Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If certain folks are getting bent out of shape about what others supporters think of our club, then they ****ed up when they chose North.

Personally, as a self acknowledged a-hole, I love it, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Backs to the wall, and * 'em all!

I've made no secret of the fact that im a new to afl and being to an Aussie resident but for me my fantasy ideal scenario is this:

Step one: Give shaw and his gallery of rogues a few months to properly develop and expand on the individual strengths of the team , get the fitness and skills training up. I don't know how many people follow our boys on Instagram but its been a lot of gym sessions and hanging out together - i feel like we have a very motivated group of guys who genuinely care about and enjoy each other . that sort of team first attitude will go far next year

Step 2: make finals and do it with style. Our young guys have a lot of personality and if they keep going up in skills and ability the media will love them - eg- zurhaar, larkey and Thomas.

step 3 Develop the drafts we pick up from 2019 that we refused to let go of
Step 4 take advantage of a lot of player contracts from other clubs expiring and tight cap spaces on 2020 trade,
use our growing currency to lure established players in where needed -after a thorough and honest assessment of where the playing group is- i also understand this is a multi year prospect, leveling up takes time .

Our list manager and others will be fully entreched by end of next year - i am happy for the club to take time to pick the best they can to fill the vacant roles

I understand this is a simple view and that factors like our 4 home tassie games and historically shitty fixtures will make for a tough season - however if we are truly a shinboner club and if we have a bit of luck i think the guys can handle it and be one of the last "hard" clubs of this era

Last edited:

I think many are disappointed in losing the chase rather than missing the player.
Agree. Also happy to defer to one of our board’s premier shoulder slumpers.

I've made no secret of the fact that im a new to afl and being to an Aussie resident but for me my fantasy ideal scenario is this:

Step one: Give shaw and his gallery of rogues a few months to properly develop and expand on the individual strengths of the team , get the fitness and skills training up. I don't know how many people follow our boys on Instagram but its been a lot of gym sessions and hanging out together - i feel like we have a very motivated group of guys who genuinely care about and enjoy each other . that sort of team first attitude will go far next year

Step 2: make finals and do it with style. Our young guys have a lot of personality and if they keep going up in skills and ability the media will love them - eg- zurhaar, larkey and Thomas.

step 3 Develop the drafts we pick up from 2019 that we refused to let go of
Step 4 take advantage of a lot of player contracts from other clubs expiring and tight cap spaces on 2020 trade,
use our growing currency to lure established players in where needed -after a thorough and honest assessment of where the playing group is- i also understand this is a multi year prospect, leveling up takes time .

Our list manager and others will be fully entreched by end of next year - i am happy for the club to take time to pick the best they can to fill the vacant roles

I understand this is a simple view and that factors like our 4 home tassie games and historically shitty fixtures will make for a tough season - however if we are truly a shinboner club and if we have a bit of luck i think the guys can handle it and be one of the last "hard" clubs of this era
For a newbie you are doing well!

i dont know that we dodged one but if reports of half a mill a year is true it definately would have been overs. another KPP backman would have been nice but its just a distraction from the requirement some more midfield pace.

"The collective slumping of shoulders from Roos fans needs to stop." - Marc McGowan in a comment on Twitter re trade week and missing D Howard.

Spot on Marc
I like Marc but his headline in the same tweet said ‘North miss out on Howard’

He garners the attention and reaction just like all journos and he’s not any different.

Giving Pick 27 and a future 2nd plus a 500k contract to defender playing SANFL isn’t missing out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My search skills aren't up to scratch, but it would be interesting if someone could produce the full list of his Sliding Doors for the last couple of years and demonstrate that 100% of the North ones have been negative.

Damo is a pathetic little bitch.

I was actually thinking the same last week and now he's gone again.

My search skills aren't up to scratch, but it would be interesting if someone could produce the full list of his Sliding Doors for the last couple of years and demonstrate that 100% of the North ones have been negative.

Damo is a pathetic little bitch.
From a quick glance he hasn't been that close to 100% this year. Talked up Thomo, Brown, Grieg and TT in the last 4 months.

He'd be tracking at about 75% negativity this year, so yep, he's a pathetic little bitch.

From a quick glance he hasn't been that close to 100% this year. Talked up Thomo, Brown, Grieg and TT in the last 4 months.

He'd be tracking at about 75% negativity this year, so yep, he's a pathetic little bitch.

Cheers. I was blinded by my confirmation bias.

We can all still agree on the undeniable fact that he's a pathetic little bitch.

IF Thomo, Brown and TT played in a better team...

THEN they would have made finals.

I’m not concerned about Damo’s or the media’s view on our success in trading this year. It is not clear how ‘into’ we were really with Papley and Howard. I know Rhyce mentioned Howard but I get the feeling that Shaw will back the list we have at the moment and focus on galvanising the group.

Except for top end talent, most players on AFL lists are equally talented. Success comes down to having a well balanced list, a well drilled team and a hunger for success. Only the list can be solved through the draft. Despite missing on Howard, if EVW and Daw are right, we have defensive talls covered, and if they don’t, Shaw will back himself to get more out of Durdin and or McKay, either of whom could still turn out to be 150 game players.

The other notable gap is a crafty small forward. Unfortunately, there aren’t too many Camerons, Betts or Tipungwutis around. But we have as dynamic a forward mix in the comp as anyone with Brown, Larkey, Wood, Zurhaar, Garner, Thomas so I think we can still thrive up forward.

The big fish and trade tactics of the last few years whilst not so subtlety disrespecting his own list, were a mask for Brad Scott to cover his own deficiencies as a coach and/or an act of desperation.

Time will tell with Rhyce, but as with Scott when he first started, his focus should be on his method and get the most out of the 30 or so players he has at his disposal.

Finally, people can get upset about St Kilda’s potential trade bounty - their list needs more work than ours. The only player they are potentially getting that walks straight into our side is Brad Hill.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IF we had continued to feed Damo all the information the club wanted private...

THEN he wouldn't be such a whiny f***er nowadays.

IF JB could have (1) chosen his friends better and (2) kept his big mouth shut when he was president

THEN the little bitch wouldn't have felt so entitled in the first place

Restoration Australia featuring a gasworks building overlooking the club and oval.

Restoration Australia featuring a gasworks building overlooking the club and oval.
It’s a repeat, it was discussed briefly a few months ago. The curtain was unanimously panned but some of the other design aspects I quite liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back