Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did they show Papley's miraculous over his head handball? It really is amazing how the ball went in a completely different trajectory to his fist.
Was def a dodgy looking handball, but what stands out the most in that passage is 3-4 of our blokes go to Papley, while leaving 2-3 swans on the outside. Pretty dumb footy from us and encapsulated our arvo pretty much.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven’t watched the game again, but I seem to recollect Simpkin ball watching a bit and got stuck in between.
Not to say he didn’t have a great game. But he’d like that moment back you’d think.
Simpkin does def get caught in no mans land. That didn’t seem to happen to us at all the week prior. I’m hoping the whole team was just a bit “off”. Nothing seemed to really gel the whole day.
Goldies shank at goal another example of a weird old day.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know why Kingys apologising? Did he go over the top critical? Lots of journalists have been apologising over coverage of the kid testing positive. Makes me wonder who’s sooked up.

Screenshot_20200624-070251_Herald Sun.jpg

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know why Kingys apologising? Did he go over the top critical? Lots of journalists have been apologising over coverage of the kid testing positive. Makes me wonder who’s sooked up.

Yeah, he went hard at Mckenna, saying he had no sympathy for him as he broke the rules.

Think the apologies are a bit from general criticism of journos about lack of acccountability and for being ambulance chasers, trying to be 1st rather than wait for facts.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, he went hard at Mckenna, saying he had no sympathy for him as he broke the rules.

Think the apologies are a bit from general criticism of journos about lack of acccountability and for being ambulance chasers, trying to be 1st rather than wait for facts.
The facts were at the time he tested positive and he broke protocols. Can't hang them for thinking he should be better.

And from there, positive or no positive result he jeopardized a $300 million industry to go to an open house. He is a dill and they should still give him a holiday

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The criticism still stands regardless of the kid testing negative. He still did the wrong thing. He just got lucky.

Has it been verified that McKenna broke the protocols? If so, surely he has to be rubbed out for a prolonged period. * already have form with Jerk-Felcher, so there should be a repeat offender loading chucked on top.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
And kicking straight

Yeah, that too. However, the Swans were as bad or worse in that regard. How about Blakey’s first miss?! It seemed to slip under the radar because it happened so early. It ranks as one of the worst set shot misses I’ve ever seen, to be fair. At the time, the commentators hardly remarked about it. I had already chalked it down as a goal to Sydney.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back