hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
I've listened to both Rhyce Shaw and Ben Amarfio and both were impressive, they both spoke very well about the club and the players, and Amarfio spoke a bit about the Shinboner spirit, he first few months at North and Tasmania. He is a very eloquent speaker.

My one concern was perhaps Ben's answer to Gerard's question regarding North's future and whether we will remain at Arden Street. He tip-toed through his answer somewhat, he never said definitively that it was the NMFC Board intentions to stay, but stated that as long as the members want us stay we will remain at Arden Street. Maybe I'm reading too much into his response, but I got the feeling that s not entirely confident that we can stay in Melbourne long term.
From what I have heard they are very keen on Hobart in short to medium term to supplement, but very keen on staying here. I think they need to tread carefully re Hobart, sponsors etc.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've listened to both Rhyce Shaw and Ben Amarfio and both were impressive, they both spoke very well about the club and the players, and Amarfio spoke a bit about the Shinboner spirit, he first few months at North and Tasmania. He is a very eloquent speaker.

My one concern was perhaps Ben's answer to Gerard's question regarding North's future and whether we will remain at Arden Street. He tip-toed through his answer somewhat, he never said definitively that it was the NMFC Board intentions to stay, but stated that as long as the members want us stay we will remain at Arden Street. Maybe I'm reading too much into his response, but I got the feeling that s not entirely confident that we can stay in Melbourne long term.
Get where you're coming from DEVO but I thought he was just framing his answer in a way that Gerard couldn't really challenge it. "The members want it. They run the club." Almost saying it was out of his hands so there's no point discussing it further.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Each heart is worth one penalty point and the queen of spades is worth 13 penalty points. The other cards have no value.

Get saddled with the Queen of Spades on most hands and you're dead in the water.

Just like any commentary team that pulls a Ling or Darce out of the pack.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
giphy.gif
Makes me wonder who is Sidious and who is Plagieus.

I reckon that list is complete and utter bollocks. I admit I know nothing about football but FFS I know a damn site more than the dope who put that ranking list together. It's bullshit. Total garbage. And what's more, there's no point to this junk. If there was then the sport might as well not be played. Just run simulations based on list rankings. Yeah, right. fu** off.

Brilliant

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get where you're coming from DEVO but I thought he was just framing his answer in a way that Gerard couldn't really challenge it. "The members want it. They run the club." Almost saying it was out of his hands so there's no point discussing it further.
I think Ben gave a very good answer, but the nervous laugh at the beginning, and the fact that he didn't seem overly confident early on with his answer, hit a bit of a cautionary nerve with me. It was the one time I thought he stumbled to give a clear answer, at least early on in his reply. Hopefully I'm reading way too much in it and everything is fine.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Free kick for sports fans as Marvel booking fees ditched

Sports fans’ most-hated expense will soon be a thing of the past as the AFL promises to make some big changes to ticket prices at Marvel Stadium. See what savings they are promising fans.
Peter Rolfe, sports affairs reporter, Herald Sun

Subscriber only
|
February 13, 2020 9:09pm

Footy fans are set for a big free kick, with the AFL to axe unpopular transaction fees for sporting events at its Marvel Stadium in Docklands.

A three-year price freeze on AFL regular season match tickets will also be announced on Friday.
The $3.15 booking fees — which fans have been forced to pay simply to buy their tickets — will be removed for footy, Big Bash cricket and A-League soccer matches at Marvel.

This will save sports fans at least $750,000 a year, but footy fanatics will still face transaction fees at the MCG and other AFL venues.

The ticket price freeze will see general admission seats set at $27 for adults and $5 for kids at every regular season AFL match in Melbourne, starting from Round 1.

AFL reserved seat prices, set by clubs, are due to be announced in the next fortnight. AFL chief Gillon McLachlan said the measures aimed to make games more affordable.

He said the axing of the booking fees “removes a barrier and provides an immediate saving for fans’’.

Mr McLachlan added: “Our commitment continues to make AFL games as accessible and affordable as possible.”

The transaction fee cull will apply to every seat at Marvel and provide a direct saving to fans, with the AFL and Ticketmaster agreeing the cost will not be passed on elsewhere.

At least 43 AFL matches will be played at the venue this season.

AFL Fans Association president Gerry Eeman applauded both decisions as “a significant commitment’’ by the league to make sport more affordable.

“It will help keep the game accessible, which is good for the long-term health of the game,’’ he said.

“Booking fees are often used as a licence to print money. Hopefully other venues take note and follow the lead of Marvel Stadium.’’

More than 1.3 million fans attended footy matches at Marvel last year.

St Kilda will play 14 matches at the ground this season with Western Bulldogs (12), Carlton (10), Essendon (nine), North Melbourne (nine), Hawthorn (five), Collingwood (three) and Geelong (two) fans also set to save.

The change will be in place when tickets go on sale to AFL club members on February 24.

Mr McLachlan also confirmed free admission for children to MCG and Marvel Stadium footy games on Sundays would return this season.

An artists's impression of what Marvel Stadium will look like lit up on a Melbourne night.
An artists's impression of what Marvel Stadium will look like lit up on a Melbourne night.

Ticketmaster will waive all transaction fees for the AFL State of Origin Bushfire Relief match at Marvel Stadium on February 28.

The decision to axe ticket fees at the venue follows a similar decision to eliminate a $5.90 surcharge on tennis fans buying seats to this year’s Australian Open.

MCG spokeswoman Sophie Henderson said there was no immediate plan to remove $3.10 transaction fees at the home of football.

“Patrons purchasing tickets to AFL matches at the MCG in 2020 will incur a fee of $3.10 per transaction,’’ she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back