Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it’s drawing a fairly long bow to question our commitment to Maj. We were pretty supportive for a very long time.
Think Marley's point is after all that to let him go with barely a word. And if you think about it its poor, especially cos he was struggling in the hub and missed his kids first birthday. I flew home from my dad's deathbed to be with my youngest kid on her first birthday. (Dad hung one for me to get back next day too, cheers old man.)

Then again consodering how Rhyce finished the year and the strain he was under I also understand why things weren't necessarily up to standard. All up it has been a shitful year, not just on the footy front.

But in fairness we are taking what Marley said as gospel....it might have been 10-15 mins with Maj. Also, a hell of a lot can be said in 3 minutes. A convo is a 2 way street too. Some players might have sat there in silence. Maybe ya don’t keep talking if the recipient is quiet. I dunno, none of us do. Marley sounds a bit deluded and bitter IMO. Durds is kidn, I’m amazed he was the least bit surprised.
It seemed to me that he singled out that particular issue with Maj cos he thought it needed mentioning. The rest of what he said seemed alot less critical despite his disappointment. That might just be me reading stuff into it tho.

It seemed to me that he singled out that particular issue with Maj cos he thought it needed mentioning. The rest of what he said seemed alot less critical despite his disappointment. That might just be me reading stuff into it tho.
I got that impression too. With what Maj has been through the last few years you can understand why his mates are protective of him.

Think Marley's point is after all that to let him go with barely a word. And if you think about it its poor, especially cos he was struggling in the hub and missed his kids first birthday. I flew home from my dad's deathbed to be with my youngest kid on her first birthday. (Dad hung one for me to get back next day too, cheers old man.)

Then again consodering how Rhyce finished the year and the strain he was under I also understand why things weren't necessarily up to standard. All up it has been a shitful year, not just on the footy front.
Sorry to hear about ya dad there Ferbs.
I actually don’t really mind what Marley said.....I think though, when a club has paid you in excess of 300K for what 4 years was it, you could be a little more classy. To say he had no idea how many wins we’d had was completely bizarre, so he’s probably the last bloke to be questioning anyone’s professionalism
Anyway, we will never really know, whole thing is pretty weird but I’m wrapt we are re-jigging and there hasn’t been anyone I’ve been surprised to see let go. Maj was everyone’s favourite, but there comes a time.

While I don't argue that the delisting interviews might not have gone as long as they should have, I find it hard to believe that "two to three minutes" was how long they lasted.

Even Cunners would knock out a 5 minute convo for something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most intriguing 1-4 year players at every AFL club heading into 2021 season
As AFL clubs already return to pre-season, which of the 1-4 year players can turn around their teams’ fates around next season? Jon Ralph investigates.

Jon Ralph

So which players can make the step jump from good to great, or from fringe player to centre stage using this training block as a starting point?

Which player, who is yet to hit four years of service, is the most intriguing prospect of each club’s list?

NORTH MELBOURNE
TARRYN THOMAS

On Fox Footy during the trade period I asked David King which of the young Joeys he loves the best. He couldn’t go past Cam Zurhaar’s brand of aggressive forward play.

Still reckon Tarryn Thomas might be the pick of the litter.

Injury decimated his second season but he has it all as the kind of freak talent who will one day be capable of amassing 500 touches and 30 goals a year.

His debut season was scintillating – 240 touches and 16.15 – as a player equally comfortable as a half forward who can push up and win his own ball in the stoppage or be isolated as a contested-marking deep forward.

Now he needs to spend the summer getting Brent Harvey fit so he can do it for the next 12 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back