Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
This will all center around the research of the marketing whores. My strong hunch is that there's viewer drop off during the half times breaks and it's costing them revenue. Nothing else.

Player welfare is the crock of bullshit utilized to cover it up.

Yep.

People would be changing the channel to pass the time and missing out on all the good advertising that they should be watching.

"The numbers would suggest viewing audiences are dropping off as games go on. So if we can somehow squeeze the game a bit, it's going to be beneficial and that's really the lens the players put on it. It's not a big health and safety issue. If it keeps the viewers tuned in, that's a good thing."

Dearie me.

That's some... interesting logic going on there. I suspect that people tune out as games go on because it becomes apparent which team is romping away to a win as the games go on. There would be zero chance they've cross referenced against scores at half time in my uneducated opinion. I don't think it's that big a deal, but I think the reasoning is ludicrous and it's a bit of a nothing issue overall.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This will all center around the research of the marketing whores. My strong hunch is that there's viewer drop off during the half times breaks and it's costing them revenue. Nothing else.

Player welfare is the crock of bullshit utilized to cover it up.

Same reason they’re always pushing the need of more goals.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
That's some... interesting logic going on there. I suspect that people tune out as games go on because it becomes apparent which team is romping away to a win as the games go on. There would be zero chance they've cross referenced against scores at half time in my uneducated opinion. I don't think it's that big a deal, but I think the reasoning is ludicrous and it's a bit of a nothing issue overall.

Well it is an issue for those that attend games and will miss the start of the 3 Quarter due to queues.

...wait a minute, its only the "Premiership Quarter".... :rolleyes:

Well it is an issue for those that attend games and will miss the start of the 3 Quarter due to queues.

...wait a minute, its only the "Premiership Quarter".... :rolleyes:

Absolutely. I didn't see any need to change. Change for the sake of it IMO.

This article is from the January 13 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.au/.
NICK SMART

AFTER almost 200 games and nine seasons, North Melbourne defender Shaun Atley thought he would have played more finals by now.

But like his club, Atley — who has chalked up eight finals appearances, the last of which was almost four years ago

— is determined to break his way back into September this year.

“I’m 27 this year and I’ve played seven or so finals and six of them were in a two-year span, so you’d probably think you’d have a few more,” he said.

“I’m definitely hungry to get back there and that’s definitely our goal this year as a club.

“We want to play finals and I think the supporters expect that of us as well. It starts from the top when (CEO) Ben Buckley spoke about how we can’t accept that and we want to play finals, so that’s definitely the mindset for all of us.”

The 197-game player said he found it difficult to watch finals football from his couch at home.

Atley admitted he felt envious as Richmond players held up the premiership cup last September.

He said some of his teammates avoided the television set at finals time altogether.

“You definitely get jealous,” Atley said.

“It can be hard to watch for sure.

“Some of the boys don’t even watch it because they don’t want to get that feeling, but we understand and we know it can turn really quickly.

“But at the same time there’s a lot of work that needs to go in behind that to get to that stage.”

There is a feeling of optimism under coach Rhyce Shaw at Arden St this summer as the team pushes towards the start of its 2020 campaign.

Buckley last month said the Kangaroos, who last won a premiership in 1999, were “an ambitious club” that was hungry for success.

Atley said the players shared that vision.

“The preparation starts with the small things we do and it leads up and builds and hopefully we’re in a good spot this year,” he said.

Copyright © 2020 News Pty Limited

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
This article is from the January 13 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.au/.
NICK SMART

AFTER almost 200 games and nine seasons, North Melbourne defender Shaun Atley thought he would have played more finals by now.

But like his club, Atley — who has chalked up eight finals appearances, the last of which was almost four years ago

— is determined to break his way back into September this year.

“I’m 27 this year and I’ve played seven or so finals and six of them were in a two-year span, so you’d probably think you’d have a few more,” he said.

“I’m definitely hungry to get back there and that’s definitely our goal this year as a club.

“We want to play finals and I think the supporters expect that of us as well. It starts from the top when (CEO) Ben Buckley spoke about how we can’t accept that and we want to play finals, so that’s definitely the mindset for all of us.”

The 197-game player said he found it difficult to watch finals football from his couch at home.

Atley admitted he felt envious as Richmond players held up the premiership cup last September.

He said some of his teammates avoided the television set at finals time altogether.

“You definitely get jealous,” Atley said.

“It can be hard to watch for sure.

“Some of the boys don’t even watch it because they don’t want to get that feeling, but we understand and we know it can turn really quickly.

“But at the same time there’s a lot of work that needs to go in behind that to get to that stage.”

There is a feeling of optimism under coach Rhyce Shaw at Arden St this summer as the team pushes towards the start of its 2020 campaign.

Buckley last month said the Kangaroos, who last won a premiership in 1999, were “an ambitious club” that was hungry for success.

Atley said the players shared that vision.

“The preparation starts with the small things we do and it leads up and builds and hopefully we’re in a good spot this year,” he said.

Copyright © 2020 News Pty Limited

All good but there are four bitchy comments under this article

It’s the same deal any article appears about us; on this occasion there is yet to be any about clowing down or moving to Tassy

...yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was born after our last GF visit 😭
It would be remarkable if you were born before it.

1578871816238.png

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Reality TV happened after our last GF visit..

Well technically perhaps no...there was the ‘7 Up series’

(Jennie Brockie did some Pov shows on the legal system in the mid 90’s that were ahead of the times. I remember the one on Redfern Cops that was a huge controversy at the time. But I don’t know if that counts as reality tv.)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Well technically perhaps no...there was the ‘7 Up series’

(Jennie Brockie did some Pov shows on the legal system in the mid 90’s that were ahead of the times. I remember the one on Redfern Cops that was a huge controversy at the time. But I don’t know if that counts as reality tv.)

Did you watch them?

Bonus points if you noticed a very relevant car sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back