Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4, as part 3 has reached 10K posts

As per BF rules we have a new edition

Part 3 is here

Frustrating article here;

This re/co-location agenda needs to be knocked on the head! The club's board needs to come out and make a statement!

Talk about financial issues are rubbish - the clubs never been so stable financially.

Who the **** is Tom Basso.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Responding to that would be akin to responding to a Big Footy post.
If it was the first time I had read/heard this agenda discussed but its not.

Egomaniac agendas are dangerous and I don't trust the AFL.
Mate, we’ve been kicked since 1869, it’s nothing new. The club doesn’t need to come out and respond to every random nuffy’s pontificating.
Completely agree with that and I would suggest they respond to that article.

However, the issue of our plans post 2021 when our Tassie deal expires, interstate games agenda internally etc need to be more transparent to members in my opinion.

its all linked to that and the media will be on us for the next 18 months without clarity.

Agree its who we are but id like clarity myself. maybe others arent fussed.
The 2 statements in that article that

(i) we are financial trouble due to payouts and

(ii) we have lost authoritative control to the AFL over our operations

are downright libellous and the club should whack these guys hard.
We're financially stable at the moment, but that's with the income from playing in Tasmania. This is the income that our latest Ben will need to replace.
No doubt Thom Barosso studied our financial statements and questioned those unbiased sources in Caro and Barratts like a good journalist would.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And asked the AFL.
He doesn't need to replace it all straight away though - we should be looking to reduce our involvement to 2 games per year Hobart over the next contract.

NMFC has total revenue now of $40m per year and there are plenty of areas where an astute commercial operator like our new CEO would be able to lift our income to replace that Hobart revenue.

Delina took the soft (and ultimately most destructive option to traditional NMFC supporters) and went with plying the 4th game down there - that decision has to be turned around quickly.
Agree. We need to be in a position where we can walk away from the next iteration of the Tassie deal and have strategic leverage to either continue on our own terms or not, and not be beholden to the AFL.

Now the debt is paid off I reckon Amarfios would do alright if he started a Forever Arden Street Fund if it had the stated aim of guaranteeing our future in Melbourne
Well it does matter because we as supporters get sucked into this Pre Season spin only to come out and do sweet f.a.

I could go back 20 years and pull out 20 years of how “this Season is ours.”

I hope that this article is the 1 of 20 that proves this history wrong.
To be fair, it’s Shaw’s first one. And the pleasing thing at this stage is that e are hearing about small but tangible changes, not nebulous claims of new attitudes.

Has this AFL taking over operations of the club been confirmed?

FG I’m more than happy if you delete this post and all others relating to this muppets article.

I sussed his twitter handle and it’s literally an article written by a schoolboy.

I mean it’s embarrassing to see it discussed on here but look at him.. 39F275F4-CC3C-42C4-ACDF-AEB17E0CAA7B.png
we’ve given him air-time he’ll wank over for days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 787795

What do you all reckon?

I like this new direction. Out: Shinboner. In: Elite.

Am feeling pretty pumped for 2010.

Brad tossed out that idea 2 years later and the term was prostituted by every imposter in residence at Arden Street.

The club has been detached from it's original culture since Brayshaw took over office in 2007.

I can only hope that the present administration returns it to its rightful place.

FG I’m more than happy if you delete this post and all others relating to this muppets article.

I sussed his twitter handle and it’s literally an article written by a schoolboy.

I mean it’s embarrassing to see it discussed on here but look at him.. View attachment 787693
we’ve given him air-time he’ll wank over for days
Good. He will be easier to beat up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back