Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. So Thomas, Scott, Tyson out? Is that what the general gist is?

One thing I didn't like about the interview, was that he is still searching to find out what the 'best' option is for the ruck situation. "Is it better having g goldie ruck most the entirety and have another key forward? Or is it better to have a two ruckmen? I don't know I'm still trying to figure it out" - forgive my ignorance. But has he not been trying to work at this formula out for the past five years?
Having a second key forward has zero relevance to a second ruck conundrum.

Zero.

I've never heard a North coach spout as much s**t as this bloke.

It's a *in Wookie defence of incompetence.

Having a second key forward has zero relevance to a second ruck conundrum.

Zero.

I've never heard a North coach spout as much s**t as this bloke.

It's a ****in Wookie defence of incompetence.

Brad 'Chewbacca' Scott.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Certainly agree that the player content is our greatest asset and something we are hoping to keep growing.

It can be a little bit about judging the current climate in terms of angles and sentiment at times. Putting out multiple player interviews this week for example isn't going to be received well, given the on-field fortunes and frustration from fans, so we need to focus on things like VFL performances and those pushing up. It's a bit of a balancing act, as sometimes forcing content can have a negative impact.

A good example of this is how we highlighted Ben Cunnington's performance after the game on Sunday for our full-time Instagram post - it arguably made for a more negative vibe in the comments because it came across like we were trying to soften the blow of the loss.

Will definitely take your feedback on board, as we want to make sure the website/app are constantly ticking over with fresh content.

Thanks again and appreciate the support.
Rob.
Way more polite and candid than you needed to be. Interesting insight into judging the mood when deciding what to put out, too. Thanks Rob, I for one appreciate it. :thumbsu:

Bailey Scott was arguably our best in round 1. Has been decent since then. Deserves his spot.

Polec has been our most consistent mid as far as foot skills is on concerned.

Pittard has been our best defender.

Tyson has been consistent without being outstanding.

Campbell was brought in to play in a roll not suited to his movement or body shape.

TT has shown he has some serious moves!

LDU has shown flashes of his elite talent.

It’s not the ******* new guys that are the issue it’s your stinky dog turd of a game plan and your inability to adapt.

Also might have something to do with all the untouchables that you back in week in week out despite having deplorable skill or effort.

Absolutely ******* clueless this bloke.

Bailey Scott was arguably our best in round 1. Has been decent since then. Deserves his spot.

Polec has been our most consistent mid as far as foot skills is on concerned.

Pittard has been our best defender.

Tyson has been consistent without being outstanding.

Campbell was brought in to play in a roll not suited to his movement or body shape.

TT has shown he has some serious moves!

LDU has shown flashes of his elite talent.

It’s not the ******* new guys that are the issue it’s your stinky dog turd of a game plan and your inability to adapt.

Also might have something to do with all the untouchables that you back in week in week out despite having deplorable skill or effort.

Absolutely ******* clueless this bloke.

Agree with all, especially bolded.

IMHO he's admitting to the wrong error.

Less to do with new faces more to safe places for those entrenched.
It’s just more s**t from Scott. The four traded in have been good and Scott was our best in round 1. 10 years this guy has spewed s**t and people at the club lap it up. Listen to Christian Wallace on the North Talk podcast, his confirmation bias is terrible. Scotts has got everyone at the Club believing he is some messiah when all they have to do his look at his results.

It’s bollocks and I’m getting close to being completely done with this club. My 40 years of investment in the club is not only being ignored, it’s being f***ed over by an administration that doesn’t seem to care.

Last edited by a moderator:
this just came up on a prominent AFL teams FB feed, i can only imagine they are against any competition to mathos pokies? hypocrites.

56608766_10157073247623334_3777949470893801472_o.jpg

Cool. So Thomas, Scott, Tyson out?
Is that what the general gist is?
Thomas and Scott have been developing like quality draft picks should be developing. So let's compromise there development like we've done in the past ten years?

One thing I didn't like about the interview was that he is still searching to find out what the 'best' option is for the ruck situation. "Is it better having goldie ruck the entirety of the game and have another key forward? Or is it better to have a two ruckmen? I don't know I'm still trying to figure it out". Forgive my ignorance, but has he not been trying to work out this formula for the past five years?

Edit. Too many errors when battery was on 2% on the train.
Tyson won't be dropped. I've said it before, he will play every game this season at the expense of Ahern and LDU. Bard is a knob gobbler.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listen to Christian Wallace on the North Talk podcast, his confirmation bias is terrible. Scotts has got everyone at the Club believing he is some messiah
This isn't uncommon.

In places I've worked there have been large groups of people who seem to treat senior execs as cult hero's. Referring to them only by first name, repeating their motherhood statements like dogma. Sticking to the next rising star in hope of becoming a member of the future inner sanctum.

When the campaigner is caught cooking the books or doing some other sackable offence and gets the bullet, the coattail riders end up face down in the mud unless they were quick enough to turn allegiance to some other campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article on the Herald-Sun website.
https://outline.com/fTrSH3

Jarrad Waite urges former club North Melbourne to back-in young tall Nick Larkey

APRIL 11, 2019

Jarrad Waite says he would have considered playing on into 2019 if the club had offered him a contract at the end of last season.
But as the winless Roos forward line woes continue, the 377-goal veteran has urged North Melbourne to back in two-game key tall Nick Larkey to play alongside Ben Brown.
Waite, 36, kicked 32 goals in 13 games last year but was not prepared to go through an entire trade/free agency period before the club made a decision on whether to hand him a new deal.
Waite made his VAFA debut for St Kevins on the weekend, kicking three goals after barely missing a training session over summer.

Mid-sized forward Mason Wood has been unable to fire since signing a significant deal in 2016 while Taylor Garner is exciting but injury-prone.
Waite told the Herald Sun he wasn’t the answer to the club’s woes, adamant 198cm key tall Larkey can make an impact if backed in to play regularly.
“If there had been a contract I would have had a think about it,” Waite said.
“I had waited the year before (until October) and I wanted the run out with the kids and if I hadn’t said goodbye I might have been a bit frustrated with the end of it.
“It’s a nice compliment being thrown around but how long does it last for?
“They have got Nick Larkey who really played well in the VFL on the weekend. With where the club is at they need to start playing a few of the young players and almost throw them into the deep end.
“That’s the way teams learn. It’s the way every key position player learns.
“I think they will see real benefit in playing the likes of Larkey and getting continuity with him and Benny Brown.”
Jarrad Waite says it took time to build continuity with Ben Brown. Picture: AAP
Coach Brad Scott admitted to selection mistakes in recent weeks, having tried Tom Campbell as a foil alongside Brown.
Waite said the Roos’ forward line might almost have to take a small forward to go forward with a second tall alongside Brown.
“Ben and I came in when Drew (Petrie) was playing, so he had a massive influence on us working together.
“You can only play games together to get that continuity. There might be a few teething issues at the start but they will be fine.”

Kangaroos great Wayne Carey this week lashed the club’s forward line under full forward Brown.
“He’s never laid a tackle because he can’t, he’s not nimble enough,” Carey said.

“Ben Brown has to look at himself in the mirror and ask himself whether he wants to be a star of this competition or one-dimensional.

“If he doesn’t mark it, he’s deemed useless — he has to get a couple of other tricks up his sleeve.”

https://outline.com/fTrSH3

Jarrad Waite says he would have considered playing on into 2019 if the club had offered him a contract at the end of last season.

Who'd have thought hinging an entire list strategy on a flip-flopping coward puncher from West Coast might have a cost?

Anyone listen to SEN 1116 via the internet ?

Some weird African comedy show on there this morning. Rang the station and they were aware.

Very strange.
SEN have been all kinds of shizen over the last few weeks. Feed continually dropping out, phone lines not working, African comedy shows, the works.

Anyone listen to SEN 1116 via the internet ?

Some weird African comedy show on there this morning. Rang the station and they were aware.

Very strange.

It was a live cross to The Huddle’s end of term soiree.

I thought every bit of criticism Duck brought on was completely fair, and as harsh as he was on Ben Brown, its true. He is useless below the knees, and never ever tackles. Ever.

Tim Watson pressuring him hard to go coach, and he should he has a coaches mindset. We need to get over this Stevens bullshit and the past discretions and welcome him back to the fold and it starts with unfortunately, the supporters to get it going.

Carey should be our forwards coach right now, why the club hasn't even bothered ONCE to ask him is ridiculous.

We need him at Arden St. again, the cleanout must happen soon and if you ask me hiring Wayne Carey as your first new coach as part of a new coaching crew would be the perfect spearhead the fans will get behind enormously. If you wanna boost members in one fell swoop, that's one way to do it, start with that.

He did lay a couple against Freo.
Which was a couple more than Wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back