Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
In those first 2-3 years it was gold undisputed

It was torture watching it in 1996 as we seemed to be watching our demise on TFS. I wrote a hand written letter to Greg Miller about the fact that most of the news was coming via TFS. He wrote back, still got it somewhere in a Shed I think...

TFS finally gone.

I am shocked sticking a woman and a disabled person on the show didn't make it a huge success. :stern look

To be fair, i couldn't bring myself to watch the show for a very long time, but what made it quite unique was that it had little to do with football and was just a bunch of idiots that had chemistry making fools of themselves, hell, even our ex-chairman disgraced himself on that show for the sake of ratings.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
The “sad end” I’m hearing about came in the last couple of years. They should have wrapped it up, then thought properly about what they could do differently and start fresh with a new concept and name. Longevity can be overrated. And the new cast got a horrible hospital handball.

The “sad end” I’m hearing about came in the last couple of years. They should have wrapped it up, then thought properly about what they could do differently and start fresh with a new concept and name. Longevity can be overrated. And the new cast got a horrible hospital handball.

They flogged that dead horse until the last possible cent was eeked out of it.

The show had jumped the shark a long long time ago.

It did well when it basically had no competitors, or the competitors were a watered down version of themselves.

^ In fact, I looked it up and it was recorded as 7 tackles. Looking at the video, maybe the Sloan one was an actual tackle?

Maybe @ 0.20 against Gibbs. That's the closest for mine, Sloane second. I dunno if any were proper tackles tho. He's JMac like in his tackling ability. We should start calling him turnstiles as well.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am shocked sticking a woman and a disabled person on the show didn't make it a huge success. :stern look

To be fair, i couldn't bring myself to watch the show for a very long time, but what made it quite unique was that it had little to do with football and was just a bunch of idiots that had chemistry making fools of themselves, hell, even our ex-chairman disgraced himself on that show for the sake of ratings.
It's only because they failed by not putting a transgender athlete on the show.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
^ In fact, I looked it up and it was recorded as 7 tackles. Looking at the video, maybe the Sloan one was an actual tackle?

If those are tackles, it makes you wonder how a midfielder can get through a game without laying a tackle. Apparently you only need to touch the player with the ball and it's a tackle.

If those are tackles, it makes you wonder how a midfielder can get through a game without laying a tackle. Apparently you only need to touch the player with the ball and it's a tackle.

I think the general view is that CD got it very wrong in that game.

A forensic analysis of why that happened would be quite interesting, though.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I think the general view is that CD got it very wrong in that game.

A forensic analysis of why that happened would be quite interesting, though.

It makes you consider the value of the stats that CD present to the general population.

Rick18 has clearly had access to the “real stuff” from CD. I’d love a run down on what constitutes a tackle, pressure act, effective disposal etc....and how far removed it is from what the punters get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes you consider the value of the stats that CD present to the general population.

Rick18 has clearly had access to the “real stuff” from CD. I’d love a run down on what constitutes a tackle, pressure act, effective disposal etc....and how far removed it is from what the punters get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your head will spin when you learn what a 'contested posession' and an 'effective disposal' actually is.

Your head will spin when you learn what a 'contested posession' and an 'effective disposal' actually is.

The best information about a players comes from your own eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back