genuine, no sock w***er that plays for a privileged sh*tstain club that should have been arseholed years ago.

Jesus KS, come on man.
Haha fair enough, when I read it back I actually thought the 'close to him inside' bit was off, but I couldn't be bothered editing. They're different styles too. Viney is more of a manic battering ram, whereas Cunners is much more creative, which I value higher.

Although I do disagree with you on the tackling bit. Viney's speed and intensity advantage gives leads to him being better there. He averages over a tackle a game more than Cunners in their respective careers.

I love Cunners and I think it's ridiculous that he's not in that top 50. I mean, he should be in there comfortably, and Higgo at 30-whatever is an insult. But Viney's a very good player, and only getting better, which I think is also one of the considerations for when these pre-season top 50s are tallied. I don't disagree with him being in there.

Then again, who really gives a s**t what Slobbo thinks anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually demeaning to a woman who excels in any field to make mention that it's even more special because she's a woman.

They're not saying that. It's momentous for the industry. Btw who are you? The guy who didn't know what an alter-G was? I thought you were ready to coach this team?

Go on. Stink up another thread with your ego powered drivel. Explain to everyone again what symbioises is. Then fail to see symbiosis at work with the introduction of women's team to deliver better engagemt with more fans.

Maybe you should take a break for a bit. Your s**t is getting old and stale. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it. We just don't spew every errant thought or opinion onto this site assuming that it will make great reading.

Or some that played. Such as brereton and derwayne for instance.

I don't mind Brereton, you know, conceptually anyway. In practice he's completely self absorbed and I find what he says exhausting and painful most of the time but I do give him some props for actually being willing to take a stand and stake his credentials on an opinion every now and again - even though I find he has no consistency to those opinions. So, I guess I don't mind him as long as I don't have to actually listen to him. Blight I used to enjoy as well because he was willing to throw out crazy stream of consciousness thoughts even if they might go wrong. I'll take that any day over the self referential boys club style fapping where every single player is a champion. It just gets exhausting to hear it and there's no depth to it.

Dwayne is the polar opposite, literally the happy meal version of commentating that is so common at the moment. No insight. Cheap, imported, plastic crap. Unfortunately the list of special comments and commentators that are more similar to this is long and painful. There's got to be more that can be done.

Yeh the media themselves for a while have been reporting on themselves as if they are a worthy story. Though I do really appreciate learning that someone who used to give traffic updates on SEN has now moved to ABC.

Also kudos for creative use of "journalist". If Matt Thompson is a journalist then Pete Evans is a microbiologist.

Could not agree more. I'm always surprised people don't recoil from this kind of thing as incredibly patronising. Instead it's largely lapped up for reasons that elude me.

On a sidenote, former Australian WNBA player Michelle Timms was on some defunct footy show like Live & Kicking and took part in a free throw contest with Andrew Gaze and some footy blokes, think Dunstall and Barnes.

I remember they tried to move her closer for her shots (well she's a girl, right?) and she nearly punched their teeth out, wanting to win on her merits.

Could not agree more. I'm always surprised people don't recoil from this kind of thing as incredibly patronising. Instead it's largely lapped up for reasons that elude me.

Canned identity politics for lazy and/or stupid people to facilitate virtue signalling.

They're not saying that. It's momentous for the industry. Btw who are you? The guy who didn't know what an alter-G was? I thought you were ready to coach this team?

Go on. Stink up another thread with your ego powered drivel. Explain to everyone again what symbioises is. Then fail to see symbiosis at work with the introduction of women's team to deliver better engagemt with more fans.

Maybe you should take a break for a bit. Your s**t is getting old and stale. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it. We just don't spew every errant thought or opinion onto this site assuming that it will make great reading.
POTY for me so far.

SPOT ON.

Then by logical extension we must expose the "all woman are victims" clique who facilitate this bullshit (gender quotas etc.).

I'll activate my "MISOGYNIST" flame shield now.

Then by logical extension we must expose the "all woman are victims" clique who facilitate this bullshit (gender quotas etc.).

I'll activate my "MISOGYNIST" flame shield now.

I can't be ****ed mate. Let me know how you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back