Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Looking at the ages/dates, would be 42 UP.

Saw up to about 21 UP years ago in the SBS/VHS days.

With the invention of the internet in 2019 watched the lot of them from scratch and noticed this little quirk.

Ok well you better tell us because I am not going back through 12 hours to find a sticker

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Ok well you better tell us because I am not going back through 12 hours to find a sticker

Bloke who became an aussie, shuts hatch of car and on the back is:

1578874278525.png

It's good to know the young fella who didn't want to eat his vegetables would one day move to Australia and acquire very good taste.

Later on when he's showing the other guy from the orphanage around Melbourne Zoo - English guy is sporting a North cap.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the mongrel punt for anyone who hasnt seen it there's an article called TALKING MYSELF INTO AND OUT OF… PT 1
A section on north and another on Benny, all rather positive

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well technically perhaps no...there was the ‘7 Up series’

(Jennie Brockie did some Pov shows on the legal system in the mid 90’s that were ahead of the times. I remember the one on Redfern Cops that was a huge controversy at the time. But I don’t know if that counts as reality tv.)

7 Up was (and is) documentary and not what we now refer to as reality tv. Likewise, all of the fly-on-the-wall style of programs that evolved in the 90s.

I suggest that the original statement is correct - reality tv in its current form more or less began with Survivor and that came after our last grand final appearance.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
7 Up was (and is) documentary and not what we now refer to as reality tv. Likewise, all of the fly-on-the-wall style of programs that evolved in the 90s.

I suggest that the original statement is correct - reality tv in its current form more or less began with Survivor and that came after our last grand final appearance.
I am not disputing that and I don’t think the Mod cared either but yeh you’re right but keep splitting those hairs

desie

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2004
Gumnut Cottage
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Arsenal, GWS Giants
Bloke who became an aussie, shuts hatch of car and on the back is:

View attachment 805268

It's good to know the young fella who didn't want to eat his vegetables would one day move to Australia and acquire very good taste.

Later on when he's showing the other guy from the orphanage around Melbourne Zoo - English guy is sporting a North cap.
Good spot - Paul I think his name is.

I do recall watching an episode from the 80's when he'd first moved to Australia and he had on the tele what appeared to be a Hawthorn v * GF so figured he'd become a footy fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back