Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working for Lenny's cousin when that happened. Huge North fan. Came in on Monday morning and said "I told him to watch out for Arch!"

Lenny himself was saying last night that while he grew up in Sydney at a time when AFL was followed by very few locals “my dad was a North Melbourne fanatic” and he’d take little Lenny to watch Swans and North games at the SCG. What could have been!

What I found hilarious about some of our round 1 media reports was that North won't win many games scoring 54 points yet the Saints scored less but they'll be okay because.

On the other hand, I have seen a couple of media reports stating that North had the best win of Round 1. It’s not all bad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Where are these reports? I would love to read them

I think it was last Sunday’s Age that did a rundown of all the teams. It stated that North were unlucky that subsequent events had overshadowed the best victory of Round 1 - words to that effect.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers

Blast from the past. My first ever final, thank you Sammy Wright, your one act changed the momentum of the game and from there it became possible.

(Oh and fu** you Judd for ruining his shoulder you prick)

Are you getting mixed up with Leigh Adams having his shoulder dislocated by Judd?

I think Sammy’s career, albeit an accumulation of various injuries, was cut short due to ankle/foot problems.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are you getting mixed up with Leigh Adams having his shoulder dislocated by Judd?

I think Sammy’s career, albeit an accumulation of various injuries, was cut short due to ankle/foot problems.
You could be right there.

Either way, I was at the game and the comeback was electric. Especially as my wife and daughter are * supporters, and they were there too.

A perfect night.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Some decent points mixed in with some utter bullshit and lack of understanding of the list and where it's at.

Needs to do a bit more research. Should make a good footy journalist.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

TheRoar I never put the same amount of criticism into as its more open in terms of content and contributors, its usually pretty good.

I reckon it's more than a good chance that the commenter "Jesse" posts on this board. If you're reading this - great work, absolutely nailed it :thumbsu:

I reckon there could be a few guys on here that are on TheRoar. It has heaps of Nth content which is good :thumbsu:
Feel free to publicly endorse yourself guys, happy to give you additional reads/comments/even content to help you along :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back