Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People beg the media to go harder at Brad Scott. The media does, yet people sook at being labelled irrelevant. Seriously.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not sooking about the media having a crack at us, I hope they go their hardest. The North is irrelevant crap is one step away from ‘should North consider moving to Tassie’

Did you listen to what was said?

I’m not sooking about the media having a crack at us, I hope they go their hardest. The North is irrelevant crap is one step away from ‘should North consider moving to Tassie’

Did you listen to what was said?

The fact is, even when we were winning flags, North was considered irrelevant by the rest of the competition. We all know this - it’s not new. The difference now is that the North rank and file is buying into this narrative as well. That’s the biggest reason that Brad has to go. Once a new coach is on board, our supporter base will be up and running again. The rest of the competition will still wheel out the irrelevancy schtick. BUT WE WON’T CARE!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fact is, even when we were winning flags, North was considered irrelevant by the rest of the competition. We all know this - it’s not new. The difference now is that the North rank and file is buying into this narrative as well. That’s the biggest reason that Brad has to go. Once a new coach is on board, our supporter base will be up and running again. The rest of the competition will still wheel out the irrelevancy schtick. BUT WE WON’T CARE!

I could be wrong because I was 15 & 18 when we won our last flags so the memory could be a bit off, but I remember North being very relevant during that time. Media darlings, Friday nights, Carey dominating. We’re never going to have massive member numbers but hardly irrelevant.

Yeah the nineties were norths era Friday nights, big crowds, huge profile. Just a bit early to fully cash in as the whole membership focus wasn’t really in place until early 00s

I could be wrong because I was 15 & 18 when we won our last flags so the memory could be a bit off, but I remember North being very relevant during that time. Media darlings, Friday nights, Carey dominating. We’re never going to have massive member numbers but hardly irrelevant.

Agree.

And I'm older than you, so I remember it as an adult.

We were labelled the Team of the 90s, so yeah, not irrelevant then.

C10 news said club and coach had agreed to part "later" in the year, sad in the end and people shouldn't be under the illusion that change will guarantee something better, we need to do a lot of things better than we have been.

C10 news said club and coach had agreed to part "later" in the year, sad in the end and people shouldn't be under the illusion that change will guarantee something better, we need to do a lot of things better than we have been.

There really wasn't much more time left to salvage the season, the call had to be made now and I think both parties understand that with where we stand currently. It doesn't do any further damage to Scott as a coach by pulling the pin earlier.

Plus this allows more time for the review of the club to establish meaningful change (hopefully)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From 73 to 80 and 93-00 we were the centre of the football universe.

Agree.

And I'm older than you, so I remember it as an adult.

We were labelled the Team of the 90s, so yeah, not irrelevant then.
And the failed merger with Fitzroy didn't continue to be over discussed and dragged on after the flag.
Kind of disappeared from the agenda quickly

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back