AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets

Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Poor Brad, you would have to question yourself after all these coaching jobs floating around and not getting asked to interview for any of them.

I did hear Gerard on SEN say when he broke the story that Brad was going to work for the AFL that he was approached by Carlton, Saints and Freo however he was unsure if he wanted to coach again and that they should move forward with the process without him being involved.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I did hear Gerard on SEN say when he broke the story that Brad was going to work for the AFL that he was approached by Carlton, Saints and Freo however he was unsure if he wanted to coach again and that they should move forward with the process without him being involved.

Oh yeh, sure he was. And clubs like Carlton just love taking no as an answer.

So in summary he had lots of interest in club land but somehow ended up at home of them.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Poor Brad, you would have to question yourself after all these coaching jobs floating around and not getting asked to interview for any of them.

Brad was interested in some of the coaching vacancies, but felt his record spoke for its self and he didn't need to be interviewed ( is what I heard), I think the clubs without a coach agreed his record spoke for its self and didn't interview him.

He's not a good coach.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Brad was interested in some of the coaching vacancies, but felt his record spoke for its self and he didn't need to be interviewed ( is what I heard), I think the clubs without a coach agreed his record spoke for its self and didn't interview him.

He's not a good coach.

How accurate is this accurate one?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How accurate is this accurate one?

Am comfortable with my comments, I had a 20 minute chat about Scott and why the * he was kept on for ten years. ?

Why he didn't feel it necessary for the players to practice skills? Why he missed training sessions? When did the alarm bells start ringing ? And was the person in charge of listening out for alarm bells deaf?

How could we let him waffle on for over an hour before the game and lose the players or have them asking what certain words meant? And how come Joyce was referred to as Brad's secretary when he was meant to be his boss?

Scott's a wannabe academic is the gist of it all.

Only one 'c' in acurate mate

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Am comfortable with my comments, I had a 20 minute chat about Scott and why the fu** he was kept on for ten years. ?

Why he didn't feel it necessary for the players to practice skills? Why he missed training sessions? When did the alarm bells start ringing ? And was the person in charge of listening out for alarm bells deaf?

How could we let him waffle on for over an hour before the game and lose the players or have them asking what certain words meant? And how come Joyce was referred to as Brad's secretary when he was meant to be his boss?

Scott's a wannabe academic is the gist of it all.

Only one 'c' in acurate mate

Lots of questions and no answers...what were some of the answers?

I think the arrogance in both Scotts is obvious fwiw, but are you really suggesting that an AFL Coach was sitting waiting for a Call?

And you can’t spell

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Lots of questions and no answers...what were some of the answers?

I think the arrogance in both Scotts is obvious fwiw, but are you really suggesting that an AFL Coach was sitting waiting for a Call?

And you can’t spell
Maybe the poster is a curate.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People need to move on now. Brad tried his best during a difficult time to rebuild a team.

It was time for a change, but dont act like he brought nothing to the role or the club.

Focus on the future. Shaw looks like a breath of fresh air. I think the new coach and new philosophies will challenge some guys in ways that they havent been before which should encourage growth.

Im excited. 👍

People need to move on now. Brad tried his best during a difficult time to rebuild a team.

It was time for a change, but dont act like he brought nothing to the role or the club.

Focus on the future. Shaw looks like a breath of fresh air. I think the new coach and new philosophies will challenge some guys in ways that they havent been before which should encourage growth.

Im excited. 👍
I'm excited too, the future looks bright.

However, let's not perpetuate the myth that Brad was there during a "difficult time". He wasn't. The majority of the hard work was done on Laidley's watch. Brad came in and basically got whatever he wanted e.g. state of the art facilities and a blank cheque for the latest in sports science support and to pursue the best out of contact players and free agents in the comp. This was all against the back drop of stable administration and a strong and sustainable debt reduction program.

The reality is that Brad wasn't up to it and was exceptionally lucky to get such a long run as coach. And he still had the temerity to state that he'll "always do what's right for the club" while negotiating a deal whereby he'll be soaking up a few hundred grand of our soft cap next year.

Bring on 2020 and let's see what we can do with a real footy person rather than a glorified property spruiker as coach.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

However, let's not perpetuate the myth that Brad was there during a "difficult time". He wasn't. The majority of the hard work was done on Laidley's watch. Brad came in and basically got whatever he wanted e.g. state of the art facilities and a blank cheque for the latest in sports science support and to pursue the best out of contact players and free agents in the comp. This was all against the back drop of stable administration and a strong and sustainable debt reduction program.

The reality is that Brad wasn't up to it and was exceptionally lucky to get such a long run as coach. And he still had the temerity to state that he'll "always do what's right four the club" while negotiating a deal whereby he'll be soaking up a few hundred grand of our soft cap next year.

Bring on 2020 and let's see what we can do with a real footy person rather than a glorified property spruiker as coach.
Reminds me of something a Facebook founder said about one of his colleagues:

He did more than people think he did, but less than he thinks he did.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was

The reality is that Brad wasn't up to it and was exceptionally lucky to get such a long run as coach. And he still had the temerity to state that he'll "always do what's right four the club" while negotiating a deal whereby he'll be soaking up a few hundred grand of our soft cap next year.

I was referring to the compromised drafts and dilution of available talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back