Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God,

Channel 7 would be brain dead not to replace Daisy with Neroli.

But I'm sure that wont happen.

Shes arguably the best female footy journo out there. What the hell is Fox thinking..

Other networks must be licking their lips...
Neroli hosted the footy show at the start of the season and had to renegotiate her contract to do so.
Take it this didn’t sit well with FOXTEL and they’ve chopped her once the season was over.
I suspect she must have another gig lined up. Why else would the HS lead with the story of axing her and dumping her. It’s all to discredit

Cleanout at 3AW? Average age of about 67.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The bigger worry is the want of Macquarie to network programs. Melbourne and Sydney are such different markets there is no one size fits all. 3AW, like it or not, has been the most dominant rating station for more than 30 years. Whenever past owners have tried to network Sydney radio into Melbourne it has failed. Every single time. Same with other radio stations that have tried to take on the 3AW format with programming from Sydney. 3AW is an advertising cash cow but if they continue to try and network it there will be problems.

Neroli hosted the footy show at the start of the season and had to renegotiate her contract to do so.
Take it this didn’t sit well with FOXTEL and they’ve chopped her once the season was over.
I suspect she must have another gig lined up. Why else would the HS lead with the story of axing her and dumping her. It’s all to discredit
Spot on - a very unwise choice by Neroli. Signed her own termination with that move.

Why gk? I'm not across all of this.
You can't work for two TV channels. Fox let her go do The Footy Show - relaxed her contract. All of a sudden they realise she isn't the most important anchor they have. Footy Show failure 'damaged the brand'. I like her work. Hope she is picked up by one of the real networks.

You can't work for two TV channels. Fox let her go do The Footy Show - relaxed her contract. All of a sudden they realise she isn't the most important anchor they have. Footy Show failure 'damaged the brand'. I like her work. Hope she is picked up by one of the real networks.

Agree, she'd be great at Channel 10 when they win the next rights

Sam Pang has successfully worked for two different networks for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Pang has successfully worked for two different networks for a while.
I see where you're coming from, but he's paid by production companies that on-sell the product to the networks. Bit different to being employed directly by the network.

"Real networks" is a very dated concept though. Fading media goliaths desperately clinging to a sense of relevance while streaming services take away all of their audience.

"Real networks" is a very dated concept though. Fading media goliaths desperately clinging to a sense of relevance while streaming services take away all of their audience.
Maybe I should have said real free to air networks but I get your point.

"You are trapped in a room and only have 3 bullets.."
Caro Whateley and Waleed

The reasons being the first two are flogs on and away from the camera.

Waleed I find just cant shake the pompous I went to Wesley college persona.

Molloy apparently isn’t too bad away from the camera and Eddie grew up in Broadmeadows in the same vain.

Caro Whateley and Waleed

Molloy apparently isn’t too bad away from the camera and Eddie grew up in Broadmeadows in the same vain.

APPROVED.

You may fire at will.

Caro Whateley and Waleed

Don't agree re Caro. As much as I dislike her North hatred she is actually a nice enough person in real life. Have worked with her (indirectly) at one stage of my career and she was fine. Don't know Whateley, and Eddie is another bloke who is very good to work with. Only done a few events with Eddie over the years but always a very generous bloke to perform with.

Shes arguably the best female footy journo out there. What the hell is Fox thinking..

What does being female have to do with anything?

I have no particular like or dislike for Meadows as a media performer, when she is weighed up against her peers.

Contemporary AFL media people predominately consists of scripted, sterilised zombies, exhibiting very little in the way of any individual analytical point of difference, and Meadows certainly sits amongst the ranks of that lot.

As I have stated already, I have no issue with her getting the flick, what I do question is how 20 other plastic automatons didn't get the flick with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back