Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list is fine, certainly better than a lot of other teams at least. Certainly better than 1-4

Is it really? Have you been watching the other games? We have the same ‘hand ball through the middle’ game plan as 10 other clubs but seem to be the only ones who can’t execute it regularly.

Last edited:
When you have a head coach who has been there 10-years and a number of assistant and development/line coaches who have been there a similar amount of time, a poor list is an indictment on them, not an excuse.

You can't be in charge of the playing group that long and then say "well, I don't have the cattle".

Theres alot to like about our list, on paper I think its pretty good, spines getting a bit old and the outside of the best 22 needs some work. But I like it.

If we added Michael Walters and Liam Ryan to our list and stopped playing top heavy forward lines we'd be a much, much better side.

Additionally, if we added two half back flankers who could actually defend and use the ball well, we'd be getting close.

So agree, the list isn't too far off but the coach is just miles away from understanding why we get killed off half back by good sides and accepting that many of his favourites should be replaced.

Last edited:
If you added Michael Walters,

If we added Michael Walters and Liam Ryan to our list and stopped playing top heavy forward lines we'd be a much, much better side.

Additionally, if we added two half back flankers who could actually defend and use the ball well, we'd be getting close.

So agree, the list isn't too far off but the coach is just miles away from understanding why we get killed off half back by good sides and accepting that many of his favourites should be replaced.

Don’t forget our Harry Potter midfield set up...it’s been read so many times by so many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you added Michael Walters,

i would be playing froggy on the hbf, discounting this week his disposal is generally pretty sound, he has built up his endurance and goes pretty well, 1 on 1, opens up the wings for the more outside players we have bought in however it wont happen because the supermacs own the HBFs atm.,

i would be playing froggy on the hbf, discounting this week his disposal is generally pretty sound, he has built up his endurance and goes pretty well, 1 on 1, opens up the wings for the more outside players we have bought in however it wont happen because the supermacs own the HBFs atm.,
Yeah his kicking seemed more like the exception than the rule, generally pretty neat skills. He could genuinely work on the HBF, but do like him on the wing. Polec on the other side, with Bailey to chop out and Hall to roam across half forward or in the middle. Just a thought.

Actually surprised Hall hasn't been inside the centre square more, but probably a good reason.

Really like Frog, always know he will crack in every week.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out of interest, who has a worse list in your opinion?
i actually think hawks and adelaide lists are pretty thin and carlton still having simpson, jones, daisy and sosos playing means thay have a lot of potentual/current gaps to fill,i guess it depends on what metrics you employ, having said that there definately isnt the void that plough suggested between them.

Just sat down and watched Renovation Australia, this episode was about the renovation of the Gasworks across the road from our oval. Showed some current footage of our guys training and some old footage from yesteryear at Arden Street.

Not a bad renovation job, but a few things I’d do differently.

I think the episode is replayed tomorrow.

Just sat down and watched Renovation Australia, this episode was about the renovation of the Gasworks across the road from our oval. Showed some current footage of our guys training and some old footage from yesteryear at Arden Street.

Not a bad renovation job, but a few things I’d do differently.

I think the episode is replayed tomorrow.
Cafe?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back