Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try it, with an open mind.
They certainly cheated against Port the other night.

Rozee was holding his arms out in front of him trying to run forward and you could see his jumper stretching out behind him. The ump said he was overplaying it or putting mayo on it or whatever.

Utter crap.

You do realise it’s not the first time a North guernsey has had pinstripes though, yeah?

I actually think it may be the third time... (correct me if I’m wrong anyone).

Out of interest, what is the “original jumper” in your eyes D_B?

I know there’s been various designs over the history of the club but for me it’s simply solid vertical stripes. I don’t mind if it’s predominantly white or royal blue but just give me the solid colour stripes.

Did anyone hear Hinkley interviewed on SEN this morning?
I was curious if Voss was discussed.

I heard most of it, Hinkley said Voss would be ready and a better coach this time around. But also said he thinks his comfortable where he is at the moment.
Obviously doesn’t want to lose him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard most of it, Hinkley said Voss would be ready and a better coach this time around. But also said he thinks his comfortable where he is at the moment.
Obviously doesn’t want to lose him.

He's probably looking after Voss's prospective contract interests, and Voss is in no position to dictate anything.

Just stay at Port.

He's probably looking after Voss's prospective contract interests, and Voss is in no position to dictate anything.

Just stay at Port.
[/QUOTE

I back Brady and Co to make the appointment that best suits our club.
Even though I must admit if you’d have said Voss a couple of years ago it wouldn’t have sat well but looking at port’s endeavour and game style It’s not a bad model to aspire to.

Open mind is easier after the fact.

Games are won and lost on key moments all the time, might need to revisit the previous plays leading up to a NicNat mark to win the game in another visit to Perth also.

Tell me. :rolleyes:

This applies equally to terrible umpiring decisions significantly impacting the momentum of the match and then being dismissed as having no impact due to later scores.

Football illiteracy 101.

Footy is a game of momentum.

Look At at the way frees for and against Port influenced momentum the other night. I sometimes wonder tho if part of the Tigers strategy is to crowd the umpires' view to lower the chance of umps clearly seeing infringements and throws etcetc. It might be an unintended side effect of swarming the ball too I spose.

Tell me. :rolleyes:

This applies equally to terrible umpiring decisions significantly impacting the momentum of the match and then being dismissed as having no impact due to later scores.

Football illiteracy 101.
you can go out and practice to affect those moments such as skill errors ans execution to improve them. umpiring decisions on the other hand you cant do anything about,
practicallity 101, concentrate on the areas you have an influence over rather than those you cannot.

For those whining about Ash Barty presenting the cup; some previous Richmond nominees:

1967- Sir Kenneth Luke (League President) 1969 - Sir Rohan Delacombe (Governor of Vic) 1973 - Sir Rohan Delacombe 1974 - Sir Henry Winneke (Governor of Vic) 1980 - Sir Henry Winneke 2017 - Matthew Richardson 2019 - Maureen Hafey

Since when did we turn into sour campaigners of the established order?

So basically all these examples are 40 years go, before they formed the current tradition? Relevance?

Richo is in line with getting a past great of the club or AFL, like has been the tradition for the last 25-30 years.

Maureen Hafey has an obvious connection with Richmond. I believe Kevin Sheedy was going to present GWS' in 2019.

Question: You obviously wouldn't care after the fact of winning the flag. But im sure when the dust settled and it came to light, you would be disappointed if Barty got the nod to present our cup ahead of one of Stevo, Archer or Cable etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back