Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane Cornes re-drafts the Top 5 from the 2000 draft. LOL at the unlucky to miss out.

5. Drew Petrie

North Melbourne - Pick 23

“Did most of his work at North Melbourne of course, went over late to West Coast,” Cornes told Footy SA.
“300 games, big key forwards don’t grow on trees. Great pick from North Melbourne at 23.
“Didn’t have the highlights as some of these guys hit a really consistent performer, played for a long time, very durable.”

4. Daniel Kerr

West Coast - Pick 18

“He was a star. Pick 18 he went. What a bargain he was.”
“In his time, he was a top five player in the game.
“What about the midfield - Judd, Cousins, Fletcher, Braun and all those at the Eagles.
“Came top three in the Brownlow a couple of times.
Unfortunately, his career was probably cut short.”

3. Scott Thompson

Melbourne - Pick 16

“300 games, best and fairests, was an All-Australian.”
“He was an absolute hard as nails midfielder who loved it tough.
“He was so competitive. I got to play on him a couple of times and just the competitiveness drove him.
“A much-loved figure at Adelaide for a long period of time. Arguably, with Darren Jarman, one of their best recruits.”

2. Shaun Burgoyne

Port Adelaide - Pick 12

“This bloke doesn’t need an introduction. Port Adelaide’s first pick in 2000.”
“Played midfield and was one of the more dominant midfielders. Unfortunately, he left Port Adelaide and he’s done, I think, his best work at Hawthorn.
“Plays anywhere. Absolute superstar.”

1. Nick Riewoldt

St Kilda - Pick 1

“Another walk-up Hall of Famer.”
“Kid from Tasmania then Queensland. There was a lot of hype around him prior to the draft.
His resumé is unbelievable. He made a name for himself taking marks running back with the flight of the ball.
“What a player he was.”

Unlucky to miss out:

Alan Didak
Kane Cornes
Dom Cassisi

EUawMgbUwAAzWRC
EUawMgcUUAA7W2O

.............and THAT Is the greatest smack in the mouth that she will ever get.

How can any media organization keep her employed now?

C'mon mate, you know how that would get automatically framed & spun, "they're misogynists" who are "picking on a woman"

There's clowns in here who are supposedly among our own who would turn on them.

Jesus Christ you just make this s**t up don't you? It is all in your own head.

Caro may have not realised (as she doesn’t have anything to offer regarding the actual game) but unlike ordinarily, now the club and others have nothing better to do than call you out on your bullshit.

Unlucky, Caroline.

This time you don’t have the actual sport to divert attention from your shithouse sideshow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy is the bigger turd in the bowl.
Caroline is small fry.
Hutchy is the engine room behind all this s**t. And he wouldn’t care if Sam Newman, Brayshaw and Eddie gangbanged an effigy of him on the footsteps of Parliament House if it meant he sold some advertising for the show.
Whatever angle he sniffs will generate traffic, he’ll go there.

Hutchy is the bigger turd in the bowl.
Caroline is small fry.
Hutchy is the engine room behind all this s**t. And he wouldn’t care if Sam Newman, Brayshaw and Eddie gangbanged an effigy of him on the footsteps of Parliament House if it meant he sold some advertising for the show.
Whatever angle he sniffs will generate traffic, he’ll go there.
Yep. He’s asked Caro to dig out the old s**t because he knows it will get people talking. Even so called Mr I’m An Intelligent Scientists idiots like Tef end up quoting SEN poles on here driving up the click counts for him.

Last edited:
What's good about this is that, iirc, RoCo worked for/with Caro at The Age. He knows she was trying to shaft us.

I was always staggered that Rohan Connelly missed out on the Chief Football Writer's job there when Fatprick left for The Australian.

Still to this day can't work out why you'd give that spot to someone who doesn't actually write about the game on the field.

.............and THAT Is the greatest smack in the mouth that she will ever get.

How can any media organization keep her employed now?

I'd love to think that the smackdown she's getting from any credible person in the football industry, over her bafflingly persistent and baseless drive to death ride our club into oblivion, would finally see her pushed into total and permanent football irrelevancy.

However, she's like that turd in the bowl that won't flush even after several presses of the full-flush button. It stinks, you don't want it around, it doesn't offer anything, it made you feel uneasy for a while and getting rid of it may have been hard work. But it inexplicably just keeps bobbing up.

Last edited:
They have convinced themselves that when they were up against the wall in the late 80s/early 90s, Casey said words to the effect of let them fold.

I have never heard it, and Google throws nothing up either. They are convinced though.
I must admit. That was me who said that.

Easy mistake for them to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back