Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We kept Geelong to the lowest winning score of the round and played some tough defensive football even if we did get belted.

I’ve felt a lot worse after many many games over the years because we were terrible.

5 goals down at 3/4 time with some terrible umpiring meaning it could have been 3 or 4 down. We worked hard , we were just smashed by a team that’s been on top of the ladder all year while we have come from 18th

I’m disappointed, not distraught.

The media can have their cheap shots- can’t expect much when you score your lowest score in AFL/VFL ever!!

I was at the game and that’s how I felt. It was bad - but we were only a couple of kicks down at half time.

I think they tried to open it up a little to get back into it. That didn’t work out and that’s where the 2 cheap goals came from turnovers trying to chip inside instead of going down the line.

It was bad. But not as bad as Rd 1. I walked away pissed off - but not like Good Friday. Was a bit shocked to read the outrage here.

...And I’ll still front up in Hobart.

Sorry mate didn’t realise you’re a Pom.
In Australia, Football and Footy is AFL designed for the rugged.
Soccer , often called football by the Poms, is designed for actors that are scared of tackling.
Point remains, pointing your kids to golf and soccer for $$ is delusional.
Can totally understand though if they are small you don’t want them to get bruised.
Toughen up princess or you’ll end up raising wimps hiding behind some falsehood of earning big $.

From Argentina and yeah, football there is a little bit different to what you probably imagine it to be.

Football used to be a semi-tough sport too, but like AFL, it has become overly sanitised and soft, especially in England

And yes, for every Ziebell, Anderson or ScottyT there is a MacMillan or a fruity Allison or Romero or Nicholls or Mason Wood just around the corner. Same in our game, for every Neymar there is a Ponzio or Roy Keane or Vinnie Jones.

My boys don't have to worry about toughening up (thanks for the condescending advice, though).

Position remains on forcing your kids to play a sport that pays professionals well is delusional.

I didn't force my kids to play the most popular sport in the world dude LOL. I simply hate coming home and watching them on iPads. I forced them into sport and I stand by that, especially golf and skiing which are lifetime skills.

Have you ever attended a River Plate home game? Trust me, do yourself a favour and add it to your list of sporting things to do before you die. The boys didn't take much convincing that this was indeed the pinnacle of sporting pursuits.

I did however force them not to do Rowing (which I stand by) I actually upper their pocket money to make that a formality. Report me to DHS if you want!

With a caretaker coach we were in caretaker mode. With a full time coach we can start making serious plans for next year: list management, trade, draft, coaching team, game plan etc. etc.

Yeah exactly, also he'd already returned better results than Scott with the same list. (Tho he is now at Scotts' career average w/l ratio but has a higher w/l for this year still despite 4 losses in the last 5 weeks.)

The reality is he was in no worse a position than any other prospective candidate bar the big three (the ones who all played under Pagan,) in terms of experience and record/his cv and already had built relationships with the whole club. He also had a working knowledge of the side and would have formed his own opinions on what we needed over the whole year, not just since he became caretaker coach. His knowledge of the list, footy dept, the previous game plan and his opinions on each of them already puts him ahead of the rest of the field as far as the plans for next year go. If they were in a hurry to get things organised then why not? Especially with the possibility that Simmo comes home in a few years. There is a plan B if it all goes pear shaped.

What is football mate?

Clear distinction between football (football) and footy (AFL).

Basketball is for tall people, we are less than 6 feet tall. It also happens to be a s**t sport.

Dont you mean:
Clear distinction between football (EPL) and footy (AFL).

From Argentina and yeah, football there is a little bit different to what you probably imagine it to be.

Football used to be a semi-tough sport too, but like AFL, it has become overly sanitised and soft, especially in England

And yes, for every Ziebell, Anderson or ScottyT there is a MacMillan or a fruity Allison or Romero or Nicholls or Mason Wood just around the corner. Same in our game, for every Neymar there is a Ponzio or Roy Keane or Vinnie Jones.

My boys don't have to worry about toughening up (thanks for the condescending advice, though).

I didn't force my kids to play the most popular sport in the world dude LOL. I simply hate coming home and watching them on iPads. I forced them into sport and I stand by that, especially golf and skiing which are lifetime skills.

Have you ever attended a River Plate home game? Trust me, do yourself a favour and add it to your list of sporting things to do before you die. The boys didn't take much convincing that this was indeed the pinnacle of sporting pursuits.

I did however force them not to do Rowing (which I stand by) I actually upper their pocket money to make that a formality. Report me to DHS if you want!

I would kill for him playing in this side right now.

FWIW Rowers are among the fittest, strongest and toughest (physically and mentally) athletes out there. I've seen a couple of rowers go off and it was spectacular both times.

Why would I watch a game at River Plate.
I’ve sat directly behind Lionel Messi at Camp Nou to watch a game.
Do yourself a favour and check that place out, even Messi prefers it to Argentina. 😂

Damo backed up for another crack

Has taken to calling it The Glenn and Ben show

He's so funny

Damo Toy Watch:

Currently sitting in 44-gallon drum in the front yard, lathered in accelerant with Damo holding a Zippo over the top.

We haven't had a good crumbing forward since Fruity, and we'd be a much more threatening side if his clone was playing for us now,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damo has built himself a nice 50/50 argument. If we succeed he will bang on about the process and how we were lucky but if we lose he will use those losses as the examples of proof for his argument.

How NOT to raise a snowflake:

Anyone who says they live completely off the grid is lying to you. Living off the grid is a net loss to society. It costs more to keep them afloat. Goddamn hippies.

Yep. In order, worst losses this season:

Freo Rd1
*, Good Friday
Sydney in Hobart
*, 2nd time
Hawthorn, Rd 3?
Saturday night

The top 3 were outstandingly disgraceful. Worst losses in years.
I was happy to back the sentiment without posting the worse ones, but now here they are. Ugh.

What a season this has been - horrible lows and then also thrashing Pies and Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back