Opinion Commentary & Media III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a bit of a sucker for first impressions. I Was down there one day and he was working with one of our young tall defenders. Once match sim started most of the coaches stood together on the wing (no s**t seemingly just having a chat) Whitecross stood about 5 meters off them towards the back half with a keen eye on the player he was just working with. From memory he was filthy with the young fella, he got out positioned and one of our talls took a contested mark against him that he had no right to take. There was something about the way Whitecross didn’t get sucked into hanging with the snr coaches and the way he worked with the young fella that just made me respect him straight away.

Mind, this is just me watching one training session. Could be different on another day, but I trust my judgment.
Have seen him instruct/coach a junior AFL player and a moment later demand better from a senior VFL player without demeaning him. Very good man management, and a nice fella :)

Don’t they all do it? Media organisations, Clubs, s**t I’ve even heard about players that compete in the GF sprint just to get tickets to sell. It’s out of control
Not all of them do it as a business though.

Jabba is lower than a snakes belly.

Really I thought it was quite a s**t article we had heaps of injuries and some to our younger player . Eg scott EVW . Any way crap article ..

Pretty meh, overall. True, we’ve tended to be a mid-table team over the duration and that’s a problem for us. The rest of the article states a load of stats that, basically, could be either positive or negative for us. In true modern day “not sitting on the fence” tradition, he ultimately declares them all as negatives. I believe our injury issues throughout the year has been understated. Also, it’s quite clear we have taken major steps to address our issues already. The “dud drafting” tag appears to have been addressed, given our 4 Rising Star nominations... All in all, this is a fair “practice effort” by a “hopes to be” future reporter/sports journalist.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SEN has just reported Don Pyke has stepped down as coach of Adelaide.

Don Pyke steps down as coach of Adelaide

Don Pyke has stepped down as coach of the Adelaide Football Club, the Crows announced on Thursday afternoon.
The club said his decision was unrelated to the current external and internal reviews into their football department, after the Crows missed the finals this year.
“It has been an absolute privilege and joy to coach this Club and I have loved my time here trying to achieve great things with our players for our Members and fans,” Pyke told the Crows' website.
“I came here with the aim of helping our players to individually and collectively be the best they can be and this has been my driving force.
“It has been a wonderful ride with some great memories and unfortunately some sad times, but now it is clear to me it is my time to move on knowing I have given my all.
“This decision has been extraordinarily difficult to reach but vital for me is the Club and playing group being able to move forward, and the health and happiness of important people in my life.”

SEN has just reported Don Pyke has stepped down as coach of Adelaide.

Don Pyke steps down as coach of Adelaide

Don Pyke has stepped down as coach of the Adelaide Football Club, the Crows announced on Thursday afternoon.
The club said his decision was unrelated to the current external and internal reviews into their football department, after the Crows missed the finals this year.
“It has been an absolute privilege and joy to coach this Club and I have loved my time here trying to achieve great things with our players for our Members and fans,” Pyke told the Crows' website.
“I came here with the aim of helping our players to individually and collectively be the best they can be and this has been my driving force.
“It has been a wonderful ride with some great memories and unfortunately some sad times, but now it is clear to me it is my time to move on knowing I have given my all.
“This decision has been extraordinarily difficult to reach but vital for me is the Club and playing group being able to move forward, and the health and happiness of important people in my life.”
Afl.com stating he was sacked

Afl.com stating he was sacked
BREAKING: Don Pyke 'steps down' at Crows
95ee7411ea4c69ccff869bd71e17bfa0

Ben Broad
Massive news in Adelaide, with the Crows announcing Don Pyke is stepping down as senior coach – with two years remaining on a contract.
The Crows today announced Pyke, who coached the club for four seasons and took them to the 2017 grand final, was stepping down.
“It has been an absolute privilege and joy to coach this Club and I have loved my time here trying to achieve great things with our players for our Members and fans,” Pyke said.

pyke-1.jpg

Crows Chairman Rob Chapman said Pyke raised the prospect of stepping aside about a fortnight ago.
“First and foremost, Don is a quality person of high integrity who is driven by strong values, but he is also a talented coach and leader,” Chapman said.
“He took charge of the team at the end of 2015 as everyone in the Crows family was emerging from the most tragic of circumstances and he led with compassion, while bringing a thorough approach and driving high standards both on and off the field.
“Coaching is a very demanding career and we not only thank him but also his family- to his wife Jodie and daughters Ashton and Chandler- for sharing their husband and father in recent years. We wish them the very best for the future.”
Crows CEO Andrew Fagan paid tribute to Pyke for his efforts with the group over four seasons.
“Don has given his all to the club and his work ethic, competitiveness and love for footy is immense, and we will always be grateful for the positive contribution he has made,” Fagan said.
“This industry demands that you move quickly and the search for a replacement now begins in earnest, and we will use the learnings and reflections gleaned from the current internal and external reviews to ensure we find the best possible candidate to steer us into a new era.”
Pyke's departure comes after the Crows commissioned a review into the club's footy department following successive years of missing the finals.
Adelaide endured a miserable 2018 – headlined by a pre-season camp gone wrong – but there was hopes they would bounce back up the ladder in 2019.
That never eventuated, another wasted season sparking calls for change.
Captain Taylor Walker has already stepped aside from his role, while others – such as fan favourite Eddie Betts – will seek a new environment when the trade period starts.

Just saw a poster on the Richmond board saying it would be ridiculous to say North could win a flag within 3 years.

It seems that they have short memories. Just 2 years before they won their last one, our pretty average list was sending them on their arses in the first week of finals. Hell, nobody thought the Bulldogs would even make the Grand Final a month before they won it.

Making predictions beyond a few weeks in footy is simply guesswork.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Is Pyke someone we could look at to fulfill that mentor/director coaching (or whatever it is) role that Shaw seems to want, or is he irretrievably tainted by what's happened at the Crows the last two years?

rooboyy

Debutant
Aug 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just saw a poster on the Richmond board saying it would be ridiculous to say North could win a flag within 3 years.

It seems that they have short memories. Just 2 years before they won their last one, our pretty average list was sending them on their arses in the first week of finals. Hell, nobody thought the Bulldogs would even make the Grand Final a month before they won it.

Making predictions beyond a few weeks in footy is simply guesswork.
Richmond supporters should be the last ones to say what teams can and can’t make finals. lol

Well they don't need to play this week so unfortunately they can gloat.

Lol. What would we have thought if someone had posted in October 1999 that it would be ridiculous for someone to suggest that North Melbourne wouldn’t win a flag in the next 20 years?!

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lol. What would we have thought if someone had posted in October 1999 that it would be ridiculous for someone to suggest that North Melbourne wouldn’t win a flag in the next 20 years?!

Rightfully so, we'd call out their s**t.

Unfortunately... things happened but your point is taken.

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dilena has stepped down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back