Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a myth passed down a generation. There's no basis.

Casey was the ultimate football diplomat. It would be so far out of character for him to say something like this, that I would take the view that any footage proving such a comment must have been digitally sabotaged.

https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/582071/corey-mckernan-fires-back

Corey McKernan fires back

Corey McKernan has leapt to the defence of North Melbourne, claiming talk about a future relocation to Tasmania is “ridiculous”.

The dual premiership player pointed to an agenda behind the comments about his old club.

“It’s just a ridiculous argument. You want a move a club that has made profits over the past 10 years when there’s others that are $13 million in debt,” McKernan told SEN’s Sam Edmund.

“If the game is in trouble, why are you saying we should go? I live in Queensland and I want the Suns to do well because it’s good for the game, but they are going spend hundreds of millions of dollars ensuring they can be successful.

“And you want North to go to Tasmania for financial reasons? It’s so flawed it’s not funny.

“If it wasn’t for James Brayshaw, North Melbourne wouldn’t be here, but this is a long-standing thing. Caroline (Wilson) had a personal agenda against James and she’s never been able to let it go when it comes to North Melbourne.”

“There are lots of other clubs out there who’ve had far less success than North Melbourne and are in much more debt that probably should consider moving before us,” McKernan said.

“Maybe our biggest fault is that we’re always competitive. Okay, if we’re middle of the road, sorry we don’t bottom out and get the No.1 draft pick.

“Sorry we’re not s--t.”

--------------------------------

It is interesting that past players are a lot more passionate in our defence in recent months.

Who is Bryan Wood?

I don’t remember hearing his name back in 96 when they named the AFL Team of the Century.

He was a good player, but he was no Keith Grieg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny, when I was a kid in the late 90's/early 00's I could have sworn remembering Rohan hated our guts almost as much as USC but he's been one of our biggest supporters for a long time now. Not bad for a * supporter.
Agree. It seems that the two sites (both minor players admittedly) that give us a fair go are run by a * supporter and a Hawthorn supporter, my most dislked clubs.

The only slightly annoying part of the rebuttal is the use of the term ‘Melbourne-based’.

It leaves a small amount of wiggle room for co-location models.

I doubt they give the bullshit that much thought.

I doubt it also.

But it gives those *******s small scraps to seize on and keep it in the media.

campaigners.

I would have figured that you are one of the folks that would be pretty immune to this by now.

Let's arrive at one certifiable fact here, in the absence of North's version of Roman Abramovich dropping out of the sky, it is always going to continue................just like it has for the best part of 150 years.

Would love to hear Kingy, Duck and even Schwatta give her a clip.

C'mon mate, you know how that would get automatically framed & spun, "they're misogynists" who are "picking on a woman"

There's clowns in here who are supposedly among our own who would turn on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back