Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just a very random weird one. Like for one thing, why Geelong??
‘apparently’ he wouldn’t leave melbourne and Geelong are the only melbourne based side in premiership contention for the next 3 years ‘apparently’..

I suppose Richmond and Bulldogs should just pack up shop..

‘apparently’ he wouldn’t leave melbourne and Geelong are the only melbourne based side in premiership contention for the next 3 years ‘apparently’..

I suppose Richmond and Bulldogs should just pack up shop..
😂

Ok so we’re clearly nowhere near it either! (Brisbane must just be a complete anomaly then 😉).

I hope Higgo sticks with the Rooboys.

Not quite sure if your serious

You ever watched that game?

Google Glenn Archer Norm Smith; might bring you up to speed

Think he was referring to when Laidley did exactly the same thing in front of Plugger. Sandy Roberts’ call went something like “here comes plugger, but Laidley marks” took Gerard Healey of all people to remark how brave he was.

Think he was referring to when Laidley did exactly the same thing in front of Plugger. Sandy Roberts’ call went something like “here comes plugger, but Laidley marks” took Gerard Healey of all people to remark how brave he was.

All well and good but this specifically related to the 1996 NS

Yeah cool. Never miss a chance to remind everyone of Laidley’s extraordinary bravery that day

The three of them (Mick) nullified our biggest threat that day. Corey was awesome but what Archer did that day with the threat of Plugger cutting loose and kicking a bag of goals won him the NS.

Ok let's just settle this: even Archer acknowledges his Norm Smith might've been Corey McKernan's.

Fwiw I remember Mike Sheahan on Talking Footy leading into the GF giving Archer as his smokie for the Norm Smith. Guess who's then in the Norm Smith selection group probably wanting to demonstrate their own footy nouse?

Not saying Archer was undeserving but Corey was instrumental on the day and was probably robbed of 3x awards during his career as a result.

You could mount a case for McKernan for 1999 too thanks to his 2nd quarter minutes of madness that blew the game open.

Yeah all the bitterness came from Wilson and Schwab. KB was disappointed but gracious, he’d won every media award by a street
TBH Greigs first win was a shock. He never won the Syd in either year he won the brownlow. But the Tiggers reaction was disgusting and unsportsmanlike to say the least. (except KBs response).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok let's just settle this: even Archer acknowledges his Norm Smith might've been Corey McKernan's.

Fwiw I remember Mike Sheahan on Talking Footy leading into the GF giving Archer as his smokie for the Norm Smith. Guess who's then in the Norm Smith selection group probably wanting to demonstrate their own footy nouse?

Not saying Archer was undeserving but Corey was instrumental on the day and was probably robbed of 3x awards during his career as a result.

You could mount a case for McKernan for 1999 too thanks to his 2nd quarter minutes of madness that blew the game open.
McKernan deserved the NS for this spike into the forward line (0:58) alone

It’s just a very random weird one. Like for one thing, why Geelong??
Maybe because he grew up there. Geelong is the team I despise the most and I will be filthy if he goes there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back