Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it's the best place to be sending a bloke who came back to pre season overweight....
95acd0c722e01c216f5deba446718b8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Cruising around stealing kids balloons...?!

Gotta spend it to make it.

Mazda, spirit of tas, powershop.. where's our player billboards?

This is where the new heads are gonna have to start proving themselves, advertising the club better and getting more money in. In time we'll see what the likes of Ben Amarfio can do for us.

Not the point - we don’t sledge ourselves. I know it was a joke, a throw away line, but its not necessary.
I hear what you’re saying. I wonder if Larkey didn’t say it to disarm a hidden barb he felt was coming his way? No way to know I suppose.

Thanks for that. I thought I had reasonable cred on here. I think people understand what I am saying. We don’t need players sledging the club. Hanging offence? Of course not. Big deal? Nup. But worth a tap on the shoulder and a quiet word to say we don’t sledge our own club.

I thought it was a fair comment. I don't have a problem with it.

I think you are being unreasonable. But I do understand what you are saying.

However...

We criticise players all the time, sometimes for complete bullshit that we imagine but that didn't actually happen. This site is full of of that sort of thing.

It goes both ways. He's not criticising the club. If anything he's criticising the supporters who don't turn up to support the club.

But he's also acknowledging reality and not letting it bother him.

He shouldn't be canned for that.

I don't go to home games. So If hes making one then I get his point. I drive interstate to worse than Syria to see them when I can. Its a four to six hundred km round trip depending where the game is. So I kind of agree with him as well.

I hear what you’re saying. I wonder if Larkey didn’t say it to disarm a hidden barb he felt was coming his way? No way to know I suppose.

It certainly takes the power similar comments the likes of BT make away from him.

It puts Larkey in a position to have a go at BT if he brings it up later this season when Souva kicks his first bag of 8. He's probably not thinking that way but it still works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might make for some interesting research into how much a crowd impacts umpires and teams with big followings. Wonder how the umpiring of West Coast games pans out without the crowd decisions. And the energy of the Tiggers without their feral army. Will be pissed off if I can't get to games, but could be a curious experiment in other ways.
Bastards will be so confused, wondering which way to pay frees. They might actually get a few decisions right.

Not that they are always "wrong". The sloppyness of interpretations means that they could be equally right to call a bloke for illeagal disposal or holding the ball as they could for calling an illeagal tackle or holding the man. It's pretty clear they can call whatever they want half the time and the AFL will assess the decision as correct.

The big thing will be the lack of crowd calling - they might have to resort to using their bloody brains (except for Umpire #1 and a few of the others who are automatons).

Last edited:
Love how all this is happening in a year where we finally get more than one MCG match.

Hope it's not a prolonged drama through the year..

Not sure it's the best place to be sending a bloke who came back to pre season overweight....
95acd0c722e01c216f5deba446718b8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I'll bet he didn't make any contact.

It ain't going away for at least 3 months or at worst, 6.

That's basically a whole season down the shitter if things don't die down pretty soon.

If you're young & fit, then go outside, become infected and be cured in ~ a fortnight.

It's only a drama for select susceptible groups due to the load it would place upon respirators should they all become infected in one big lump.

If you're young & fit, then go outside, become infected and be cured in ~ a fortnight.

It's only a drama for select susceptible groups due to the load it would place upon respirators should they all become infected in one big lump.

Its nothing to worry about, but the ineptitude on the part of the government, and global communities as a whole will make a situation that could've been handled faster just more needlessly complicated, all because certain measures weren't taken immediately because of the political optics they might have and socially because people can't even practice basic hygiene for themselves.

We're talking about a country that panicked at the sight of toilet paper shortages and then made the situation worse by panic buying more, all while not even contemplating that maybe buying long-lasting food and water would also be needed.

People are dummies, we can have a cure tomorrow and people still won't come around to the idea that it's over until 3 months after the fact.

I feel like the longer people faff about buying toilet paper and speculating the more annoying and dragged out things are going to be.

Be good if we could just 'rip the band aid off' so to speak, roll out some legislation and curfews and be done with the bulk of it. A bit of certainty would be real nice from the powers that be, but I guess there's a bit to play out in the mean time.

Its nothing to worry about, but the ineptitude on the part of the government, and global communities as a whole will make a situation that could've been handled faster just more needlessly complicated, all because certain measures weren't taken immediately because of the political optics they might have and socially because people can't even practice basic hygiene for themselves.

We're talking about a country that panicked at the sight of toilet paper shortages and then made the situation worse by panic buying more, all while not even contemplating that maybe buying long-lasting food and water would also be needed.

People are dummies, we can have a cure tomorrow and people still won't come around to the idea that it's over until 3 months after the fact.

You have only woken up to the fact that this is a nation predominately consisting of ****wits?

Kath & Kim isn't a comedy to most of them, it's a drama.

I've been wondering wtf MAFS meant till someone explained it the other day.

I can thinks of a few suitable replacements.

Morons are *en stupid.

More arseholes for sale.

May aliens fry (us all) soon.

Morally ambiguous father/son.

Sorry that last one was Nick Blakey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back