Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ******* hate that piece of s**t rag. Imagine for a second that we were up Shawrys ass asking him for a response re his future, etc as he recuperates? The headline would have hammered us.

Clearly Rhyce has asked for an extended leave of absence and we have stuck by his wishes. When Rhyce is ready and only when he is ready he will communicate with the Benz directly or via his manager. This is utter trash.

* that paper man

Correct me if I'm wrong but Brad Scott was only contracted to the end of the 2020 season and so any payout would surely end after the 2020 season. I sure hope we can cope with financial hit of paying him for one more week.

Whateleys highest achievement in sport is defeating his dog in a game of Totem tennis when he was twelve years old, and now he wants to dispense advice like some Swami Rama sitting atop a mountain.
What a total spank rag.
That cant be true.. was the dog blind?..

This blunt take on the story is putting a different spin on the situation than the full article in their own publication actually does.

This version has the club being able to 'cope with the financial hit' whereas the full article says "The Roos, which will remarkably declare an eighth straight profit despite the COVID crisis, are believed to be extremely comfortable with the amount they will pay to move on staff." Quite a difference between being able to cope with a situation and being extremely comfortable with one.

"The Roos haven't spoken to Shaw in weeks" and the "without having had meaningful contact with Shaw for several weeks" angle is a much more negative take on events. Compare that to the more balanced and nuanced take in the article which states that "The Roos continue to work as hard as they can to support Shaw, who remains away from the club after taking an indefinite period of personal leave.
The club must now consider the delicate process of working to replace Shaw, ideally by the AFL trade period, without having had much meaningful contact with him in recent weeks.
It means the club is not fully aware of his progress after time away from the club."

Correct me if I'm wrong but Brad Scott was only contracted to the end of the 2020 season and so any payout would surely end after the 2020 season. I sure hope we can cope with financial hit of paying him for one more week.

Brad Scott agreed to split his payment over the next three years to assist the club

This blunt take on the story is putting a different spin on the situation than the full article in their own publication actually does.

This version has the club being able to 'cope with the financial hit' whereas the full article says "The Roos, which will remarkably declare an eighth straight profit despite the COVID crisis, are believed to be extremely comfortable with the amount they will pay to move on staff." Quite a difference between being able to cope with a situation and being extremely comfortable with one.

"The Roos haven't spoken to Shaw in weeks" and the "without having had meaningful contact with Shaw for several weeks" angle is a much more negative take on events. Compare that to the more balanced and nuanced take in the article which states that "The Roos continue to work as hard as they can to support Shaw, who remains away from the club after taking an indefinite period of personal leave.
The club must now consider the delicate process of working to replace Shaw, ideally by the AFL trade period, without having had much meaningful contact with him in recent weeks.
It means the club is not fully aware of his progress after time away from the club."

There's only so much tip toeing that can be afforded.

Ultimately Rhyce has to make a call, and very soon.

Unfortunately as head coach this is so true. No doubt we will be ridiculed whatever the decision

Oh * them.

Rhyce has to be instructed by the club to report his position, and I dare say that has already happened.

Alistair Clarkson on 360 before talking about Shaw and the tough gig of coaching in general.

He then rattled off a few names and said something like “... hope he puts his hat into the ring for the job”

The connection was bad though and I couldn’t hear the name. Who was he recommending?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Land grab = recruiting zones.
Yeah I didn’t read it like that at all. To me, he just used the term land grab, figuratively, as in trying to hold a bigger piece of the pie and using your current power to manipulate things. Which on the face of it makes more sense. All these big clubs give a s**t about is themselves.
You know that old saying mate, “always back self interest, because at least ya know it’s trying”

Alistair Clarkson on 360 before talking about Shaw and the tough gig of coaching in general.

He then rattled off a few names and said something like “... hope he puts his hat into the ring for the job”

The connection was bad though and I couldn’t hear the name. Who was he recommending?

I assume it was Voss.

If I had a job in the AFL media and thank * I dont as I would be unemployed - I would research the * out of a topic before running my mouth on it.
Relocation, finances, the opinions are so misinformed its actually amazing that none of these ex-footballers and journos do any research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back