big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
It shows the quality (lack of) of the bloke. What an absolute pickle to blame been baited. The initiator becomes the one who is to be felt sorry for. ‘My poor wife’.
What a joke, once a thug always a thug
Didn't he even go on 360 that week and do the mea culpa as well? With Robbo going full "good bloke"?

My lasting memory of sniper Lewis is of Maj cleaning him up beautifully with a perfectly legit bump.

Mesmerising.....

1.gif

My lasting memory of sniper Lewis is of Maj cleaning him up beautifully with a perfectly legit bump.
My other lasting memory of him was from the 2017 game in Hobart when he pulled out of a contest with Garner in the last quarter which led to a goal for us. We won the game by four points and the GoDees ended up finishing ninth on percentage.

Effectively, Jordy's squibbage = his club missing finals.

His comprehensive sh*tting of the bed in the first quarter of the 2018 Prelim was also pretty funny.

This is a guy the GoDees acquired for his "toughness, leadership and finals experience". Worked out well.

Bog average player that was found out when he wound up at a s**t team. Unfortunately, he is the AFL player I most resemble, looks wise
All the way down to the poorly disguised bald patch?
It shows the quality (lack of) of the bloke. What an absolute pickle to blame been baited. The initiator becomes the one who is to be felt sorry for. ‘My poor wife’.
What a joke, once a thug always a thug
Hey, lifestyle bloggers have feelings too. Go easy on her.

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All the way down to the poorly disguised bald patch?

Hey, lifestyle bloggers have feelings too. Go easy on her.

No bald patch but the stubble, receding hairline (complete with hair that looks good for one week after being cut and then just s**t), tracky dacks and idiotic smirk are all there

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My other lasting memory of him was from the 2017 game in Hobart when he pulled out of a contest with Garner in the last quarter which led to a goal for us. We won the game by four points and the GoDees ended up finishing ninth on percentage.

His comprehensive sh*tting of the bed in the first quarter of the 2018 Prelim was also pretty funny.

This is a guy the GoDees acquired for his "toughness, leadership and finals experience". Worked out well.
It's one thing to snotter Goldstein, and a totally different thing to clash with Taylor Garner!

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone watching today’s footy flashback, turnstiles Macmillan doing typical turnstile things, SMH for this spud

I think he has a high centre of gravity for his height. Just cant seem to push through his legs, which are big and strong, while tackling. That said Stringer is a brute and strong enough to run through many AFL defenders.

North Melbourne Jy Simpkin concedes coronavirus testing is something he’ll never get used to as footy return looms
North Melbourne midfielder Jy Simpkin says he felt like he was having his brain tickled when he underwent COVID-19 testing on Friday. It’s the ‘new normal’ for AFL players as they prepare for footy’s return on June 11.
Lauren Wood, Sunday Herald Sun

Subscriber only
|
May 16, 2020 4:44pm

Jy Simpkin doesn’t think he’ll ever get used to having his “brain tickled”

The North Melbourne midfielder – like every AFL player – was this week tested for coronavirus and is bracing for a “new normal” which will include an inspection of his living arrangements and twice-weekly testing for the contagious disease.

“I’m not looking forward to it, to be honest,” he said.

“We had ours on Friday, and the thing goes that far up your nose, it feels like it’s literally tickling your brain. It brings instant tears to your eyes. Twice a week is not going to be fun.

“Hopefully we get used to it – otherwise it’s going to be a long year of corona testing.”

Simpkin, who lives with teammate Mason Wood and an accountant mate from home town Mooroopna, thinks his situation won’t change too much but admits it will make for a very quiet few months ahead.
North Melbourne's Jy Simpkin trains at Arden St with the club's high performance manager Jona Segal. Picture: Tim Carrafa

North Melbourne's Jy Simpkin trains at Arden St with the club's high performance manager Jona Segal. Picture: Tim Carrafa

“It’s going to be the same old boring life, but it’s what we’ve got to do to get back playing footy and if it means we get back playing footy, I know I’m happy to do that,” he said.

“If you lived by yourself it wouldn’t be great … I like to interact with people and do stuff, so when I’m home alone, I go pretty crazy.”

When Simpkin was put through his paces on Saturday morning under the watchful eye of Roos high performance boss Jona Segal, the apparent temperature sat just above one degree.

It proved a far cry from where the young Roo spent the majority of his football hiatus – Kununurra, where on Sunday it will enjoy a forecast of a lazy 34 degrees.

The keen fisherman spent five weeks with his girlfriend’s family in far northern Western Australia, so became used to isolation, reeling in barramundi over a metre in size and even goanna.

But training alone had its challenges, tasked with an individual program to try and follow to the letter.

“Without a doubt, especially in those times a couple of months ago when we didn’t know when the season was coming back … there was times where you do get less motivated than what you’d want to be like,” he said.

“But you get through the program still which is just what you’ve got to do.”

Since he returned three weeks ago, Simpkin has embarked on one-on-one sessions with Segal, who travels from where he is isolating with his family – and for a while, young Roo Tarryn Thomas – in Gladysdale in the Yarra Valley to meet with players.

Segal is the first to admit the hiatus has posed its challenges, but he’s tried to make the best of it. Picture: Tim Carrafa
Segal is the first to admit the hiatus has posed its challenges, but he’s tried to make the best of it. Picture: Tim Carrafa

Segal admits the lengthy lay-off had the potential to “flatten a lot of players” both mentally and physically, but said a heavily football-based program had been developed in order to keep focus on whenever Round 2 could loom.

So he tried his best to keep players engaged in whatever way he could, even turning to his wardrobe.

“You’re trying to maintain that connection with players that you’re used to seeing every day, for most of the day,” Segal said.

“All of a sudden, you’re on Zoom, you’re in your house, in your own room, and you’re trying to talk to them about something.

“Normally there’d be the odd remark, question, whatever … sometimes there was nothing back (as everyone got used to stilted online meetings).

“That was the first challenge. I’m thinking ‘has my internet dropped out?’.

“I actually started to dress up a bit for the meetings, so I’d put on a suit or something else just so I’d know that players would send me a message taking the mickey a bit. At least I knew they were listening and watching.

“The trickiest thing was not having a rock solid return date.”

Now June 11 has been pinpointed, he said a whole new workload begins from Monday.

He’s “not necessarily worried” at the prospect of an increase in injuries, but concedes management is “on our checklist of things that we’re aware of”.

“I think had we not had the level of communication with players over the break that we’ve had, and not known exactly what guys are doing, not being able to see the quality of session that guys have had, you’d be very uneasy,” Segal said.

“We’ve still got some screening that we’ll need to get done. We need to see physically exactly how guys have returned, but that’s then our challenge in terms of how we manage that first week back. But for a lot of the group, we’re really comfortable with what they’ve done and we’re not expecting many surprises. But antennas are up.”

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne

POTY

If they haven’t already the club should be sending a scarf, beanie, Christmas jumper and Ben Brown socks, training top, training shorts and anything else they can think of over to him right now.

If it’s decent and they went through the right channels he might do a ‘live opening’ video or something.

I ain’t kidding.

Who is Rob Burton on here? Someone should tag him.

If they haven’t already the club should be sending a scarf, beanie, Christmas jumper and Ben Brown socks, training top, training shorts and anything else they can think of over to him right now.

If it’s decent and they went through the right channels he might do a ‘live opening’ video or something.

I ain’t kidding.

Who is Rob Burton on here? Someone should tag him.

And get Majak to send him a personal welcome to the club message.

North Melbourne Jy Simpkin concedes coronavirus testing is something he’ll never get used to as footy return looms
North Melbourne midfielder Jy Simpkin says he felt like he was having his brain tickled when he underwent COVID-19 testing on Friday. It’s the ‘new normal’ for AFL players as they prepare for footy’s return on June 11.
Lauren Wood, Sunday Herald Sun

Subscriber only
|
May 16, 2020 4:44pm

Jy Simpkin doesn’t think he’ll ever get used to having his “brain tickled”

The North Melbourne midfielder – like every AFL player – was this week tested for coronavirus and is bracing for a “new normal” which will include an inspection of his living arrangements and twice-weekly testing for the contagious disease.

“I’m not looking forward to it, to be honest,” he said.

“We had ours on Friday, and the thing goes that far up your nose, it feels like it’s literally tickling your brain. It brings instant tears to your eyes. Twice a week is not going to be fun.

“Hopefully we get used to it – otherwise it’s going to be a long year of corona testing.”

Simpkin, who lives with teammate Mason Wood and an accountant mate from home town Mooroopna, thinks his situation won’t change too much but admits it will make for a very quiet few months ahead.
North Melbourne's Jy Simpkin trains at Arden St with the club's high performance manager Jona Segal. Picture: Tim Carrafa's Jy Simpkin trains at Arden St with the club's high performance manager Jona Segal. Picture: Tim Carrafa

“It’s going to be the same old boring life, but it’s what we’ve got to do to get back playing footy and if it means we get back playing footy, I know I’m happy to do that,” he said.

“If you lived by yourself it wouldn’t be great … I like to interact with people and do stuff, so when I’m home alone, I go pretty crazy.”

When Simpkin was put through his paces on Saturday morning under the watchful eye of Roos high performance boss Jona Segal, the apparent temperature sat just above one degree.

It proved a far cry from where the young Roo spent the majority of his football hiatus – Kununurra, where on Sunday it will enjoy a forecast of a lazy 34 degrees.

The keen fisherman spent five weeks with his girlfriend’s family in far northern Western Australia, so became used to isolation, reeling in barramundi over a metre in size and even goanna.

But training alone had its challenges, tasked with an individual program to try and follow to the letter.

“Without a doubt, especially in those times a couple of months ago when we didn’t know when the season was coming back … there was times where you do get less motivated than what you’d want to be like,” he said.

“But you get through the program still which is just what you’ve got to do.”

Since he returned three weeks ago, Simpkin has embarked on one-on-one sessions with Segal, who travels from where he is isolating with his family – and for a while, young Roo Tarryn Thomas – in Gladysdale in the Yarra Valley to meet with players.

Segal admits the lengthy lay-off had the potential to “flatten a lot of players” both mentally and physically, but said a heavily football-based program had been developed in order to keep focus on whenever Round 2 could loom.

So he tried his best to keep players engaged in whatever way he could, even turning to his wardrobe.

“You’re trying to maintain that connection with players that you’re used to seeing every day, for most of the day,” Segal said.

“All of a sudden, you’re on Zoom, you’re in your house, in your own room, and you’re trying to talk to them about something.

“Normally there’d be the odd remark, question, whatever … sometimes there was nothing back (as everyone got used to stilted online meetings).

“That was the first challenge. I’m thinking ‘has my internet dropped out?’.

“I actually started to dress up a bit for the meetings, so I’d put on a suit or something else just so I’d know that players would send me a message taking the mickey a bit. At least I knew they were listening and watching.

“The trickiest thing was not having a rock solid return date.”

Now June 11 has been pinpointed, he said a whole new workload begins from Monday.

He’s “not necessarily worried” at the prospect of an increase in injuries, but concedes management is “on our checklist of things that we’re aware of”.

“I think had we not had the level of communication with players over the break that we’ve had, and not known exactly what guys are doing, not being able to see the quality of session that guys have had, you’d be very uneasy,” Segal said.

“We’ve still got some screening that we’ll need to get done. We need to see physically exactly how guys have returned, but that’s then our challenge in terms of how we manage that first week back. But for a lot of the group, we’re really comfortable with what they’ve done and we’re not expecting many surprises. But antennas are up.”
Jy used to live with Jack didn't he?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Lewis never got over squibbing a contest with Daniel Pratt and then getting reported & giving away a free kick when Pratt reminded him about it.

It happened right in front of me and he put in more short steps than Fred Astaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back