Opinion Commentary & Media III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Am comfortable with my comments, I had a 20 minute chat about Scott and why the fu** he was kept on for ten years. ?

Why he didn't feel it necessary for the players to practice skills? Why he missed training sessions? When did the alarm bells start ringing ? And was the person in charge of listening out for alarm bells deaf?

How could we let him waffle on for over an hour before the game and lose the players or have them asking what certain words meant? And how come Joyce was referred to as Brad's secretary when he was meant to be his boss?

Scott's a wannabe academic is the gist of it all.

Only one 'c' in acurate mate

I noticed that as each year went on he was less and less out on the ground at training. I don’t get down to watch training much but I have always gone a few times through the season every year. I didn’t see him once this year.

I’ve wondered though, did he watch it from the balcony? There’s also a drone they have, do you know if he watched from that?

I noticed that as each year went on he was less and less out on the ground at training. I don’t get down to watch training much but I have always gone a few times through the season every year. I didn’t see him once this year.

I’ve wondered though, did he watch it from the balcony? There’s also a drone they have, do you know if he watched from that?

Would need to be a bloody big drone.

Am comfortable with my comments, I had a 20 minute chat about Scott and why the fu** he was kept on for ten years. ?

Why he didn't feel it necessary for the players to practice skills? Why he missed training sessions? When did the alarm bells start ringing ? And was the person in charge of listening out for alarm bells deaf?

How could we let him waffle on for over an hour before the game and lose the players or have them asking what certain words meant? And how come Joyce was referred to as Brad's secretary when he was meant to be his boss?

Scott's a wannabe academic is the gist of it all.

Only one 'c' in acurate mate
Are you saying the infamous naps before games weren't planned? Did Scotts just bore them to sleep?

From some article somewhere;)

Jay Clark

North Melbourne has overhauled its coaching department and is on the hunt for a new list manager for next season.

The Kangaroos have appointed former Collingwood and Carlton star and Darley coach Heath Scotland to a development role.

Ex-Roo tough nut Leigh Adams will also join the club in a development position.

There will also be two new faces in the divisional line coaching ranks, with long-time Melbourne assistant coach Jade Rawlings coming on as new midfield coach.

Jared Moore will be in charge of stoppages.

Former Hawk Brendan Whitecross will be promoted from a development position into a line coaching position at North.

The changes round out the moves will which will significantly revamp North's coaching box for 2020 under new senior coach Rhyce Shaw.

List chief Michael McMahon, who arrived at the club from Geelong Cats, will leave at the end of the exchange period.

McMahon arrived at the club in 2016 but the Roos have been unable to land a big-name star recruit in-line with its strategy over the past three years.

North Melbourne’s new footy boss Brady Rawlings is orchestrating the changes while he continues in his role as West Coast list manager.

North poached Rawlings from the Eagles mid-year to head up its football department.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
List chief Michael McMahon, who arrived at the club from Geelong Cats, will leave at the end of the exchange period.

A bit like the Joyce situation, hope we have someone else calling the trade shots then. Someone who has just been given their notice is not who you want setting the strategy and targets for the list management team.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A bit like the Joyce situation, hope we have someone else calling the trade shots then. Someone who has just been given their notice is not who you want setting the strategy and targets for the list management team.

Surely. It’s a bit weird to keep them around. I imagine they’re sitting there in the meetings not saying much. They’ve been let go because they didn’t work out so I’m not sure the powers that be would take suggestions from them seriously.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
From some article somewhere;)

Jay Clark

North Melbourne has overhauled its coaching department and is on the hunt for a new list manager for next season.

The Kangaroos have appointed former Collingwood and Carlton star and Darley coach Heath Scotland to a development role.

Ex-Roo tough nut Leigh Adams will also join the club in a development position.

There will also be two new faces in the divisional line coaching ranks, with long-time Melbourne assistant coach Jade Rawlings coming on as new midfield coach.

Jared Moore will be in charge of stoppages.

Former Hawk Brendan Whitecross will be promoted from a development position into a line coaching position at North.

The changes round out the moves will which will significantly revamp North's coaching box for 2020 under new senior coach Rhyce Shaw.

McMahon arrived at the club in 2016 but the Roos have been unable to land a big-name star recruit in-line with its strategy over the past three years.

North Melbourne’s new footy boss Brady Rawlings is orchestrating the changes while he continues in his role as West Coast list manager.

North poached Rawlings from the Eagles mid-year to head up its football department.
What? Brady has been able to get around the start date delay?

What? Brady has been able to get around the start date delay?

I have no idea however;

My guess is that he’s ok with recruiting externals but no ok being involved with the draft process st all.

I read that he had been integral to their draft strategy which had lead to their overall position.

So external coaches etc may be deemed harmless to WC IP

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have no doubt that Brady is sticking to his contract timeframe with the Wiggles.

And, in unrelated news, the Rawlings family are now getting together for family dinners on a very regular basis, with Jade full of ideas about the direction of North and Brady avoiding getting involved in discussion, simply nodding, frowning, or shrugging in response...

Happy for Whitecross. From the little I’ve seen I think he has ‘it’
Certainly good at ground level, calm, composed and easy to understand.

domiroo

It’s a big kick it’s long kick it’s a goal .....
Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Catanzaro / Manchester City
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Certainly good at ground level, calm, composed and easy to understand.

I’m a bit of a sucker for first impressions. I Was down there one day and he was working with one of our young tall defenders. Once match sim started most of the coaches stood together on the wing (no s**t seemingly just having a chat) Whitecross stood about 5 meters off them towards the back half with a keen eye on the player he was just working with. From memory he was filthy with the young fella, he got out positioned and one of our talls took a contested mark against him that he had no right to take. There was something about the way Whitecross didn’t get sucked into hanging with the snr coaches and the way he worked with the young fella that just made me respect him straight away.

Mind, this is just me watching one training session. Could be different on another day, but I trust my judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back