Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure which thread this belongs in...
I was listening to SEN on my way to watch the intra club today. Terry Wallet was naming his best player of all time to play for each club - Obviously, it came as no surprise that the greatest player to ever pull on footy boots was named our best ever player.
Anyways, Terry went through every team & named Pendelbery as Collywobbles best ever player, which in itself is laughable - not that Pendles ain’t any good, but he isn’t in the same stratosphere as The King!
Some nuffie called in to argue that Bucks should be ahead of Pendles as Collywobbles best ever player & one of his reasons was that Bucks played on Carey on 4 occasions & kept him goalless every single time...
Now my memory is shot, but I never remember that big head keeping the great man goalless once, let alone 4 times...
Someone please tell me this bloke is off his rocker & that this did not happen!?
I was seeing red, as neither host pulled him up on his flat out lies...
DO NOT BESMIRCH THE KING!!!

I can only remember Buckley lining up on Carey for 5 minutes. Carey kicked 2 in that time.

I was listening to SEN on my way to watch the intra club today. Terry Wallet was naming his best player of all time to play for each club - Obviously, it came as no surprise that the greatest player to ever pull on footy boots was named our best ever player.
Anyways, Terry went through every team & named Pendelbery as Collywobbles best ever player, which in itself is laughable - not that Pendles ain’t any good, but he isn’t in the same stratosphere as The King!
Some nuffie called in to argue that Bucks should be ahead of Pendles as Collywobbles best ever player & one of his reasons was that Bucks played on Carey on 4 occasions & kept him goalless every single time...
Now my memory is shot, but I never remember that big head keeping the great man goalless once, let alone 4 times...
Someone please tell me this bloke is off his rocker & that this did not happen!?

Yeah, that just didn’t happen.

I can only remember Buckley lining up on Carey for 5 minutes. Carey kicked 2 in that time.
Yep... I know I wear rose coloured glasses when it comes to The King but F*uck me if Bucks ever played 4 games @ CHB in his whole career, let alone keep Duck goalless even bloody once.
Not even Jacovich kept Duck goalless that many times.
I was bloody livid that they just let it slid like it was a fact. Biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever heard!!

Yep... I know I wear rose coloured glasses when it comes to The King but F*uck me if Bucks ever played 4 games @ CHB in his whole career, let alone keep Duck goalless even bloody once.
Not even Jacovich kept Duck goalless that many times.
I was bloody livid that they just let it slid like it was a fact. Biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever heard!!

Terry Wallet;

Hawthorn's greatest player - me
Bulldog's greatest coach - me
Richmond's greatest coach - me
Radio's greatest special comments man - me

The only number 18 that I remember lining up on Buckley was Brad Moran and he wasn't disgraced that day (Buckley that is).

Terry Wallet;

You forgot the worlds greatest list manager.. and the worlds greatest flog..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who didn't hear SEN this morning, Geraldo Whately said during his sign off that Ben Amarfio will be a guest in the studio tomorrow between 9am and midday.
Inb4 brekky jokes

Also on a unrelated note champion data have revised list rankings. Apparently we have the 2nd most champion data-approved midfield in the league.

For those who didn't hear SEN this morning, Geraldo Whately said during his sign off that Ben Amarfio will be a guest in the studio tomorrow between 9am and midday.
It's a North Melbourne day on SEN tomorrow from 6AM, so I'd imagine they will have players and coaches on as well. How the hell do we find time to listen to all that?

It's a North Melbourne day on SEN tomorrow from 6AM, so I'd imagine they will have players and coaches on as well. How the hell do we find time to listen to all that?
I'll never find time to listen to SEN while that Jabba utensil owns the joint

As in for the whole 3 hours?

Power move if true.

Terry Wallet;

1581305098930.png

Terry sees the face of God when he looks in a mirror.

Little known fact - Terry wrote a thesis on List Management citing only himself as a reference.

Inb4 brekky jokes

Also on a unrelated note champion data have revised list rankings. Apparently we have the 2nd most champion data-approved midfield in the league.

I don't understand how that works obviously, but they have to have the midfield and forward figures back to front.

Our forward line has to be ranked above Footscray, Port, Essendon and Geelong surely......or is it ranked on assists? That would put us on the bottom of course.

Ranking our midfield second is slightly optimistic also.

I don't understand how that works obviously, but they have to have the midfield and forward figures back to front.

Our forward line has to be ranked above Footscray, Port, Essendon and Geelong surely......or is it ranked on assists? That would put us on the bottom of course.

Yeah I presume it's because Goldy, Cunners and Dumont rack up good numbers of champion data points, and up to this point we have had a pretty consistent midfield mix in there, where other clubs may be rotating more forwards into the clearance mix.
Fwiw I don't think their algorithm does much good without seeing the mechanism and scoring behind it

Don't let anyone at the club see this unless you enjoy how we perform when given a favourable writeup or rating.

Pretty sure driving home, I heard Dwayne Russell say he will have Brady Rawlings as a guest on his show tomorrow too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back