Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And who would you like us to bring in?
That's not the point though is it - the point is you make a statement by dropping a key player or two.
Slobo in the herald sun saying Brad Scott will be working at headquarters under Steve hocking.
Will cost North some money as job not paying as much as his North coaching job.
What's Bard going to do at the AFL - advise on how to better implement the 6-6-6 rule?

That's not the point though is it - the point is you make a statement by dropping a key player or two.

What's Bard going to do at the AFL - advise on how to better implement the 6-6-6 rule?

It's nice in theory but you have to be practical enough to know we don't have anybody to bring in and replace them.

Disagree.

These s**t efforts have been happening for 10 years - it's not a once off - the idea that we 'just move on' is a key reason why they keep happening because there are simply no repercussions.

Indeed it is not even a once off s**t effort under Shaw - we have had 3 ordinary to woeful efforts since he took over and the reasons for it are all the same - shocking efforts by experienced players - most notably those playing in the midfield. He dropped Jed for one game - not enough! Drop a Cunnington, Zeibull or Higgo - make a statement that there is a new sheriff in town and if we kick 1 goal in a game of football and get beaten so badly for effort around the contested ball then you wont be playing senior football the following week.

Supporters and members should be venting that these 'efforts' are unacceptable and we/they need to keep saying it until there is something done about it.

'Just moving on' will not cut it anymore and we will learn a lot about Shaw and which way he wants to take the club on Thursday night. We will also see how the majority of the North supporter base takes it on Saturday night by whether they show up or not. It's not looking good at all right now.

Whatever. FWIW, I never said "just move one" - it was in the following post.

But I maintain that the loss was not even close to our three worst losses this year, so I'm bemused that a handful of posters are still going ape-s**t about it.

Whatever. FWIW, I never said "just move one" - it was in the following post.

But I maintain that the loss was not even close to our three worst losses this year, so I'm bemused that a handful of posters are still going ape-s**t about it.

Not even close to our worst three losses this year? Turn it up!

1 goal. Lowest score ever. Only the Freo debacle has it covered because at least we had a crack for 1.5 quarters, but we were absolutely terrible. Didn’t look like scoring and smashed in the middle.

It was a bad, bad loss.

Set Scamper on him. He’ll claw his eyes out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was and I wouldn't.

But they're both in my top 10 of all players seen.
This.

I used to go to Moorabbin in the 80s with my long long suffering Saints supporting mates just to watch Lockett (and sink a sh*tload of beer).

Plugger was unstoppable in full flight and didn't get the silver service that Dunstall got from his mids. They both had amazing acceleration for big blokes, were good below their knees and very reliable kicks.

Lockett sits just behind Carey as the best I've ever seen.

Not even close to our worst three losses this year? Turn it up!

1 goal. Lowest score ever. Only the Freo debacle has it covered because at least we had a crack for 1.5 quarters, but we were absolutely terrible. Didn’t look like scoring and smashed in the middle.

It was a bad, bad loss.

You obviously didn't attend the Good Friday game. It was almost as bad as the Freo game.

I also think the abject incompetence in the Sydney game in Hobart deserves a podium spot in the year's worse losses, but we all have our own views.

You obviously didn't attend the Good Friday game. It was almost as bad as the Freo game.

I also think the abject incompetence in the Sydney game in Hobart deserves a podium spot in the year's worse losses, but we all have our own views.

That second quarter was diabolical, given the side the Swans had in that night, it was unfathomable that we could allow such a thing to occur.

Curious if anyone on here who was right into it in the 80s would rank Dunstall higher than Lockett?
In my opinion Lockett was the superior natural footballer. Dunstall fitted in perfectly with the Hawthorn game style and was more disciplined than Plugger.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

In my opinion Lockett was the superior natural footballer. Dunstall fitted in perfectly with the Hawthorn game style and was more disciplined than Plugger.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dunstall had a lot more strings to his bow.

Curious if anyone on here who was right into it in the 80s would rank Dunstall higher than Lockett?
They were both superb.
My initial thought was Plugger maybe just.
But who would I have rathered at North?
Dunstall. Probably because he was probably a bit better when the ball wasnt lace out (which it usually was at Hawks then)

Always preferred Dunstall to Lockett for some reason. Just his character I think.

They did play together in that State of Origin game in the late 80's. From memory think they both kicked five. I can't remember fully, but I'll assume Lockett was full forward with Dunstall in the pocket? Think Dunstall probably had a bit more versatility to his game. Both great players obviously and lovely kicks of the footy.

Lockett was so good, I can't explain what it was like to see him in full flight as a young kid new to the game. A genuine colossus.

Dunstall can * off, 1993 Friday Night??? Anyone? Anyone?

That was the first time I remember feeling s**t leaving the footy. Possibly the first time in my life we had something to lose or weren't just making up the numbers.

Carey always craps on about Dunstall, says he copied him etc etc especially the use of ass in contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back