Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
... piss off ya lefty..

You can pussyfoot all you like.. you can try and reason with someone who is unreasonable all you like.. there is a point where one stops their “nice” behaviour when they continue being a campaigner.. fu** her/him/shim/it.. whatever it is, its a lisping see you next tuesday.
I just hope when they're really coming for us, those malovolents with their hands on the levers of power, not the pen pushers ,that we're composed and focused enough to man the barricades

Last edited:

... piss off ya lefty..

You can pussyfoot all you like.. you can try and reason with someone who is unreasonable all you like.. there is a point where one stops their “nice” behaviour when they continue being a campaigner.. fu** her/him/shim/it.. whatever it is, its a lisping see you next tuesday.

All I'm saying is, use your ******* brain to defeat her argument and stop pissing into the breeze. Snake is absolutely right in saying there is nothing sexist about criticising Caroline Wilson's articles. But you make it sexist. That demonstrates a lack of intelligence. You can do better.

All I'm saying is, use your ******* brain to defeat her argument and stop pissing into the breeze. Snake is absolutely right in saying there is nothing sexist about criticising Caroline Wilson's articles. But you make it sexist. That demonstrates a lack of intelligence. You can do better.
I agree, we must keep our attacks focussed at the fake news spinners by dismantling their arguments, their credibility and their credentials and not their gender.

Best thing he did.

It's better to hear it. 22 mins 25 secs in...

Do you ever watch Media Watch on ABC? They call out this sort of crap and fake news journalism at 9.20 pm every Monday night. They attribute it to modern understaffing at the metroplitan newspapers as they cut corners by doing very little editorial fact checking. The Fairfax press being prime culprits. They grab bites, articles and quotes from freelancers, social media and syndicated regional newspapers to fill their diminishing pages.
Yeh I follow Paul Barry on social
He calls them out and on times they get held to account

The media can’t afford litigation for defamation considering the current climate

Save your bucks and give Johnnie Red for those who need a mixer.

Agree.

JWB & cola is alcoholic vandalism.

You may as well throw any $12.99 stuff you can find with that rot gut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

JWB & cola is alcoholic vandalism.

You may as well throw any $12.99 stuff you can find with that rot gut.

I actually don't like JWB on its own. Like it mixed with coke.

It's the ethos that drives Channel 9. Pathetic sensationalist channel.

Does Nine have any cricket on any more? Even without it they are competing with the AFL through the NRL. Doesn't matter i true or not it causes disunity in the AFL.

Niall's piece didn't even name us overtly as a problem. It played off interstate rivalries and compared West Coast to St Kilda and the Gold Coast. The NRL doesn't like the competition and nine does t either. They'd love to see the end of the Gold Coast and GWS. I doubt he's part of an interstate conspiracy to bad mouth the AFL but he's gonna think an article like this is edgy and if he lucks out he'll be the greatest AFL journo of all time ;) and if not no one will remember cos he didn't mention us and everyone's piling onto Caro.

Meanwhile 9s major competitor in terms of winter sports comps, is getting bad publicity while they bust their arse to try and do the opposite of what the article said. Gil is gonna retire or be replaced sooner or later. ICAN see him thinking of retiring having saved the comp, keeping it as it is now as much as possible, as his legacy. Kick the can for this stuff down the road. The most likely outcome is he'll do what he can to maintain the status quo.

This could be good for us. The AFL might decide us doing OK in finals is a good way to shame Caro and the Age for trying to make them look bad.

Unlikely but you never know.

Johnnie of any variety is pretty rubbish.

But where’s the apology for printing it in the first place?
Geez, good luck getting an apology. The media NEVER apologise when they slander individuals, print libel, or damage businesses, clubs, associations or reputations by going public with falsehoods. I think that Lindy Chamberlan is still waiting for hers from Australian media agencies backdated to 1980. It seems that the words 'SORRY' and 'WE GOT IT WRONG' are like curse words to them.

Spoken with the pomposity required of a man who defends Coles & Woolworths.

And yet here you are defending a drink comparatively speaking the equivalent of McDonalds.

He's not wrong though. Just a well marketed product.

Lark’s my go to on the rocks.

Magnificent and Australian.

If I go for overseas stuff, I actually like the Taiwanese whiskeys these days, Kavalan is great stuff.

He's not wrong though. Just a well marketed product.

It's okay scotch, but taste is an individual choice. I was referring to diluting the stuff with things like cola that overpower the nuance.

And yet here you are defending a drink comparatively speaking the equivalent of McDonalds.

Lark’s my go to on the rocks.

Magnificent and Australian.

If I go for overseas stuff, I actually like the Taiwanese whiskeys these days, Kavalan is great stuff.

Now we're talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back