Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have openly admitted to having a sponsor make up the difference in contract offers.

What’s the point of the salary cap?
Given there is an extra $1million in "additional services" allowed outside the cap, the bigger question is: did we try the same thing? And if not, why not?

On Footy Classified Monday night the question was asked about how many numbers various clubs were taking to the Hubs, quick as a flash Caro pipes up "well North Melbourne took 91", they then extolled how smart were the clubs who copied Port Adelaide. and only tok limited numbers. Not looking like such a smart decision now the whole state is locked down. maybe for 6 weeks, and the possibility that there will be extra games squeezed in down the track.

On Footy Classified Monday night the question was asked about how many numbers various clubs were taking to the Hubs, quick as a flash Caro pipes up "well North Melbourne took 91", they then extolled how smart were the clubs who copied Port Adelaide. and only tok limited numbers. Not looking like such a smart decision now the whole state is locked down. maybe for 6 weeks, and the possibility that there will be extra games squeezed in down the track.
Would we have 91?

Caro was adamant, and her tone was demeaning, that's why the number stuck in my mind.

Yeah, but remember that clubs can SIMPLY hire charter flights to bring up anyone else if needed... Just like her beloved Tigers did with Tom Lynch yesterday! Puma probably paid for the plane.

Would we have 91?
Players
Coaches
Doctors/physios
Conditioning staff
Player liaison (not sure if that's the title, but the fixers that do all the legwork so all the players have to do is train and play)
Media
A few wives and kids

It would pretty quickly add up.

I’m sure the integrity unit has run their eyes over the deal.

And have completely ignored it.
It is nothing short of a ****ing disgrace.

In no way should a major club sponsor be able to individually sponsor players of that same club.

Complete lack of integrity that has been conveniently overlooked.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the third man up rule on principle. But I hate the way it's implemented.

The nominations thing is stupid. Instead of making players nominate and waiting for them ball up straight away if a third player goes up for the contest pay the free.

It will speed up the game and decrease congestion.
1000%.
This solution is so, so simple yet the AFL inexplicably continue with embarrassingly stupid nominations.

1000%.
This solution is so, so simple yet the AFL inexplicably continue with embarrassingly stupid nominations.
When they actually start listening to active coaches as the oracle, something is totally wrong. The rules have become a farce. The game has become, just like the “fixture”, an interpretation of what it should look like.....by the wrong people making the decisions.
Makes as much sense as Collingwood’s away strip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blight on SEN this morning. Should still be coaching.

( still not forgiving him for the " thing " but )
Yes a great footy brain; I always enjoy listening to him. I have forgiven him for 'that matter,' (teeth unclenching.) I rationalise it this way...he was part of 2 for us, so we are ahead on balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back