Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this, giantroo, but for some reason, I can’t get this video to play. Anyone care to give a rundown of it, please?

They were talking about coaches & stress, Clarkson mentioned Ratten, Voss, Primus & Hird, then there was a break in the audio and he stated that he's been in the media and I hope he gets another crack at it.

It's highly likely he was referring to Voss.

Other than that it was the generic drivel.

It was a good overview and I suspect we are going to do the same next year, hence the short contracts. Don't be surprised if another 10-12 get the arse in a years time. We will not getting s**t players from other clubs. Our core will be lead by Ziebell next year because the guy bleeds for the club (Rad Roo) he sets the standard for the younger players and ensures what is expected of them. If this the bottom, look out in the next couple of years.

Brisbane won five games in 2018.

They have made the last two prelims.

Five years is crazy and Riewoldt’s ‘ten years of irrelevance’ is certifiably insane.
Roo’s been sniffing his own farts for waaaaaay too long. Good player, great tank and good pair of hands.....couldn’t kick for s**t. Seems to be forgotten how flakey this bloke was in front of goals.

Relocation aside, it’s a good comparison with Brisbane, to show how you can turn things around quickly if you make the right decisions.

Agreed. Things are nowhere near as calamitous as some want the worried to believe. But Riewoldt's point wasn't without merit. The 10 Brisbane names listed were generally considerably younger than the North ones. We have to get just about everything right.

Laughed when I heard that question and Jennings was polite enough to not retort with "if you have to ask that question then you obviously have no idea about how a football club operates"

I recall when Whateley was commenting on the Mabior Chol groping incident, he said something like:

“Is this how people behave in a footy club?

I wouldn’t know, I’ve never been involved with any footy clubs”

That said it all for me.

• not in favour of groping if any do-gooders are offended

If anyone is missing a blue velour curtain, Caro appears to be wearing it tonight.

Rhyce Shaw reckons he was under pressure in 2020. Not as much pressure as the castors on Hutchy's chair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Five years is crazy and Riewoldt’s ‘ten years of irrelevance’ is certifiably insane.

If you look at our under 22s it looks like we have been rebuilding for a couple of years already. This rebuild is on the back of two good drafts LDU and Tarryn’s with what may have been a misstep with Polec, Hall and Tyson.

2021 and at worst 2022 will get us where we need to be.

It’s a old sentiment I know, but it’s something that has stayed with me. A parent’s job is to make themselves redundant.
To a point yeah, but not necessarily by 18.

Part of a parents job is looking after grandkids as well.

"This isn't a two year rebuild, we're looking at a four, five year, like the Brisbane Lions"

Last time I checked they finished top two in Fagan's third season. It literally was a two-year rebuild.
Sorry, but this is nonsense. Brisbane were rebuilding for a decade before Fagan arrived and the players on the list when he arrived are a key part of where they are at now.

We still have some senior players to go and they will need to be replaced. So, whilst we have a good young group coming through, we will need to get a fair few of them into their mid-20s before we are challenging again.

And by “challenging” I mean a genuine shot at the flag. I think we are looking at a couple of years in the bottom 6, hopefully finals in 2023 and, if we’ve recruited well over 21-22 and targeted the right trade acquisitions, be in contention by 24-25.

Riewoldts 10 years of irrelevance sums up St Kilda while he was there. Its deeply ingrained into his psyche.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

3 players have opted out of GWS and 2 of those that they were desperate to keep and confident that they would do so.

2 of * big-name players want out at any cost with rumours there are more that aren't happy.

Let's have another crack at North for doing what we all thought they needed to do for the past few years.

Nmfc is called a basket case but never lose any players they want to keep.
Go figure 🙄

Relocation aside, it’s a good comparison with Brisbane, to show how you can turn things around quickly if you make the right decisions.
Port Adelaide is as good a comparison. Went all in with Watts, Motlop and Rockliff a few years back. It wasn't working by the end of 2018, so they did a complete flip and hit paydirt with Rozee, Butters and Duursma. Still finished tenth last year after getting knocked out of the finals race by apparently one of the biggest basket cases since University in 1912, a win spearheaded no less by some dud only worth a third round draft pick after kicking 10 goals, but they were still able to rocket to the top of the ladder this year. They prove it can turn quickly if you keep your head and nail the draft.

Last edited:
3 players have opted out of GWS and 2 of those that they were desperate to keep and confident that they would do so.

2 of * big-name players want out at any cost with rumours there are more that aren't happy.

Let's have another crack at North for doing what we all thought they needed to do for the past few years.

Interestingly, nobody mentions that not one player has walked out on North. Not BBB, not Higgins, not even Polec.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And by mid year I distinctly remember Fagan getting grilled on the debacle that it was on radio.

Port Adelaide is as good a comparison. Went all in with Watts, Motlop and Rockliff a few years back. It wasn't working by the end of 2018, so they did a complete flip and hit paydirt with Rozee, Butters and Duursma. Still finished tenth last year after getting knocked out of the finals race by apparently one of the biggest basket cases since University in 1912, a win spearheaded no less by some dud only worthy of a third round draft pick after kicking 10 goals, but they were still able to rocket to the top of the ladder this year. They prove it can turn quickly if you keep your head and nail the draft.

This is absolute gold 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back